Class of 2020 - C Quincy Ballard (NY) Transferring from FSU to Wichita St | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Quincy Ballard (NY) Transferring from FSU to Wichita St

I hope he turns out a bust.

I'm kidding.

Not really. So tired of losing out on recruiting, especially to kids who aren't even ranked! Man, this is getting old.

I just woke up to a potential 7fter picking FSU over us after I tried willing this thread to become a winner to then finding out we didnt make Haarms top 10 to next changing my kids poopy diaper...hows your Saturday going? :) #stayhome but the bright side is im now watching the new Rock Trolls movie for the 2nd time!!! By the end of the day I'll probably have seen it 5 times! LGO!!!

Is the consensus that we can’t recruit centers, his mother and/or the kid has baggage or all three?

Having a hard time selecting a narrative.
I am still hanging out in the “Cuse never contacted him“ camp. It’s gotten a lot less crowded here and I can’t understand why everyone left. Fresh air, nice views, plenty of hookers and blow!

He’s severely underrated by the board and I mean severely. Statistically he was about the third best center in the ACC last year. Foul trouble is his problem. Stats don’t lie.

No way with that no way...he stunk three quarters of the year

I was intrigued by the first few videos then I saw some game film. Potential but very raw and passive. It will be 3 years because it is going to take time for this kid. I wish him the best but he was in no way going to provide an immediate lift. Now we keep pressing for other bigs in upcoming classes.

Not to mention he has two 4-star centers ahead of him on the depth chart at FSU. He will be fighting the other incoing 7-ft. frosh for the third center spot for at least the net couple of years.

I expect great things from Sidibe this year. As someone above said, he just has to stay healthy. Just the same, we need one of the other centers to step up and be the second option/5 more fouls guy. Can’t have Marek in the middle.

Think about this...his mom graduated from Syracuse and we are in the middle of a pandemic and we still might not land a center? I get it he just came out radar but it’s more than that. Somethings wrong here.. and I don’t want to hear about the Fab Melo glory days...they weren’t so glorifying at the end when the staff dropped the ball and he didn’t qualify for the NCAA tournament which ruined our chances at a title shot...with all due respect to Allen Griffin he was a guard and never a center...I have always felt that this was a major problem we never replaced when it came to recruiting big men. Just my opinion and on that front we don’t have a 1 percent change of getting this guy we have at least 30 since he got rid of another school
I can show you what’s wrong...go look in a mirror.

I expect great things from Sidibe this year. As someone above said, he just has to stay healthy. Just the same, we need one of the other centers to step up and be the second option/5 more fouls guy. Can’t have Marek in the middle.
It is hard to change demeanor, but he needs to know how good he can be.

I am not upset at all with the young man going to Florida Mistake, as I was not that high on him !
I thought the kid did not hustle enough based on what I saw on the very limited video of him !
Not wishing anything but the best for him, except when he plays SU !

Edelin cheering and also wearing a FSU shirt. Grrr.

Yeah what’s up with that Billy? Really wondering if some serious bridges have been burned with him.

The inability to land a center recently is getting old.
I. Jackson
Stewart
Omoruyi
Tape
Mitchell
Manuel
Wahab
Osunniyi
Banks
Yurtseven.

I realize we landed Edward's and JAB but right now it's an issue. I dont have the warm, fuzzy feeling that others have regarding the next year we play. Oh well, let's see who else enters the portal.

Um, yeah...don't you know those dastardly sanctions have roots from here to China. ;)

He’s severely underrated by the board and I mean severely. Statistically he was about the third best center in the ACC last year. Foul trouble is his problem. Stats don’t lie.
In 2019 Sid averaged 6pts, 7.5 boards, 1.4 blocks per game.
in 2018 Sid averaged 1.9 and 2.7 boards.

I am not going to knock Sid, I am not a fan of slamming our players when they are all trying. I will say that there is room for added production there and going back to my point I am not sure he has locked his position down. If one of the young guys comes in and shows, he should play. We should be recruiting over his talent in hopes of getting better. More talent would likely elevate Sids game further. That said, I have no doubt Sid gives his best for the team.

No way with that no way...he stunk three quarters of the year

Check the stats. He was 24th in the conference in win shares and he only played 24mpg. He had the best plus/minus on the team. We struggled cause he couldn’t stay on the court. When he wasn’t in foul trouble he was productive. The only better center than him for sure was Vernon Carey and maybe the kid from Wake. People on this board love Garrison Brooks and he outplayed him in Greensboro.

its still hard to understand how a kid goes from unknown to high level offers in a period of almost no contact or any real level of play to point at
Based on the article, nobody was trying to get him out there until his mom started mailing tapes out a couple weeks ago

hopefully those tapes show more than the limited film we have of a big kid blocking little kids shots and a tall kid that can dunk when wide open.

how long do you think billy has had that fsu shirt?

when you get that answer you'll realize syracuse was never really in this.

syracuse didn't "lose" this kid to the seminoles; rather, he used syracuse to generate some local media attention. well played