Class of 2020 - C Quincy Ballard (NY) Transferring from FSU to Wichita St | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Quincy Ballard (NY) Transferring from FSU to Wichita St

More pages, more words, than this whole thing deserves IMHO !
Probably a nice young man but as someone so aptly put it "... big kid blocking little kids shots..." !
I might add, with what appears to be s l o w feet !

He picked FSU.
A97EB771-CA24-4F87-9676-C28BF9853113.gif

He’s severely underrated by the board and I mean severely. Statistically he was about the third best center in the ACC last year. Foul trouble is his problem. Stats don’t lie.
Post of the day

To lift some of the gloom and doom in this thread, I recommend checking out this thread on the lacrosse board:

Do people think Billy should’ve been standing in the background sulking with his arms crossed? People are so stupid... he’s happy for the kid and supporting him, why spin that into a negative?

No need for the insults.

Did anyone say they were? Don’t forget Charles Pride at Bryant too. I thought people were mentioning players in D1 from Syracuse area.
Jalen Hawkins from Utica was going to play in the tourney with Robert Morris this season too

Honestly I don’t think you’ll be seeing much of Ballard at FSU for at least 3 years. He’s a major project. It’s possible he develops into a serviceable center by his junior year, but he’s not going to make an impact at FSU within the first two years. Best of luck to him, but he wasn’t going to be a kid to come in and solve any of our immediate needs. Sid, Edwards and JBA are currently far ahead of him.

I never thought he was going to be an all time great but I am also not going to say he sucked just because he picked someone else. He’s a very good player and not getting him is bad. Not keeping a very good and badly needed player who is local is bad. Losing him to Florida State vs a typically elite school is bad.

I never thought he was going to be an all time great but I am also not going to say he sucked just because he picked someone else. He’s a very good player and not getting him is bad. Not keeping a very good and badly needed player who is local is bad. Losing him to Florida State vs a typically elite school is bad.

He definitely has potential, is local and great size. Yes adding him would have been nice. Treating this like a major recruiting failure is madness though.

I wasn't in love with his tape and that has zero to do with who he chose. I wish him the best and on to the next.

0 for 3
0 for 3??? We wanted Tape That is one. We looked in to Morgan. We didn't pursue him. And two weeks ago, we didn't know this kid existed. If you want to wallow in misery, be my guest. This would have been a nice to have. He would have to have red shirted here this season. Fact. He doesn't have to do that at FSU. He made a good choice for himself. No one at Syracuse is crying over it. No one is crying over Morgan either.

0 for 3??? We wanted Tape That is one. We looked in to Morgan. We didn't pursue him. And two weeks ago, we didn't know this kid existed. If you want to wallow in misery, be my guest. This would have been a nice to have. He would have to have red shirted here this season. Fact. He doesn't have to do that at FSU. He made a good choice for himself. No one at Syracuse is crying over it. No one is crying over Morgan either.

I hope we’re not crying over Tape either.

He definitely has potential, is local and great size. Yes adding him would have been nice. Treating this like a major recruiting failure is madness though.

I wasn't in love with his tape and that has zero to do with who he chose. I wish him the best and on to the next.

I think he would have been a good player. Not getting him is bad. Is it a disaster? No. Is it good? No. Is it a symptom of a greater problem? Maybe.

I think he would have been a good player. Not getting him is bad. Is it a disaster? No. Is it good? No. Is it a symptom of a greater problem? Maybe.

At this point the cat is out of the bag. The "greater problem" is our new reality. We have 3 centers on the roster and we have another F who can play center. Only 1 leaves after this next season. For a kid who likely wants a chance to play high major ball, I'm not sure he sees that chance at SU. If we had 1 guy plus Marek and he doesn't give us a shot I would be far more concerned.

We need to develop the stable of bigs we have right now. That could certainly help us for recruiting and the future. As a program we need to overall just develop and move the needle back the right direction. I don't think the possibility of an issue is as much a valid point as is we have regressed a lot and need to dig our way out

Now he is major project? Stop it please . This is the type of rugged big we need. Now we have to face him. Recruiting matters

Based on his tape he is actually a project. Maybe the tape lies. The first couple of videos were impressive. He is a good athlete. In game action you can see he has a ways to go. Tendencies matter and he was very passive. I would have liked to get him. I also had to take a step back in terms of if we did get him and what expectations should be.