Class of 2020 - C Quincy Ballard (NY) Transferring from FSU to Wichita St | Page 63 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Quincy Ballard (NY) Transferring from FSU to Wichita St

Akok would be nice! Mike Ms response to that idea was that Akok isn't coming somewhere as a backup...why would you recruit someone like Akok to come as a backup and not just try and sell him on the position/competition for playing time? Best man wins and let it sort itself out in practice...not like we have proven 4 at the moment. (I know the answer to all of this but its still a piss poor excuse not to go after someone)

Akok would be nice! Mike Ms response to that idea was that Akok isn't coming somewhere as a backup...why would you recruit someone like Akok to come as a backup and not just try and sell him on the position/competition for playing time? Best man wins and let it sort itself out in practice...not like we have proven 4 at the moment. (I know the answer to all of this but its still a piss poor excuse not to go after someone)
JB was upfront with QB about his role. IF JB offers Akok, he definitely won't chase him, the pitch will be to compete for the one open F spot.

JB was upfront with QB about his role. IF JB offers Akok, he definitely won't chase him, the pitch will be to compete for the one open F spot.
The alternative to "chasing" is "hoping" and that's a guide to mediocrity in recruiting and roster talent.

Varsity pizza must've had a off day when he visited...
Nothing like a slice from the Varsity to show a recruit how important he is. Cafeteria next to Jims office must have been closed:)

Now thats a recipe for success.

Compete with who? We have an open forward spot unless JB has promised someone a start we have an open position to fill.
My understanding is that there is one starter at the F. Compete with who?? IF JB brings someone else in, the competition will be for the open F spot with...the other guys (freshmen) already on the roster.

Compete with who? We have an open forward spot unless JB has promised someone a start we have an open position to fill.
What do you mean, "compete with who?" There are 3 forward recruits coming in which makes 5 forwards currently on the roster.

Any info on who we may move onto now?
Zero info on the transfer front. Besides QB, we havent reached out to anyone. i’m guessing they’ll try for another C but pure guess

What do you mean, "compete with who?" There are 3 forward recruits coming in, 5 forwards currently on the roster.
Glad it wasn't just me who didn't understand the question.

The alternative to "chasing" is "hoping" and that's a guide to mediocrity in recruiting and roster talent.
To be clear, the "not chasing" reference is not my personal opinion of how we should be recruiting. I'm fairly confident that JB believes that HE can win with what we have.

Last edited:
Nothing like a slice from the Varsity to show a recruit how important he is. Cafeteria next to Jims office must have been closed:)

Do you know where they took him for dinner?

Can never have enough depth. But, if he was that good would not have left FSU would have stayed and started. Personally prefer a long 4 that can shoot and play a few backup minutes in ER situation for Jesse ala Marek. We need a proven scorer to mix with all these Frosh