Class of 2020 - C Quincy Ballard (NY) Transferring from FSU to Wichita St | Page 65 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Quincy Ballard (NY) Transferring from FSU to Wichita St

Anybody who is ready to contribute is going to pull a stunt like we just saw. Jesse will just have to iron man it, Bacot did it so can he. Carey can go 5 minutes or so against big centers and JBA can get more time against teams with smaller centers.
Jesse is always in foul trouble.

With the way Boehiem plays his bench its going to be hard finding a quality backup transfer ... there's a reason their transferring in the first place.

Anybody who is ready to contribute is going to pull a stunt like we just saw. Jesse will just have to iron man it, Bacot did it so can he. Carey can go 5 minutes or so against big centers and JBA can get more time against teams with smaller centers.
I wish you were correct.

I wish you were correct.
It appears that Frank left because he could see that the future at center is Carey and it appears that Ballard shied away because he saw the same thing. It would be great to have a more ready guy for back up this year, but it doesn't look like that's possible. Carey needs to be working hard as of right now, it's going to be his spot sooner or later.

It appears that Frank left because he could see that the future at center is Carey and it appears that Ballard shied away because he saw the same thing. It would be great to have a more ready guy for back up this year, but it doesn't look like that's possible. Carey needs to be working hard as of right now, it's going to be his spot sooner or later.
we kind of made him the forgotten one

He was wanted by the staff. As to good how would you know?

He knows how good the same way you said he would be great here.

It was all about the low crime rate. We never had a chance.

Snark and talent projections aside… it’s kinda sting-ish to ‘lose‘ a player to Wichita State. Any player. I get it—I think—QB believes he can compete against the Bama transfer for significant minutes. It just sucks to be at a level where our uniform isn’t as prized as we think it is/should be. But, that’s also a sign of these recent times, where immediacy is the priority, and everyone is mobile from year to year.

Our roster construction and corresponding trends are problematic. We have 6 newbs and JAB is gonna need a “Serenity Now!” tattoo on his palm. We are all gonna lose our minds from time to time next season.

Jesse is always in foul trouble.
He will have to focus on that, especially swatting over the back when the other team gets the rebound. He's smart, he can do it.

If there is a concern here it's that we don't replace Frank's spot. That would leave essentially 3 spots that give us nothing. JBA- love the kid but he isn't a solution for anything. Gotta find either a guy like Akok, get Frank back or a different backup 5. Akok just makes more sense because he can compete and help with two positions like Brown(assuming).

Carey’s future may be at PF.

Well to Bees point nobody knows how any player is going to Pan out. I really thought he would be excellent in JBs zone. Thought he would start over the frosh allow him time to recover and get stronger.
Im sure its a matter of not wanting to wait. Sucks as we could have used him next year.
Win some lose some.
Thank goodness Jim realed in Mintz.
Hopefully we land a solid backup to Jesse.

I didn’t know enough about Ballard to be too disappointed. But it’s important to consider that his mother might’ve wanted him to stay away from the hometown and whatever “influences” he could encounter here. Purely a guess on my part, but plenty of parents would be mindful of that. I’m not totally surprised by this outcome. And I’ll defer to the board player evals as to whether this is a huge loss, or a “play on”! Next!!

I didn’t know enough about Ballard to be too disappointed. But it’s important to consider that his mother might’ve wanted him to stay away from the hometown and whatever “influences” he could encounter here. Purely a guess on my part, but plenty of parents would be mindful of that. I’m not totally surprised by this outcome. And I’ll defer to the board player evals as to whether this is a huge loss, or a “play on”! Next!!
This is my thought