Class of 2020 - C Quincy Ballard (NY) Transferring from FSU to Wichita St | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Quincy Ballard (NY) Transferring from FSU to Wichita St

I believe about half the offer lists I read...look at his list in the article...a 2020 kid like him is waiting for what exactly? Maryland and FSU are legit. Why not sign?
Grades?

Ballard looks like a Plan C type of recruit but worth the risk/reward. Gotta hand it to the staff for wasting no time in getting another offer out. I'm guessing he'll be a strong redshirt candidate but he has size and seems pretty athletic, more so than JBA who I've seen a lot of video on. Also a good frame who could develop into a very physical presence which we've sorely lacked for awhile. Long term he'll provide a 3rd young big to develop. Given all the local connections, I'll be surprised if he doesn't take the offer.

Not a big fan of truthers on the Internet, but after catching up on this thread, I am totally down for "did the Cuse coaching staff really contact recruit X" truthering.

giphy.gif

Arinze was ranked somewhere south of 200. Rankings mean squat. This kid has something no center on the Cuse roster has...weight. The dunk from the foul line shows he has some athleticism for a thick kid. Why not take a shot? People talking about it scaring away Mac. I for one would hope that Cuse would be able to develop and rely on Edwards/JBA before having to throw a frosh big (Mac) out there.

Arinze was ranked somewhere south of 200. Rankings mean squat. This kid has something no center on the Cuse roster has...weight. The dunk from the foul line shows he has some athleticism for a thick kid. Why not take a shot? People talking about it scaring away Mac. I for one would hope that Cuse would be able to develop and rely on Edwards/JBA before having to throw a frosh big (Mac) out there.
Righto. We won a champeenchip with Jeremy McNeil and Craig Forth. I'll take this kid plus one of our other centers, and they'll be ready when Dior gets in. Back to an SU Dunk Tape.
Shut up. It could happen. This is all i have "during these difficult times."

Low end D1 player

He has a much more traditional big man game (and size) than somebody like JBA. There's a lot to work with there. It's a plug-in fit to a traditional problem, having someone with some size to defend opposing big men in the post, even if it's only 10 minutes a game. You need tools like this kid in your toolkit.