Class of 2021 - C Riley Mulvey (NY) Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 C Riley Mulvey (NY) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is REALLY interesting. Local guy, large in terms of height and weight, a bit under the radar at the moment. Maybe we think he is gonna be one of the program builder types who will be there for the 2023-2025 seasons, once the Dior show has ended?

You'll see lots of Dre to Riley in the videos posted above like this one...

doesn't look like the most explosive athlete, but I was impressed by his overall awareness and timing. Whenever he got the ball down low he never really brought it down to give anyone a chance of stripping the ball. I like it.

I like what I saw. lock this soph up.

Am I allowed to say that I was more impressed by this kid's tape, then by Clingan's? Not sure of the level of competition but this kid has good form on his shots, moves fairly well for his size, looks to have great timing on those blocks, and I detected an edge to his game on some of his plays. I like this offer.

This is the first I've heard of this kid. The film clips linked here are fairly impressive -- looks like he has good mobility, he's athletic, a very good athlete, has good timing with shot blocking, and a high release point on a confident jump shot. Also looked like he played some kids that were reasonably his size -- this wasn't just a highlight reel against a bunch of short guys.

I can certainly see why we offered. Not sure when these clips were from -- his 24seven profile lists him as 230 pounds, he certainly isn't that in the clips [which could be attributable to them being from last year].

This is the first I've heard of this kid. The film clips linked here are fairly impressive -- looks like he has good mobility, he's athletic, a very good athlete, has good timing with shot blocking, and a high release point on a confident jump shot. Also looked like he played some kids that were reasonably his size -- this wasn't just a highlight reel against a bunch of short guys.

I can certainly see why we offered. Not sure when these clips were from -- his 24seven profile lists him as 230 pounds, he certainly isn't that in the clips [which could be attributable to them being from last year].
Looks like if Craig Forth and Tyler Lydon had a baby.

This dude is a baller and has a great chance at being orange because of how early they are to the party. Moves better than Donovan C and much better reaction time. Much better offer regardless of what rankings say

Looks like he plays in Albany, I know we have some board members who should have a little insight here. I liked what I saw, big kid, solid shot blocking instincts, moble, nice form on his shot, good athleticism, good hands and reaction timing. Kids only a sophomore too so lots of time to continue to improve. I'd take him right now if he wanted to commit. Any locals have a beat on the kids true hight?

I don't know if he's our #1 center recruit but he would be an excellent addition to the team. He has two years to gain some strength and refine the skills. But from the tape he has a mid range game and has some skills and aggressive around the basket. Like his shot blocking potential. Being in 10th grade he is likely to gain another inch or two, we're looking at a potential 7 footer which will only add to his overall game.

I wanted to give some more background on Riley Mulvey (rising Junior-- he was a 6'11 Soph this past season). Yes, he is a local BIG (Rotterdam) where he played at Albany Academy last year with Andre Jackson. Sounds like he'll be playing at St. Thomas More in CT this season (same school Andre Drummond played at). I believe Jai Smith is there now too. One if older brothers, Taylor Mulvey, is listed as a basketball coach and college placement director at STM. Riley's first and only HM offer was Iowa in April, and Riley has some family connections to the McCaffrey family (I'll link the article below the Iowa offer tweet). He also took an unofficial to Iowa last fall and he sees himself becoming like a Garza. We are now the second HM offer and still early (a good thing) as I'd expect his list to keep growing in the near future. Lots to like about him now as a player/recruit and even more to like in 2 years!

Link to article about the 2 families and more...

Last edited:
I wanted to give some more background on Riley Mulvey (rising Junior-- he was a 6'11 Soph this past season). Yes, he is a local BIG (Rotterdam) where he played at Albany Academy last year with Andre Jackson. Sounds like he'll be playing at St. Thomas More in CT this season (same school Andre Drummond played at). I believe Jai Smith is there now too. One if older brothers, Taylor Mulvey, is listed as a basketball coach and college placement director at STM. Riley's first and only HM offer was Iowa in April, and Riley has some family connections to the McCaffrey family (I'll link the article below the Iowa offer tweet). He also took an unofficial to Iowa last fall and he sees himself becoming like a Garza. We are now the second HM offer and still early (a good thing) as I'd expect his list to keep growing in the near future. Lots to like about him now as a player/recruit and even more to like in 2 years!

Link to article about the 2 families and more...
Iowa seems solidly in the lead here, and they do have a good rep producing these types of bigs, ie: lumbering 7-ft white guys. :)
Hope we can get in his ear and keep him home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom