Class of 2021 - C Riley Mulvey (NY) Offered | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 C Riley Mulvey (NY) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know where we stand with this kid? I know we like clingon but that might be a tough get. Is the interest level mutual here?

Anyone know where we stand with this kid? I know we like clingon but that might be a tough get. Is the interest level mutual here?
Iowa was on him early and he has a relationship with Mcaffery. Iowa also has a history of doing well with bigs like him. Hopefully the kid wants to stay home

Just got a chance to catch up on some recruiting threads. Clingan is going to be a great player, i've never felt that he fits our zone though. He lumbers a bit and won't be able to defend the corners. If you look at guys like Keita and Xmas, they were much more mobile and effective in our zone. Mulvey is more mobile that Clingan, but not as big and appears to play more facing the basket than Clingan.

If Mulvey browns and gets stronger, he'd be a better fit for our system, but I still think Clingan has the greater upside...but I want to win at Syracuse, not the NBA. Really disappointed to hear about Ettiene. He's the kid I really loved...but it sounds like thats one of those recruitments that is out of the control of many, and in control of few.

As much of a stud that I think Clingan will be in college, I think Mulvey is a much better fit for Cuse. Good lateral movement and impressive control around the rim. I like that he’s playing some better competition now too.

We’ve historically had a lot of success with kids whose mothers are heavily involved in marketing their sons. Where can I sign us up?

As much of a stud that I think Clingan will be in college, I think Mulvey is a much better fit for Cuse. Good lateral movement and impressive control around the rim. I like that he’s playing some better competition now too.

Mulvey is blossoming and adding dimensions to his game. Clingan is a better fit for a ND type of system. I would take Mulvey 10/10 times and think he becomes the better player. I think Su has great chance here

Eye opening sequence where he inbounded against the press, received a return pass and dribbled to half court under pressure and made the right pass leading to a hockey assist on the break. He gets ripped in the ACC, but not bad at all in live competition for a 6'10" guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom