Class of 2021 - C Riley Mulvey (NY) Offered | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 C Riley Mulvey (NY) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
doesn't look like the most explosive athlete, but I was impressed by his overall awareness and timing. Whenever he got the ball down low he never really brought it down to give anyone a chance of stripping the ball. I like it.
Here’s more explosive than Clingman, just not as big.

Clingan in every video is playing against small little kids (I understand he’s huge) but I haven’t seen anything from him that shows versatility compared to Riley. I would take Riley 100/100 times

Quite simply, their respective offer lists and offer priority doesnt support your evaluation. I do appreciate that Mulvey generally plays against better competition. But that cuts both ways from a recruiting standpoint.

I like the video on him, and he seems pretty mobile for a big guy. Takes it up strong. What I don't see is that he doesn't even look like he's over 200 let alone 230. That seems off to me. But he's local, and likely worth pursuing based on film. I'd prefer to wait and see him develop a bit more against better competition, but at the same token I can see why you want to offer early too. It'll be interesting to see where this leads, and how he develops.

I like the video on him, and he seems pretty mobile for a big guy. Takes it up strong. What I don't see is that he doesn't even look like he's over 200 let alone 230. That seems off to me. But he's local, and likely worth pursuing based on film. I'd prefer to wait and see him develop a bit more against better competition, but at the same token I can see why you want to offer early too. It'll be interesting to see where this leads, and how he develops.
did someone let Jon Rothstein around this kid?

I wanted to give some more background on Riley Mulvey (rising Junior-- he was a 6'11 Soph this past season). Yes, he is a local BIG (Rotterdam) where he played at Albany Academy last year with Andre Jackson. Sounds like he'll be playing at St. Thomas More in CT this season (same school Andre Drummond played at). I believe Jai Smith is there now too. One if older brothers, Taylor Mulvey, is listed as a basketball coach and college placement director at STM. Riley's first and only HM offer was Iowa in April, and Riley has some family connections to the McCaffrey family (I'll link the article below the Iowa offer tweet). He also took an unofficial to Iowa last fall and he sees himself becoming like a Garza. We are now the second HM offer and still early (a good thing) as I'd expect his list to keep growing in the near future. Lots to like about him now as a player/recruit and even more to like in 2 years!

Link to article about the 2 families and more...
Intriguing prospect.

Interesting offer. I never thought Clinigan was a priority. Let’s see what happens with Mac and our returning centers. 2022 will be heavy on guards and forwards.

Interesting offer. I never thought Clinigan was a priority. Let’s see what happens with Mac and our returning centers. 2022 will be heavy on guards and forwards.
Agree on that. We may take a flyer on this guy but I bet we’ll still have at the very least 2 of the centers still here in the 2022 season (Mac and/or our returning guys)

Agree on that. We may take a flyer on this guy but I bet we’ll still have at the very least 2 of the centers still here in the 2022 season (Mac and/or our returning guys)
Out of the 3 young Cs vying for playing time I'm confident we can get more than enough production out of them to hold down that spot offensively and defensively IMO

Screenshot_20200812-154034_Instagram.jpg

Is that better or worse for his development from a level of competition perspective?

It's got to be better. St Thomas More plays in the NEPSAC and competes with the likes of Brewster, Vermont Academy, Kimball Union etc - better comp than one I saw of Albany Academy's schedule.
We’ll get to see him go head-to-head with Etienne, who’s at “Brewstah” (Terminator voice).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom