Class of 2024 - C Thomas Sorber (NJ / PA) Offered | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 C Thomas Sorber (NJ / PA) Offered

Gotta keep in mind he is a HS sophmore in those clips. His footwork for a big immediately jumps off the page. He is already able to drop step over booth shoulders and shows good touch around the rim. To my eye, he looks a lot more fluid than Patterson, who is a year older. Big body, "baby fat." As he matures physically and tones up his body he could be a force in the middle.
Could not agree more. To me, he would be a take just on that tape.

Thomas played at Archbishop Ryan (Philly Catholic league) and currently plays Team Final in the EYBL. Maybe we get a TF packaged deal in Rob Wright and Sorber.

Here are some quotes on Thomas Sorber that I've seen from March on...

Has nice touch off the glass, good awareness around the rim, improving hands, & understands how to use his length & frame inside.

He completely controlled the paint. Had great patience in the low post, made great reads to deliver sharp passes & owned the boards inside for 2nd chance points.

He’s a load to deal with on the interior, has good hands and shooting potential too.

Big man Thomas Sorber has good hands to catch passes/corral rebounds, soft touch on jump-hooks when posting up, and vision to find cutting teammates for layups.

Sorber gets better every time he steps on the court. Not only is he talented on the court, he sees the game. He plays chess not checkers!! Big fella is built different.

Looks like a Rick Jackson, below the rim kind of big man.

Syracuse: “They have a great program. I like all the coaches and the head coach was telling me how they like to run stuff through their bigs. They run the pick and roll a lot and I see myself fitting in like a player you can play through. I can help the guards out a little bit if they get in trouble.”

“I’m looking to work on my three ball and getting in shape,” he said. “Those are my two main goals that can take my game pretty far. If I get those two things down I think I’ll possibly be one of the best players in the country.”

Is this the center for our -
Moore
Fland
Adams
Freeman
2024 Class?:)

This off-season is going to be a ride
PleasedVerifiableIbizanhound-size_restricted.gif

Gotta keep in mind he is a HS sophmore in those clips. His footwork for a big immediately jumps off the page. He is already able to drop step over booth shoulders and shows good touch around the rim. To my eye, he looks a lot more fluid than Patterson, who is a year older. Big body, "baby fat." As he matures physically and tones up his body he could be a force in the middle.
Yes he is head and shoulders above Patterson. He reminds me of Thomas Bryant with some Ricky Jax

Yes he is head and shoulders above Patterson. He reminds me of Thomas Bryant with some Ricky Jax
Do you know if we are still recruiting him? And, if we are, how hard we are recruiting him?

This is the kind of player that kill us. He’s looking at Miami. So is Bethea. Bethea has said he would like to play with him. It could be the difference in getting Bethea.

This is the kind of player that kill us. He’s looking at Miami. So is Bethea. Bethea has said he would like to play with him. It could be the difference in getting Bethea.
Also the fact that DJ Irving (Miami Asst) used to coach both of them at Team Final

This is why JB hasn't had a winning team in so long. His recruiting sucks. Plain and simple, the way it is.
Just Laughable. Define “winning”. Last year was literally his first year with a losing record, and it was just barely. This year is on the upswing and next year had the chance to be fantastic. So sick of these “sky is falling” takes…

Just Laughable. Define “winning”. Last year was literally his first year with a losing record, and it was just barely. This year is on the upswing and next year had the chance to be fantastic. So sick of these “sky is falling” takes…
The guy’s just a troll. I had to learn to just ignore.

Amen. Plus, yeah, maybe SU isn't recruiting Sorber hard. Maybe SU is focused on Donnie Freeman or another 2024 big we don't know about yet. That being said, I will be interested to see if Sorber and Bethea end up as a package deal somewhere...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom