Class of 2024 - C Thomas Sorber (NJ / PA) Offered | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 C Thomas Sorber (NJ / PA) Offered

Is AA trying to close down Bethea and Sorbers soon? Or are these two recruitments going into the EYBL season.

just look at the immediate impact of people seeing the HC on the road and these kids seeing them at the games. People don’t realize how little Boeheim traveled for the last 5-10 years. People wonder why the recruiting faltered. It was mainly that. They never saw the guy who they were gonna play for. Now look at how we’re in the running for a lot of kids simply bc of effort by AA
Agreed. Now, we need to land some.

Is AA trying to close down Bethea and Sorbers soon? Or are these two recruitments going into the EYBL season.
It’s still pretty early. They are all still juniors in high school. Kids do seem to commit earlier. Let’s hope so.

just look at the immediate impact of people seeing the HC on the road and these kids seeing them at the games. People don’t realize how little Boeheim traveled for the last 5-10 years. People wonder why the recruiting faltered. It was mainly that. They never saw the guy who they were gonna play for. Now look at how we’re in the running for a lot of kids simply bc of effort by AA
You’d have to think Red relates to these young recruits in this day and age a lot better than JB did.

You’d have to think Red relates to these young recruits in this day and age a lot better than JB did.
Maybe, but Red is 51. We all still think of him as being much younger. Gerry is 39.

Maybe, but Red is 51. We all still think of him as being much younger. Gerry is 39.
Not aged wise so much, but definitely background and upbringing. Plus having sons the age of the recruits.

Clearly [because it's impossible to conceive otherwise].

But also because he has a kid who is currently a senior in HS and a basketball recruit -- so he's undoubtedly more in tune with kids that age on that basis alone.

For the class of 2023, 3 of the top 5 players are from the Philly/Jersey area and committed to Kentucky. The number 8 player is from Roselle Catholic in Jersey, Tyler Roberson's high school and he committed to Duke. We need to reclaim this territory and NY state and work to become the go to school which starts now with getting a guy like Judah into the NBA, Benny might be a lost cause, but Moore must develop into a first rounder. At the end of the day, top recruits want to go to schools where NBA players are produced.

For the class of 2023, 3 of the top 5 players are from the Philly/Jersey area and committed to Kentucky. The number 8 player is from Roselle Catholic in Jersey, Tyler Roberson's high school and he committed to Duke. We need to reclaim this territory and NY state and work to become the go to school which starts now with getting a guy like Judah into the NBA, Benny might be a lost cause, but Moore must develop into a first rounder. At the end of the day, top recruits want to go to schools where NBA players are produced.
Benny showed us at the end of the year that he still has potential. If he stays 2 more years you never know

Since my post earlier today, recruiting regionally got a lot harder now that Pitino is coach at St. Johns.

Since my post earlier today, recruiting regionally got a lot harder now that Pitino is coach at St. Johns.

If we are winning St Johns wont be able to recruit against us. I doubt Rick going to pull 5 star players to St Johns or at least very often. It is all about winning and playing an exciting brand of basketball.

If we are winning St Johns wont be able to recruit against us. I doubt Rick going to pull 5 star players to St Johns or at least very often. It is all about winning and playing an exciting brand of basketball.
He can connect wit big NIL “groupies” in NYC. May not be a level playing field

St.John’s has horrible facilities. I think Pitino wants all home games played at the Garden. I doubt that happens.

Lol. Syracuse can get more NIL out of the city than St. John’s. Nobody that lives there cares about that program.
Thank you - I know this isn’t the thread for this but I’m so tired of how scared people are of St. John’s / Georgetown. If we’re rolling like we should it will not matter. We’ve kicked their ass in recruiting for years and we still will. We’re Syracuse, programs are going to be nervous seeing our staff on the road again.

St.John’s has horrible facilities. I think Pitino wants all home games played at the Garden. I doubt that happens.
I'm sure his demands for St. John's, not unlike his ego, have few boundaries. This didn't just happen. He has been negotiating with St. John's for a while now. At a minimum, Pitinio will have all BE home games at MSG starting next season. He has been quoted as saying "i expect to rebuild in months not years."

I wouldn't bet against him.

I'm sure his demands for St. John's, not unlike his ego, have few boundaries. This didn't just happen. He has been negotiating with St. John's for a while now. At a minimum, Pitinio will have all BE home games at MSG starting next season. He has been quoted as saying "i expect to rebuild in months not years."

I wouldn't bet against him.
He’s also quoted as saying that he’ll never leave Iona and that it’ll be his last coaching job. Coaches say things.

He’s also quoted as saying that he’ll never leave Iona and that it’ll be his last coaching job. Coaches say things.
How any places has Pitino been to? He talks a great game, but money talks.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom