Class of 2024 - C Thomas Sorber (NJ / PA) Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 C Thomas Sorber (NJ / PA) Offered

Thomas played at Archbishop Ryan (Philly Catholic league) and currently plays Team Final in the EYBL. Maybe we get a TF packaged deal in Rob Wright and Sorber.

Here are some quotes on Thomas Sorber that I've seen from March on...

Has nice touch off the glass, good awareness around the rim, improving hands, & understands how to use his length & frame inside.

He completely controlled the paint. Had great patience in the low post, made great reads to deliver sharp passes & owned the boards inside for 2nd chance points.

He’s a load to deal with on the interior, has good hands and shooting potential too.

Big man Thomas Sorber has good hands to catch passes/corral rebounds, soft touch on jump-hooks when posting up, and vision to find cutting teammates for layups.

Sorber gets better every time he steps on the court. Not only is he talented on the court, he sees the game. He plays chess not checkers!! Big fella is built different.

He has no vertical. I don’t think I saw him actually leave the floor on a single layup. He’s definitely a load, but he won’t get shots off against athletic bigs.

He has no vertical. I don’t think I saw him actually leave the floor on a single layup. He’s definitely a load, but he won’t get shots off against athletic bigs.
Reminds me of AO.

Looks a bit like Jared Sullinger. Maybe a bit like Andre Hawkins who also battled Patrick so valiantly.

Last edited:
Neither does Bacot. But if he is big, strong and can clear out space and get rebounds that is the type of player we have been missing for years.

Neither does Bacot. But if he is big, strong and can clear out space and get rebounds that is the type of player we have been missing for years.
Bancot can dunk in traffic. I’m not sure about this kid. He is a big body that we’ve been missing.

Sorber is teammates with priority 2024 guard Robert Wright, who said this about Sorber:

"I was happy for him because he's been talking about it for a minute, getting a Syracuse offer," Wright said. "For him to get it at camp was good. He's a big that has some of the best footwork in the country. I don't think there's a big that has better footwork than him. He has great touch, can shoot the three, he can shoot it from anywhere. He's good in pick and roll action, pick and pop. He can do it all."

Pretty sure Wright likes Cuse a lot too. Could be a good package deal.

link: Robert Wright Recaps Syracuse Basketball Elite Camp Experience

Larry Bird was 6’9” and shooting step back fall always from 25 feet. Not a good comparison.
The post opined that because he has no vertical, he can't get his shot off. My point was that vertical elevation isn't necessary to get his shot off. That is especially true in college. I wasn't comparing him to Bird as a player.

Gotta keep in mind he is a HS sophmore in those clips. His footwork for a big immediately jumps off the page. He is already able to drop step over booth shoulders and shows good touch around the rim. To my eye, he looks a lot more fluid than Patterson, who is a year older. Big body, "baby fat." As he matures physically and tones up his body he could be a force in the middle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom