Class of 2019 - C Tre Mitchell (CT) to UMass | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 C Tre Mitchell (CT) to UMass

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is fair. Our bigs (not including Marek) inability to convert on dump offs and Off reb put backs costs us at least a few baskets a game. It would be great if we can address that, its not a huge need but its certainly an area that we can improve on.
When Syracuse is playing low possession games and we're giving away points on free throws and fumbled bunnies, it hurts to lose by six points. We might give a few back by not having a 7' shot blocker in the zone, but IMO that is overrated. Some may disagree, including JAB, but I there's a discussion there. Some of SU's best teams had centers who weren't great at blocking shots and were better at scoring.

We don't need to recruit a center. We have Marek. Get him an NBA trainer and he'll be 230 of solid granite next season.

We don't need to recruit a center. We have Marek. Get him an NBA trainer and he'll be 230 of solid granite next season.
He lost a pound this offseason. If he gained 50 in the upcoming one that trainer would make a billion dollars

I would reserve judgment here--his coach is being subpoenaed re: the shoe scandal.
Yeah, there’s a reason why lot$ of teams backed off him. JAB doesn’t play that game and bows out of recruiting dudes who have those red flags (e.g., Billy Preston who magically wound up at KU with a new car, wrecked it, didn’t play for awhile, and then left the team, but Bill Self & Adidas didn’t know why he picked KU. Nope).

Six weeks of mild steroids after the season and he would come in 25 pounds heavier - I'm sure someone on the football team could advise him

Mareks wonderful but he wont suffice as an ACC center. We’re making a habit out of playing people out of position due to insufficient recruiting classes. Unfortunately I dont think Tre comes here.

Marek needs to play on the wing not center. Just like I'm sure lydon hated playing Center for this same reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom