Class of 2019 - C Vernon Carey (FL) to Duke | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 C Vernon Carey (FL) to Duke

His father went 4-0 against us in football (5-0 if you count his RS year) at Miami & was their starting RT as a Jr. & Sr. with his senior year being the last time we played them in 2003.
IMG_1124.PNG

His father went 4-0 against us in football (5-0 if you count his RS year) at Miami & was their starting RT as a Jr. & Sr. with his senior year being the last time we played them in 2003.
View attachment 110859
Craziest thing is that his father graduated college the same year we won our national championship. Man am I getting old

Do we have a connection here?
Almost certain this is Allen Griffin. He's has family in the West Palm Beach area now, and of course, he was dialed in with Antwann Jones.
Fab was from this general area too (Weston, FL), but I sense this is Griff's influence. If so, glad he's brought his own niche.

Off the top of my head, SU hoopsters from the Sunshine State: Fab (really Brazil, but ...), Jason Cipolla (sort of: Tallahassee Community College) and Preston Shumpert (Pensacola). Missing anyone?

2 out of these 3 schools in trouble after today and UNC still waiting -

Almost certain this is Allen Griffin. He's has family in the West Palm Beach area now, and of course, he was dialed in with Antwann Jones.
Fab was from this general area too (Weston, FL), but I sense this is Griff's influence. If so, glad he's brought his own niche.

Off the top of my head, SU hoopsters from the Sunshine State: Fab (really Brazil, but ...), Jason Cipolla (sort of: Tallahassee Community College) and Preston Shumpert (Pensacola). Missing anyone?

I think you're right. SU really hasn't been in FL much. The studs at IMG/Montverde go to other schools but that may all change after today! Re: Jones...did he get an SU offer, actually? With Buddy being committed informally for awhile and Hughes on board; I don't think they offered him. I could be wrong. Also, I think Francis mentioned that Jones wasn't playing well in AAU this summer and really struggling shooting the ball. My memory may be incorrect, though.

Dean Francis

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom