Class of 2023 - C William Patterson (NY) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (2/20/23) | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 C William Patterson (NY) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (2/20/23)

This is Griffs guy right here. He really thinks he could be fantastic and has been on him for a very very long time. The Jesse thing has nothing to do with his decision trust me. And don’t even need Adam here. His relationship with AG is Better than any other coach in his recruitment. Would be a good pickup and not a huge project
Griff is a good recruiter it seems as if JB leans more towards the kids that Gmac is on. I really like this kid think that he can start for us as a sophomore

It appears likely that we will have four center projects on next year’s team. This is just awful roster management.

Ajak
Carey
Hima
Patterson
Seems like staff is gearing up for a big run in the portal.

It appears likely that we will have four center projects on next year’s team. This is just awful roster management.

Ajak
Carey
Hima
Patterson
Assuming John Bol is gone, I think someone said that the staff was looking at Carey as a reserve forward?

Assuming John Bol is gone, I think someone said that the staff was looking at Carey as a reserve forward?
Where is Ajak going? If Hop or GMAC get the Bucknell job, I could see him going there.

What skills does Carey have as a power forward? He hasn’t played competitive basketball in three years. I know he’s athletic, but what else does he bring?

Honestly, he’s not a division one ACC basketball player either

He's the perfect guy to occupy the 12th or 13th spot on the bench.

Great practice player who never complains about his playing time. Great student and teammate. And he can give you a few minutes in a pinch.

I have no issue if he wants to come back.

Somebody posted on here, he's the 3rd string center at the Patrick School. Now they play a challenging regional schedule but their record is 6-14 on the season.
It was me, you can look up The Patrick School on the NJ.com Highschool sports page. Will has only played in 1 game and has 4pts on the season. Also if you look up The Patrick school on YouTube some of the teams they've faced have full live streams... A 6'8 Sophmore, and a 7'2 Junior play Center over Will.

It was me, you can look up The Patrick School on the NJ.com Highschool sports page. Will has only played in 1 game and has 4pts on the season. Also if you look up The Patrick school on YouTube some of the teams they've faced have full live streams... A 6'8 Sophmore, and a 7'2 Junior play Center over Will.

Soooo our top center prospect is 3rd string on a high school team? Hoping Boeheim tells us he's the best center recruit we've ever had.

Last edited:
Where is Ajak going? If Hop or GMAC get the Bucknell job, I could see him going there.

What skills does Carey have as a power forward? He hasn’t played competitive basketball in three years. I know he’s athletic, but what else does he bring?
Onto the real world? He already has his undergrad degree or will soon

This kid isn't as bad as some are making out, but he is clearly a project.

He's an athletic jumping jack, with limited refinement at this stage [especially offensively]. But he is a high major athlete. Projects as a plus shot blocker.

If I was William Patterson trying to decide on whether to come to Syracuse or not and I read the negativity on this board about him playing for Syracuse, I would have an easy decision.

Then the same people will complain that the coaches did not land Patterson when Syracuse fails to get a qualified center through the portal. Jim Boeheim (even if he retires) will be blamed in either case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom