Calipari meeting oriahki | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Calipari meeting oriahki

What is the appeal of AO? He is no better than some 2nd tier stiff Cal could recruit last minute to go there, so why would he trip over himself to bring this guy on? I don't get it.
because he is losing everyone on his team and it would be nice to have a senior who has, you know, won a national championship, to go with all his freshmen

because he is losing everyone on his team and it would be nice to have a senior who has, you know, won a national championship, to go with all his freshmen
And has played against the zone 8 times in his career

And has played against the zone 8 times in his career

with career averages of 7 and 7, and has underachieved throughout his career. he is a stiff, but if Cal sees him as a savior, party on. He had about as much to do with that NC as Jeremy McNeil did with Cuse.

with career averages of 7 and 7, and has underachieved throughout his career. he is a stiff, but if Cal sees him as a savior, party on. He had about as much to do with that NC as Jeremy McNeil did with Cuse.
you aren't getting it, he doesn't want him to lead his team to a national championship, he probably doesn't even want him to start, he is probably just looking for some leadership ala Miller this year

you aren't getting it, he doesn't want him to lead his team to a national championship, **** he probably doesn't even want him to start, he is probably just looking for some leadership ala Miller this year
Oriakhi is also a very good rebounder. UK will have scorers next season, so they'll tell him to go get the boards

I've been told that Oriakhi will be able to play at SEC school if he chooses an area of study that is not offered at UConn.
34 minutes ago

Jeff Goodman

There's always Hillybilly Handfishing. No way they offer that at UConn. I hear that's offered at the UK School of Redneck Behavior. He can also learn to catch snapping turtles with that other dude from Kentucky (Turtle Man?). I lost the link to the video of Turtle Man, but I think Alex would be stellar at that considering his height and long reach.

you aren't getting it, he doesn't want him to lead his team to a national championship, **** he probably doesn't even want him to start, he is probably just looking for some leadership ala Miller this year
Nope, I get it. What you describe is a retread. A Sr, more experienced retread who can provide some depth, but a retread nonetheless. I think it's reflective of the desperation Cal is feeling to fill up his roster with all of the defections.

Nope, I get it. What you describe is a retread. A Sr, more experienced retread who can provide some depth, but a retread nonetheless. I think it's reflective of the desperation Cal is feeling to fill up his roster with all of the defections.
Or it could be as much Cal trying to keep Oriakhi away from other school as it is trying to get him to UK. Getting him to UK would keep him away from UNC, Duke, other SEC schools,. It's like when the yankees went after A-rod, a huge part was so he didn't go to Boston and face them 18+ times a year :noidea:

Or it could be as much Cal trying to keep Oriakhi away from other school as it is trying to get him to UK. Getting him to UK would keep him away from UNC, Duke, other SEC schools,. It's like when the yankees went after A-rod, a huge part was so he didn't go to Boston and face them 18+ times a year :noidea:
AO not equivalent to ARod. He is not a game changer, that's my point, he is merely a role player.

AO not equivalent to ARod. He is not a game changer, that's my point, he is merely a role player.
Not saying AO is the NCAA POY but Cal would definitely prefer if UNC's starting front court wasn't MacAdoo-AO or OSU's was Thomas-AO or Florida's was Young-AO :noidea:

Not a huge fan of him Oriahki myself, but during the national championship game he was arguably the best player on the floor that night (11pts 11rbs 4 bks)

If absolutely nothing else he'd be the perfect practice mate for Poythress and Cauley and give you 5 fouls off the bench. My opinion? He'd start at UK if they miss on Noel.

If absolutely nothing else he'd be the perfect practice mate for Poythress and Cauley and give you 5 fouls off the bench. My opinion? He'd start at UK if they miss on Noel.
If? You son of a bit¢h, when is more appropriate.

I can't believe on a Cuse board that Alex whoever he is, is being referred to as "AO". We all know who AO is and it ain't Alex Oriahki.

Jr.: I never post on here. However, I think you might want to watch the OK State game from the 2003 NCAAs. We'd still be looking for a title without Mr. McNeil.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom