Calipari... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Calipari...

Dude that is recruiting not coaching. You still have to coach to get to a Final 4. TERRIBLE logic.
do final fours count if the NCAA vacates them due to cheating?

Poythress bought in? he was not good enough to make the leap and had no other choice but to sit the bench and hope he can improve enough

So what? He can make the leap this year. He's good. Obviously he bought in, duh. He contributes and didn't transfer out.

his only final four and only NC could have been won with any coach at the helm. I do not take into consideration ff's vacated due to cheating.

I think he can coach but lets not get carried away about him being a sure thing. He is questionable as a total package in respect to his tactics and to steal a quote from a former board hottie film his "moral fiber" is questionable and thats a complement to not go below that. I prefer a coach who is at least willing to be public with his ugly side like JB and Pitino than a salesman with skeletons.

I also think miller off the bench was much more to keep the youngsters promises than a tactical move. Miller was the key to that team.. funny in that he was not a calipari guy as he was there before cal.

do final fours count if the NCAA vacates them due to cheating?

Please man. We can get into Michigan also with this. Just drop it and don't embarrass yourself.

So what? He can make the leap this year. He's good. Obviously he bought in, duh. He contributes and didn't transfer out.
sitting out a year to transfer definately would not help him make the league this year. as i said, he had no other option but to be a backup to someone who had yet to play a minute of college bball

Please man. We can get into Michigan also with this. Just drop it and don't embarrass yourself.
Embarresed for having an opinion that Paypal cal is not a good coach, I think not. Glad to see you are so fond of a cheater.

How many Final fours do they have vacated?
How many Final fours do they have vacated?

lol now that you know that just about every college coach has failed in the NBA you move back to the F4s being vacated. whatever. Its a pretty simple point. The guy wins big time wherever he goes. powerhouse, mid major, doesn't matter.

sitting out a year to transfer definately would not help him make the league this year. as i said, he had no other option but to be a backup to someone who had yet to play a minute of college bball

LOL. He's only a sophomore. Transferring out would have no impact on his NBA promises, imo. Like I said he bought in and he is playing well.

lol now that you know that just about every college coach has failed in the NBA you move back to the F4s being vacated. whatever. Its a pretty simple point. The guy wins big time wherever he goes. powerhouse, mid major, doesn't matter.
Camby won games, not Cal. Rose and Evans won games Not Paypal. O wait both rose did not even score high enough on the SAT's to play that season.

Embarresed for having an opinion that Paypal cal is not a good coach, I think not. Glad to see you are so fond of a cheater.

This is the last I will say about it. I am talking coaching. Not recruiting tactics. Coaching, man. You think Pete Carroll is a bad coach? Tarkanian a bad coach? Steve Fisher (he knew what was going on)?

LOL. He's only a sophomore. Transferring out would have no impact on his NBA promises, imo. Like I said he bought in and he is playing well.

You really think that? Kids at his expected level don't want to sit out a year. They want to get to the league as soon as possible. Of course he was gonna stay at UK

r
This is the last I will say about it. I am talking coaching. Not recruiting tactics. Coaching, man. You think Pete Carroll is a bad coach? Tarkanian a bad coach? Steve Fisher (he knew what was going on)?
Rolling out 5 burger boys and winning an NC or making a final four with the national player of the year does not make yoyu a good coach.

I'd like to know what level of cheating is considered to be acceptable to still be considered a "good coach."

Sobe.. in fairness coaching is hard to isolate from the other pieces. Its not like they arent interwoven. I agree in some respect to on the court stuff but its really hard to make an argument isolating just that with cal. Its not really a vacuum any way you try to spin it. And I agree about the on the court stuff.

r

Rolling out 5 burger boys and winning an NC or making a final four with the national player of the year does not make yoyu a good coach.

LOL. Whatever man.

Camby won games, not Cal. Rose and Evans won games Not Paypal. O wait both rose did not even score high enough on the SAT's to play that season.

I get it. You're a hater and rational discussion on the topic of his coaching ability is not your thing. That's cool.

r

lol love for you to list for me those five burger boys at UMass and Memphis.

Sobe.. in fairness coaching is hard to isolate from the other pieces. Its not like they arent interwoven. I agree in some respect to on the court stuff but its really hard to make an argument isolating just that with cal. Its not really a vacuum any way you try to spin it. And I agree about the on the court stuff.

We can agree to disagree but at least you bring some sound logic into the equation. But, back to Miller. I just think something was done right by Cal to get him to believe in his role. He improved tremendously and he got drafted. I still think he has some stamp on the development of the players (albeit very talented) getting them ready for the NBA. You won't just make it in the NBA without some understanding of the game in college, imo.

This is a fun thread right here.

I know a lot of people were crowing earlier in the season about how after missing the tournament last year and the less than great start to the season for UK that this "proved" that Calipari's "style" or getting as many awesome freshmen as he could doesn't work. I guess it works again now?

I've always thought, setting aside any cheating issues, that the guy could really coach. He pretty much always gets his kids to play fantastic defense. Down 13 early last night, they easily could have packed it in.