Calipari... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Calipari...

We can agree to disagree but at least you bring some sound logic into the equation. But, back to Miller. I just think something was done right by Cal to get him to believe in his role. He improved tremendously and he got drafted. I still think he has some stamp on the development of the players (albeit very talented) getting them ready for the NBA. You won't just make it in the NBA without some understanding of the game in college, imo.

If the dude had a conscience and was more of a stand up guy I think he would be in coach k territory. He knows the game and is a smart dude. The cutting corners, making deals behind the scenes and being impatient is really more a hindrance than a boost. He has as good an understanding of the nba-ncaa dynamic than any other coach with his legal background yet he seems to avoid using it legitimately instead going the back alley route. For all we know it could be paranoia as much as anything. UMass was early in his career and could have molded him into the loophole king he shows as today. Personally he sold himself short.. im sure his being a slimeball plays into that too.

Steve Lappas could have won the NC with that Anthony Davis led team.

Our only championship was led by a guy who is an olympic gold medalist, 7 time NBA All-Star, and NBA scoring champion. Where are you going with this?

Calipari reminds me a lot of Spoelstra. If he wins people say of course he is winning he has the best players. If he loses it's because he is a bad coach. He is in a lose lose situation.

Dude that is recruiting not coaching. You still have to coach to get to a Final 4. TERRIBLE logic.
How is Camby taking money from an agent or Rose's SAT being invalidated after he was cleared recruiting?

If the dude had a conscience and was more of a stand up guy I think he would be in coach k territory. He knows the game and is a smart dude. The cutting corners, making deals behind the scenes and being impatient is really more a hindrance than a boost. He has as good an understanding of the nba-ncaa dynamic than any other coach with his legal background yet he seems to avoid using it legitimately instead going the back alley route. For all we know it could be paranoia as much as anything. UMass was early in his career and could have molded him into the loophole king he shows as today. Personally he sold himself short.. im sure his being a slimeball plays into that too.
Difference between Cal and Coach K, media calls Cal a cheater while K gets a pass. Lazy people form their opinions from what they hear from talking heads and don't care about facts. That's why Cal is called a cheater but no one ever says what he did specifically to cheat. Marcus Camby takes money from an agent, Cal is a sleezeball. Corey Maggette takes money from an agent, no bearing on Coach K. Derrick Rose's SAT is invalidated after his freshman season after he was cleared to play because he allegedly cheated and Cal is scum. Lance Thomas puts $30k down and gets a $100k worth of jewelry, no bearing on Coach K. Cal is friends with Worldwide Wes and he is everything thats wrong with basketball. Coach K is friends with WWW, no bearing. *Boeheim is friends with him too.

So yeah, if only he had a conscience.

How is Camby taking money from an agent or Rose's SAT being invalidated after he was cleared recruiting?

It's not. I lost track of the thread but it reinforces my take that Cal can coach.

Difference between Cal and Coach K, media calls Cal a cheater while K gets a pass. Lazy people form their opinions from what they hear from talking heads and don't care about facts. That's why Cal is called a cheater but no one ever says what he did specifically to cheat. Marcus Camby takes money from an agent, Cal is a sleezeball. Corey Maggette takes money from an agent, no bearing on Coach K. Derrick Rose's SAT is invalidated after his freshman season after he was cleared to play because he allegedly cheated and Cal is scum. Lance Thomas puts $30k down and gets a $100k worth of jewelry, no bearing on Coach K. Cal is friends with Worldwide Wes and he is everything thats wrong with basketball. Coach K is friends with WWW, no bearing. *Boeheim is friends with him too.

So yeah, if only he had a conscience.

So my opinions are from the media and not experience? Is that what you are laying claim to??

Yeah, I have to say after watching the games this weekend, I think Calipari is a very good coach. He may be a slimeball off the court, and I have no doubt he is, but he gets his players to play really well, together. I watched MSU's squad yelling at each other all game long when things were rough, and I love Izzo as a coach. But Cal's kids stuck together and played as a unit, and considering the fact they are all highly recruited kids, that's really tough to do in this day and age of prima donnas.

Cal is a good coach in the same sense Iran is a good country. If you consider that he uses a gimmick to recruit the best players in America to spend a year at UK before moving on to the NBA good coaching, then he is the very best.

My problem is, that is not what CBB is supposed to be all about. If you could care less about the term "student athlete" then he is the best coach on the planet. He successfully used his gimmick to lure FIVE McDonald All Americans that have single digit RSCI (Google it) plus a sixth single digit RSCI player left over from last years team.

When you have players of this caliber and you fail to win the NC, you are a bad, bad coach. No other team in the USA has close to the talent UK has which is entirely NBA talent.