Call me crazy but... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Call me crazy but...

I agree, I like watching this team. And, as long as they have Syracuse (or Orange or whatever) on their chest, I am all in.
Me too I like watching except when they jack up 20+ threes and make less than a third. Except when Gurrier fouls every 3 minutes and/or jacks up ANY 3 pt shot. Except when Buddy and Joe play 75 minutes a game. Except when Broswell doesn't see a minute. Other than that I love watching

Despite our 6-5 record, I've actually really enjoyed watching this team this season. I really suspended my expectations after the Virginia game and recognized that we're probably a year away. That being said, you can see glimpses of what this team could eventually be, and it's pretty fun to see.

I think we'll win some games we shouldn't this year, we've already lost a bunch we probably shouldn't have as well. But we play hard, and I can't wait to see this team mature as it goes through the season. We could be a late bloomer that makes some late noise, or we could finish at 16-15.

Join my cult, suspend expectations, and just enjoy the ride... Why not?
I agree, I do enjoy watching this team. I like the players. I'm still not sure we are good enough or talented enough to improve enough to reach the levels expected of Syracuse teams in the next couple years. What will be interesting is when Jalen comes back can he become a spark off the bench and become the 3rd guard allowing JG3 and Buddy some rest. And bringing a level of athleticism neither of those have.

Me too I like watching except when they jack up 20+ threes and make less than a third. Except when Gurrier fouls every 3 minutes and/or jacks up ANY 3 pt shot. Except when Buddy and Joe play 75 minutes a game. Except when Broswell doesn't see a minute. Other than that I love watching
Well, sometimes it’s more fun to watch than others. When I find myself getting frustrated, I think about real world problems and then I am just grateful for a couple hours of escape.

Despite our 6-5 record, I've actually really enjoyed watching this team this season. I really suspended my expectations after the Virginia game and recognized that we're probably a year away. That being said, you can see glimpses of what this team could eventually be, and it's pretty fun to see.

I think we'll win some games we shouldn't this year, we've already lost a bunch we probably shouldn't have as well. But we play hard, and I can't wait to see this team mature as it goes through the season. We could be a late bloomer that makes some late noise, or we could finish at 16-15.

Good for you, but I just can't feel the same way. The way this teams plays is so boring and we're so unathletic that it makes it even less appealing.

We don't have anybody that can drive or create any 'wow' plays, so we're reliant on 3-point shooting. It's not aesthetically pleasing, especially when the shots don't fall. Occasionally we'll get a nice Hughes jam, but nothing that makes this offense all that watchable or fun. This rendition of the 2-3 is hardly a good watch either. It's not like in years past where we'd trap a lot or block a lot of shots. It's a bad defense this year that gets outrebounded more often than not.

Of course, I'm saddened by the state of the program, so that makes harder to view with a lens of joy.

I’d be so much happier if I believed the team was working towards something. But I can’t get there.

Don’t believe they are/will be good enough to make a Tournament Run (if even got in!) this season.

And there’s no “building towards next year’s awesome team” either, since:

1.) I believe our best player will just leave again (Hughes), and, most importantly,
2.) No real impressive talent coming to save us next year. That’s the thing that depresses me most I think. Other years I’d be so excited for a Fab, or MCW, etc. But now...not so much.

Really makes it hard to get excited about any incremental progress this year

Style wise this is the best team to watch since 2012. Talent wise this is the worst team in my lifetime.

I'm not following the style love. I totally get that the defense first, glacially paced, iso-ball style of the past several years was hideous. However, I'm not finding the pass-it-around-the-perimeter-and-chuck-while-also-playing-no-discernable-defense style all that much more appealing, to be honest.

I'm not following the style love. I totally get that the defense first, glacially paced, iso-ball style of the past several years was hideous. However, I'm not finding the pass-it-around-the-perimeter-and-chuck-while-also-playing-no-discernable-defense style all that much more appealing, to be honest.
True, but ball movement and off-the-ball movement are both improved. I think it's a statement of previous seasons that some (including myself) see this as being more entertaining.

it is nice seeing passing and points. We almost look like a team.

But you are also right that vs any decent team we are stuck swinging it around the outside and then chucking a three. Unfortunately we do not have anyone who can drive to the basket and also do not have anyone to pass it to inside. I think that is more a limitation of talent than a style issue. You can say the same about the defense. It isn’t a lack of effort but talent.

Much more aesthetically pleasing on offense. The assist is back and three of the regulars are confident and potentially deadly three point shooters. Defensively we're a train wreck.

Well, sometimes it’s more fun to watch than others. When I find myself getting frustrated, I think about real world problems and then I am just grateful for a couple hours of escape.

I know, right? Not sure why the heck people threw up so much on the 'ol coach Shafer after his ISIS comments. I mean, he's human after all...and he was just putting things in perspective as are you. ;):)

Just don't breath in the wrong direction because he seems to fall backwards about 5 feet when that happens. I sure hope he can put on weight and get a hell of a lot stronger. His skills look to be pretty damned good.
I think he will. I'm willing to live with his game as a weakling in the meantime.

It is things like watching Edwards play that give some hope. I've said that if we can get some meaningful time from him halfway through the ACC schedule we might be able to win a couple extra games we wouldn't have otherwise.
Each game he plays, we get a small glimpse of the talent he has. Savior, No? Make us have a semblance of a decent big man, Yes!

It is things like watching Edwards play that give some hope. I've said that if we can get some meaningful time from him halfway through the ACC schedule we might be able to win a couple extra games we wouldn't have otherwise.
Each game he plays, we get a small glimpse of the talent he has. Savior, No? Make us have a semblance of a decent big man, Yes!
I'm really starting to fall for this Edwards guy.

Attachments

• 1579752737841.png
    1579752737841.png
    113.7 KB · Views: 91

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online