cam macpherson | Syracusefan.com

cam macpherson

just looked it up, he is a sr.

Could see him as a walk on. Possible TE material.

Very possible. But I'm also hearing he could be Ivy League bound too. Like Hamblin from CBA who went to Harvard last year, He's a very, very intelligent kid.

LOL at the feed comment

Wonder if Maine would offer him?

LOL at the feed comment

Wonder if Maine would offer him?
Please anyone but Cuse. Doug just cant be objective when it comes to Macs kids and i dont blame him. Kind of like hiring a family member. Bad idea

Please anyone but Cuse. Doug just cant be objective when it comes to Macs kids and i dont blame him. Kind of like hiring a family member. Bad idea
Yeah, if Marrone brings him here as a walk-on, he will be starting his freshman year. Marrone has no idea.

Hmmm that's disappointing, I thought I heard he was a soph too. I thought he might be a guy that we were keeping close tabs on in case he blew up, in a younger Paulus kind of way... perhaps even to the point of giving Mac the edge at C if nobody was able to clearly beat him out. Guess that theory is dead and buried.

Yeah, if Marrone brings him here as a walk-on, he will be starting his freshman year. Marrone has no idea.

You mean at qb? Over Nassib?

You mean at qb? Over Nassib?

some actually think macky was a starter because he is macs grandkid not because he was the only healthy guy -
so any other mac clan member is a automatic starter-

its only marrones livelyhood ,no way he plays kids who give him the best shot when a mac grandkid is available-

i heard one of macs granddaughters is going to be the starting inside linebacker in 2013

some actually think macky was a starter because he is macs grandkid not because he was the only healthy guy -

its only marrones livelyhood ,no way he plays kids who give him the best shot when a mac grandkid is available-

i heard one of macs granddaughters is going to be the starting inside linebacker in 2013
Yeah, I get it. I was just going along with the post above. I actually saw Cam play this year a couple of times. Qb is not his position imo.

What I found interesting is that Edsall's kid made every away game. You could see him quite often holding the clipboards (and maybe calling in plays?). Did he make the travel squad because of his multiple skills (punting, passing, snapping)?

Finai

i heard one of macs granddaughters is going to be the starting inside linebacker in 201
Yeah, I get it. I was just going along with the post above. I actually saw Cam play this year a couple of times. Qb is not his position imo.

Finally someone who makes sense (albeit with sarcasm). This is Marrone's job. The guy has a family and kids and this is his dream job. Does anyone really think he's going to not play the best guys with all that on the line? And Macky was just a sophomore with room to grow and improve. Give the kid a break!

I'm just going to post this one more time, in bold even, because you are really struggling with the concept.

Ready? Here it is:

Macky MacPherson starts at center because Coach Marrone and the staff feels that he is the best player for the job. He started at center on the first day of spring practice, and never relinquished the job. No injuries to other players had any factor in Macky starting at center.

I'm just going to post this one more time, in bold even, because you are really struggling with the concept.

Ready? Here it is:

Macky MacPherson starts at center because Coach Marrone and the staff feels that he is the best player for the job. He started at center on the first day of spring practice, and never relinquished the job. No injuries to other players had any factor in Macky starting at center.
And that in a nut shell is why many of us question Dougs ability to coach this team.

And that in a nut shell is why many of us question Dougs ability to coach this team.
To add are you really saying that after the FIRST day of SPRING practice Doug had seen enough of every O line to determine that an undersized kid from CNY who could barely hold his own against class B competition and didnt have one other D1 offer was our starting center? Is that what you are saying? Just want to be clear.

To add are you really saying that after the FIRST day of SPRING practice Doug had seen enough of every O line to determine that an undersized kid from CNY who could barely hold his own against class B competition and didnt have one other D1 offer was our starting center? Is that what you are saying? Just want to be clear.
No, he's saying it was Macky's job to lose and no one was a better option. I understand you have nice info sometimes but your personal vendetta against Marrone/Macky/Bailey is really played out.

I'm saying that Macky wasn't the starter due to injuries to other players. If you want to say that this is indicative of Doug's poor coaching, so be it, but that is not what I was responding to. Rosconey just seems absolutely convinced that Doug was forced to play Macky. That isn't the case. Nick Lepak was healthy all year, and had practiced center before. He never played, so obviously Macky beat at least one person out.

No, he's saying it was Macky's job to lose and no one was a better option. I understand you have nice info sometimes but your personal vendetta against Marrone/Macky/Bailey is really played out.
No Borno it isnt a personal vendetta. Im just sick and tired of the constant subjective support of a coach based on personal relationships vs fact

There was a great post about Macpherson's size on this board earlier today. There are a number of posters who assume that he cannot be an effective center because of his weight. To me this is the equivalent of say John Doe cant play WR because we runs a 4.6 forty. Its any easy way for lazy fans to attack a player. Mac had what one bad snap all season. There were almost no under snap exchange problems all season. Ryan was at fault for the one bad shotgun snap. Also I can pretty much guarantee the Cam has no interest in attending Syracuse after the way his family has been treated at the games. I really struggle to understand the attacks on Mac, he might not be the teams best olineman but certainly one of the best five, and better than at least two other starters.

No Borno it isnt a personal vendetta. Im just sick and tired of the constant subjective support of a coach based on personal relationships vs fact

I can say with some certainty that 'borno' has no personal relationship with Coach Marrone. All we need is another coaching scandal...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom