Can' blame Ville if they blame the refs. | Syracusefan.com

Can' blame Ville if they blame the refs.

SBU72

All Conference
Has anybody checked theLouisville board and see how many are blaming the Ref's. Wouldn't blame them if they did. Seems like a lot of calls when SU's way toward the end. could imagine them clamining fouls on MCW on those last 2 plays.

You can always find a reason blame the refs if your team loses, but the bottom line is always that your team didn't do enough to win the game. Games are never decided by one or two plays.

Pitino in his post game presser was sort of blaming the refs at the end of the game.

Has anybody checked theLouisville board and see how many are blaming the Ref's. Wouldn't blame them if they did. Seems like a lot of calls when SU's way toward the end. could imagine them clamining fouls on MCW on those last 2 plays.

That non offensive foul call on Russ Smith that went against us and gave them 2 points could have been pretty costly for us.

I really, really dislike that crew we had today. I certainly felt like we got more fair treatment than what I usually would expect on the road.

Complaining about MCW pushing off seems pretty lame. Russ Smith was all over him and he exaggerated every bit of contact trying to sell the charge.

The ony bad call was the ball off Keita's foot. Other than that, they let both teams play pretty physical, so it was, was it was

Yeah ... some strange calls on both sides.

40 minutes of Smith slapping and bumping MCW every time he touched the ball drove me nuts. Especially in the open floor bringing the ball up. Then MCW does the same thing to him in the half court and gets called ... good lord. Smith could have been whistled for 20 fouls today.

Complaining about MCW pushing off seems pretty lame. Russ Smith was all over him and he exaggerated every bit of contact trying to sell the charge.
Russ Smith, twice in a row, just put his head down and bullrushed into MCW's chest making no attempt to play anything resembling basketball ... and got both calls. Anyone complaining about that call should really .

Yeah come on. Russ Smith could have been called for 30 fouls today. Plus they called ticky-tack stuff on us in the paint all first half. The refs were terrible and were inconsistent though, that is true. In the end it probably gave no real advantage to either team. I do agree the ball was out off Baye on that one play though. But after 400 fouls called on us vs OSU last year, the refs completely jobbing us by messing up the back-court call on Scoop with the Marquette game on the line in the tourney the year before, and the un-called suplex with the game on the line the year before against Butler - I'll sleep just fine tonight getting an out of bounds call in our favor during a January road game.

Dyou have any idea how many here would be blaming the refs if they had won? It was horribly reffed on both sides. Consistently terrible.
And that I can agree with. Bad calls both ways. Of course the loser will see the ones that could have cost them.

That's just tough sheet because calls went both ways. Dieng fouled mcw at the end when he dunked and there was no call. I'm not exactly sure what calls went against ville at the end, they flat out fuking choked

They can complain about the refs all they want, but I seem to remember Brandon and cj getting hammered going to the basket and us not getting the call. It went both ways.

I really think when you put two sets of guys out there with the amazing athleticism of these guys, no 3 old farts are even going to comprehend what's going on out there. The ballplayers have gotten better and more athletic, with slicker moves.....Syracuse's big men push off regularly - Smith bodies the crap out of guards - and some of that is just Big East hoops - but a lot of the stuff gets missed and bogus crap gets called.

You must have missed the game... I can count 2 obvious travels on them that weren't called.

And they called every single touch foul on us... They had to earn their fouls.

I really think when you put two sets of guys out there with the amazing athleticism of these guys, no 3 old farts are even going to comprehend what's going on out there. The ballplayers have gotten better and more athletic, with slicker moves.....Syracuse's big men push off regularly - Smith bodies the crap out of guards - and some of that is just Big East hoops - but a lot of the stuff gets missed and bogus crap gets called.
Before the game, the guys on your board didn't want us to use the excuse that our second leading scorer didn't play. I guess complaining about the refs is okay though.

Travel on Siva not called, 3 second lane violation on LVille player in the paint for ten seconds not called. I'm sure there were equally bad calls/no calls for SU. As someone said, bad both ways.

Travel on Siva not called, 3 second lane violation on LVille player in the paint for ten seconds not called. I'm sure there were equally bad calls/no calls for SU. As someone said, bad both ways.

Yeah. Think of how the Villanova game was officiated, with a bunch of anticipatory whistles and bail out calls, touch fouls being called 35 feet from the basket, etc. I'd much rather have a game like how today's was officiated.

Today's game may have had a few bad each way, but they let them play for the most part without letting this turn into a Pitt-esque rock fight. No issue with the refs today.

What about the obvious travel on the possession when they got about six straight offensive rebounds? I don't see how either of the steals MCW had at the end could be fouls. The one he cut right into the passing land and if anything he got fouled when he was dunking. The last one he just went and took the ball right away from Deng (sp?). I thought the game was fairly consistently reffed both ways. Some missed calls here or there but to blame the officials either way seems like people are just babies. Looks like we "own" the commonwealth the last two years.

I was just saying the same exact thing to my kid. I'm mid 40s and there is no way I could have kept with those kids today, and I still play hoops a couple times a week minimum.

There was one play however, where Siva passed the ball to Dieng in the paint, Dieng passed it along, there were 4 more passes around the court, and Dieng NEVER left the paint.

I did think the calls were pretty bad all around but we ended up getting a couple that I don't think many would expect for a road game.

Eh, counted enough 3 second violations on UL that were never called. This game was a war. The stripes let it play out.

You must have missed the game... I can count 2 obvious travels on them that weren't called.

And they called every single touch foul on us... They had to earn their fouls.

Every single huh? Hyperbole much?

Every single huh? Hyperbole much?

Good post bud.

I think you got the point I was making and youre going to nitpick an hour after we beat the #1 team in the country. Cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom