Can' blame Ville if they blame the refs. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Can' blame Ville if they blame the refs.

Just heard clips from the Pitino post-game presser on TV, he actually did complain about not getting some calls down the stretch.

Hmmm...surprised. Usually don't see coaches take that tact. Makes him sound like a sore loser.

Eh, counted enough 3 second violations on UL that were never called. This game was a war. The stripes let it play out.

I saw 1 time that their big white guy was in the lane for 6 seconds and they called a foul on us!

Not to mention the MCW dunk where he landed on his face. Lol. Unreal.

Good post bud.

I think you got the point I was making and youre going to nitpick an hour after we beat the #1 team in the country. Cool.

No, I actually didn't get the point you were making, at all.

Perhaps the biggest play of the game was the blown call off Keita leading to our three. In a 40 minute game there are questionable fouls that go against both teams. To say they called every touch foul just isn't accurate. Just pointing that out. Not trying to flame.

When both teams think the refs screwed them on calls , it most probably was a fairly reffed game. If we had lost - we'd be complaining about their guards pushing bumping constantly, the 3 second and non -travelling calls. Like with most fans it's all about perspective. Both teams had 20 free throws , SU had 2 players with 4 fouls, Louisville only had one player with 4 fouls. Fans just seem to need something to complain about regardless what school.

When both teams think the refs screwed them on calls , it most probably was a fairly equally poorly reffed game.

Fixed it for you, irregardless of the grammar.

No, I actually didn't get the point you were making, at all.

Perhaps the biggest play of the game was the blown call off Keita leading to our three. In a 40 minute game there are questionable fouls that go against both teams. To say they called every touch foul just isn't accurate. Just pointing that out. Not trying to flame.

Your post certainly seemed like you were trying to flame.

The call on Keita was horrible. But that is 1. I can name 3 that were just as bad. The 2 travels and the 3 seconds that all led to Lville points.

And the MCW non foul was easily the worst (non)call of the game.

When both teams think the refs screwed them on calls , it most probably was a fairly reffed game. If we had lost - we'd be complaining about their guards pushing bumping constantly, the 3 second and non -travelling calls. Like with most fans it's all about perspective. Both teams had 20 free throws , SU had 2 players with 4 fouls, Louisville only had one player with 4 fouls. Fans just seem to need something to complain about regardless what school.

Rational post of then day

I hope fans of both teams realize that blaming the refs is a bush league move. You know, like something UConn fans would do.

Your post certainly seemed like you were trying to flame.

The call on Keita was horrible. But that is 1. I can name 3 that were just as bad. The 2 travels and the 3 seconds that all led to Lville points.

And the MCW non foul was easily the worst (non)call of the game.

Giving a dose of reality=flaming?

Anyway. Agreed on the travels. But again, goes both ways. It's a long, physical game, and reffing them isn't nearly as easy as many here make it out to be.

That non offensive foul call on Russ Smith that went against us and gave them 2 points could have been pretty costly for us.

I really, really dislike that crew we had today. I certainly felt like we got more fair treatment than what I usually would expect on the road.

I think some calls went our way. No question about that. But...I like the way the refs let this game get physical without taking away from it. Battling and playing cheap are two different things.

Like the MCW play at the end...I was screaming for a foul, but it was a physical game and I get it.

44cuse

Mcw was hammered on his game winning dunk, and I mean flat out hammered where he fell hard on the floor.

My tiny violin is playing hard for Ricky and Lville fans.

I hope fans of both teams realize that blaming the refs is a bush league move. You know, like something UConn fans would do.

Just when I'm about to make an irrational post like a uconn fan, I think to myself, what would Marsh do?

I think some calls went our way. No question about that. But...I like the way the refs let this game get physical without taking away from it. Battling and playing cheap are two different things.

Like the MCW play at the end...I was screaming for a foul, but it was a physical game and I get it.

44cuse

True--we did get some calls. But so did Louisville [that Russ Smith non-travel and the non-foul on the dunk were two big ones that would have really helped us].

Overall, it wasn't a zebra performance that advantaged either team, at the end of the day.

Mcw was hammered on his game winning dunk, and I mean flat out hammered where he fell hard on the floor.

My tiny violin is playing hard for Ricky and Lville fans.
Bilas and even Digger both admitted MCW got hacked on that play.

I thought the last time we lost to Pitt in the Dome was a little aggravating in that there weren't many egregious calls that went against us, but it just seemed like none of the typical close "home court college basketball" calls went our way. I can see how L'ville would feel the same way after this game but to go so far as to say they got hosed is obviously nonsense. The non-travelling, Smith-MCW collission & MCW dunk all in the last few minutes had to have come pretty darn close to evening out any advantage we had before then...no clue why op would specify the calls happening in our favor "towards the end".

The smith travel on the possession that ultimately resulted in siva dishing the ball for a layup (the ten minute possession) was easily the worst call of the game. I can see how a ref might blow a call as to who the ball hit off last, wit three bodies tangled..but that travel occurred in unobstructed view..at least two full steps without a dribble...it was as if the refs decided louisville was going to score that possession

True--we did get some calls. But so did Louisville [that Russ Smith non-travel and the non-foul on the dunk were two big ones that would have really helped us].

Overall, it wasn't a zebra performance that advantaged either team, at the end of the day.

Exactly. The ball off the foot out of bounds was a bad call. But the non-calls were, IMO, good non-calls.

44cuse

Louisville gets away with hand checking which is absolutely a foul. Their "great" defense consists of fouling so much that the refs can't call them all.

Ironically - and I won't add more to this non-controversy - even Pitino said it was a hell of a game and one where Louisville simply messed up at the end and Syracuse did not. No matter the calls - and I always use Jim Burr as my icon for older guys who guess out there at these supreme athletes playing the game at unbelievably high levels - it was a result both teams can live with because either team would have deserved the win, had they performed at crunch time. Louisville fans were taking issue - where I post - with other fans pissing and moaning about the refs. Bottom line, it was a hell of a game. I can live with that.

Makes him sound like a sore loser.

In fairness to him, a waitress gave him herpes yesterday afternoon. Sore loser indeed.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

The missed travel call on Siva at the 2:30 mark - which ultimately allowed them to tie the game at 66 - was pretty bad.

Not necessarily a fair comparision, the # of players with4 fouls. In this cae, it probably due that SU really only played 6 guys any meaningful minutes. Without looking at the box score, would say UL probably played more.

Has anybody checked theLouisville board and see how many are blaming the Ref's. Wouldn't blame them if they did. Seems like a lot of calls when SU's way toward the end. could imagine them clamining fouls on MCW on those last 2 plays.
cry a river cry babies. 3 in a row has to hurt. But with the bogus push off on BMK, and the overlooked shoulder drops of Russ herky-jerky Smith, they are ignoring the obvious. Siva can't throw it in the ocean not as a result of fouls, but because he sucks, and Behanan is spending too much time believing his press clippings. He looked soft and disinterested, that's where their criticism should go.

cry_baby.png

F Slick Rick, and F Loserville. C U in the Dome

Anyone have a link to Pitino's post game press conference? I can't find it. Thanks.

I thought the game was very well officiated.

I disagree... it was inconsistent at best.

The refs let them play to a large degree (particularly where contact was made on drives to the basket in the paint)

But then there were a few ticky-tack calls that fell outside that mantra as well as a few whistle blows prior to the foul being committed... I hate that... To the refs credit, fouls did occur but I still hate that "A foul is about to happen so I'm going to blow it early..." anticipation BS... Do refs think that makes them look cool? I don't get it...

Louisville has some gripe no-calls near the end... we had some throughout the game... When you lose like that at home, you tend to only see your own bad calls... nature of the fan...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom