Can somebody explain to me how it makes ANY sense | Syracusefan.com

Can somebody explain to me how it makes ANY sense

Dcuse

All Conference
at all to play a football season in the spring??? Will it be played in spring from now on? How can you possibly play fall football next year if you just played in the spring? If the season is cancelled,it has to be cancelled until fall 2021.

Every team plays 8 conference games.
4 home games 4 road games.

Training camp in February.

Season starts March 13.

Play March 13, 20, 27
April 3, 10, 17, 24
May 1.

Conference championship games May 8.

4 team playoff May 22
National Championship game May 31 Memorial Day Monday

As a fan I honestly have zero interest in spring football season. Just bite the bullet...call it a lost season and stay on the regular time line. I have no interest in my season tickets I have paid for already being used in some sort of spring time attempt either.

Wait did SU announce this?

NO.
ERT.gif

MAC season has been cancelled and it sounds like the Big 10 may be next.

You could do a spring to fall turn around. Obviously there is no spring practice. It would be on S&C conditioning departments to focus on recovery rather than all out gains in the shortened off season. You start a little later the next fall.

It wouldn't be ideal, but that's how things work. You do the best you can with what you've been given and recognize it's better than nothing at all. That's probably a good life lesson.

Last edited:
If college football isn't played this fall, it won't be moved to the Spring. Too many players will Opt Out, you have TV networks juggling college basketball and college football it will be too much, you have pressure from the NFL/agents probably telling kids if you play and don't do pro days or a combine your draft stock will plummet. It will be utter chaos.

Either they play this fall or we don't see football till next year this time

If college football isn't played this fall, it won't be moved to the Spring. Too many players will Opt Out, you have TV networks juggling college basketball and college football it will be too much, you have pressure from the NFL/agents probably telling kids if you play and don't do pro days or a combine your draft stock will plummet. It will be utter chaos.

Either they play this fall or we don't see football till next year this time

ESPN will televise a lot of spring scrimmages, then.

I guess my question about spring would be what people think will be different at that point. We know what happens in spring, we don’t know what happens in fall. Are we pinning our hopes on March and April of 2021, as if March and April 2020 never happened?

As a fan I honestly have zero interest in spring football season. Just bite the bullet...call it a lost season and stay on the regular time line. I have no interest in my season tickets I have paid for already being used in some sort of spring time attempt either.
Lmao okay bud, relax I for one would love an 8 game season. Better than usual spring football, you getting upset about this is funny to me. Side
Note college basketball ain’t happening if football doesn’t

I guess my question about spring would be what people think will be different at that point. We know what happens in spring, we don’t know what happens in fall. Are we pinning our hopes on March and April of 2021, as if March and April 2020 never happened?
Agree. I think September 2020 and March/April 2021 will look very much the same in regards to this Virus and what our country looks like. And NOT to make this political but if one side wins, nothing will change. If the other side wins they won't be able to change much in 2-3 months once they take over and turn things around that quickly in regards to the virus. Combine that with the other challenges and I just don't see it as viable.

ESPN will televise a lot of spring scrimmages, then.
Protect the schools $$$. Make those "exhibition" games against other teams, where they try to win, and we want to watch. Find a way to make it count. (and perhaps adopt this model for future spring football) Protect the QB.

As spring is for development, add 2 Q's for the "JV" players. Keep Vegas/TV happy(full game) Keep program development/die hard happy, with a JV portion.

The $$$ the XFL/AAF have been looking for, could be realized by college football-even if its only a 4 game exhibition.

Lmao okay bud, relax I for one would love an 8 game season. Better than usual spring football, you getting upset about this is funny to me. Side
Note college basketball ain’t happening if football doesn’t
Thanks bud...not upset about this at all. This thread teed up the spring season question and crazy enough I shared my opinion on it. Glad it brought a smile to you though chief. If you want to enjoy a spring college football season then by all means enjoy it. I for one don't want a season in the spring that would likely be shortened, will have a slew of players likely opting out and potentially jamming up the Fall season 4 months later. If that floats your boat though, then more power to ya.

Thanks bud...not upset about this at all. This thread teed up the spring season question and crazy enough I shared my opinion on it. Glad it brought a smile to you though chief. If you want to enjoy a spring college football season then by all means enjoy it. I for one don't want a season in the spring that would likely be shortened, will have a slew of players likely opting out and potentially jamming up the Fall season 4 months later. If that floats your boat though, then more power to ya.
He hearts SU football though.

Play March-May. 4 months off. Play October-Jan. Spring 2022 back to normal schedule.

Makes perfect sense to me
Sounds like you never played football. You need 7-8 months off to recover from a football season...not 4. This is not disputable.

at all to play a football season in the spring??? Will it be played in spring from now on? How can you possibly play fall football next year if you just played in the spring? If the season is cancelled,it has to be cancelled until fall 2021.

They should skip the season. Spring idea is dumb. And who’s to say anyone will feel safer in the spring.

The last and largest trial phases for a vaccine will be completed by the fall and we will know if the candidates are safe and effective.

That is kind of a game changer with this virus.

That is what will be different.