Can somebody please start a Fire and Fck Bud card | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Can somebody please start a Fire and Fck Bud card

My letter to Bud that I just sent.

Mr Poloquin, there was a time, it seemed, when there was honor in your profession. A time when a man would write about another man, and not bring his wife in to the conversation. After reading your column (if you have the nerve to call it that) today, I can see that the time when a man acted like a man and wrote like a man has indeed passed us by. From your own words, Missy Shafer wasn't talking to you. She was talking to someone else. But, like the small man that you are , you stole her words and used them to get some cheap clicks for your column. I can't help but think that life must be terrible for you. A small man doing a small job. No real talent or skills. The Post Standard has some excellent beat reporters. You don't have the talent to be a beat reporter. Don't have the brains or the skills to be a real columnist. It must have killed you do read someone like Sean Kirst, knowing that the folks would read him and see the difference. So, what do you do? You do what any cheap hack does. You take one cheap shot after another. It's funny because as poorly as Coach Shafer did, he was still better at his job than you are at yours.
I'm reminded of another small man. This man, like yourself, a bully. And like every bully I have ever known, at his core a coward. And finally one day, a man, a Boston lawyer named Joseph N Welch, put this small man in his place in front of the entire country. His words ring true today for you as well. He said, at long last sir, have you no sense of decency? It's too bad that question was answered long ago in your case. I look forward to the day they send you packing.
Like x10,000. Well written. Kudos on you for holding back how you really feel.

Apparently you don't like Poliquin or his work, but you're a smart guy. You couldn't criticize his work without stooping to an ad hominem attack?
I didn't look at it like it was a ad hominem attack. I thought truth was an absolute defense. You will be interested in knowing that Bud wrote me back and invited me to lunch. I have no desire to have lunch with the guy. I just don't think he would be interesting. He gave his side. I wrote him back and gave mine.

I'm okay with firing him, but I want no part of doing that second F to him, thankyouverymuch.

No comment on the content of the column, as I have not read one piece written in the paper or posted on the website by any reporter or columnist since I opted to take the buyout, but I am 99 percent certain, knowing Bud's style quite well, that the dweeb he is referencing is none other than Bud himself.

No comment on the content of the column, as I have not read one piece written in the paper or posted on the website by any reporter or columnist since I opted to take the buyout, but I am 99 percent certain, knowing Bud's style quite well, that the dweeb he is referencing is none other than Bud himself.
We Miss you, Dave!

Don't get me started on Bud. I feel he is the biggest anti recruiting scheme other teams have against us. They, on his staff will say that they are only being objectionable in their reporting but time and time again they bury SU any time they can. Here is a classy guy, classy family and the Post seems to feel the need to kick them when they are down. Urrrggghhh! I don't care who you bring in at the helm in the future, unless you get rid of that rag reporters (my opinion) they will never win over the community. Repeatedly they rip down people at SU, why do you think Jim is so short with them, he's just to good and big for them to have an effect, though they try with putting gas on the investigation.

I fully believe that HCSS in part was ripped down by this paper they call the "Post" and the reason the community abandoned this team, this staff. The paper can be powerful, unfortunately ours, is a powerful enemy. Bud is the leader.

Post of the year. Your work is greatly missed Dave, here in this whizbang humble burg.

Last edited:
My letter to Bud that I just sent.

Mr Poloquin, there was a time, it seemed, when there was honor in your profession. A time when a man would write about another man, and not bring his wife in to the conversation. After reading your column (if you have the nerve to call it that) today, I can see that the time when a man acted like a man and wrote like a man has indeed passed us by. From your own words, Missy Shafer wasn't talking to you. She was talking to someone else. But, like the small man that you are , you stole her words and used them to get some cheap clicks for your column. I can't help but think that life must be terrible for you. A small man doing a small job. No real talent or skills. The Post Standard has some excellent beat reporters. You don't have the talent to be a beat reporter. Don't have the brains or the skills to be a real columnist. It must have killed you do read someone like Sean Kirst, knowing that the folks would read him and see the difference. So, what do you do? You do what any cheap hack does. You take one cheap shot after another. It's funny because as poorly as Coach Shafer did, he was still better at his job than you are at yours.
I'm reminded of another small man. This man, like yourself, a bully. And like every bully I have ever known, at his core a coward. And finally one day, a man, a Boston lawyer named Joseph N Welch, put this small man in his place in front of the entire country. His words ring true today for you as well. He said, at long last sir, have you no sense of decency? It's too bad that question was answered long ago in your case. I look forward to the day they send you packing.

Great note, Dash.

Spot on. He's been terrible for as long as I can remember, but has somehow managed to get worse in recent years. Today's column was an embarrassment to his publication.

Great note, Dash.

Spot on. He's been terrible for as long as I can remember, but has somehow managed to get worse in recent years. Today's column was an embarrassment to his publication.
RD, we have been going back and forth since.

That's what I figured.

I didn't look at it like it was a ad hominem attack. I thought truth was an absolute defense. You will be interested in knowing that Bud wrote me back and invited me to lunch. I have no desire to have lunch with the guy. I just don't think he would be interesting. He gave his side. I wrote him back and gave mine.
I would have roasted the guy if he responded to me. That article was beyond a joke. The fact the PS editor didn't say maybe you should reconsider this one speaks volume to that newspaper's decency.

No. But it a very interesting exchange.

Since you are not bound by professional ethics, or even common decency ( he isn't either, apparently), would you care to share?;)

Since you are not bound by professional ethics, or even common decency ( he isn't either, apparently), would you care to share?;)
I would be they are rather long. And I am bound by common decency. I don't think I have said anything that goes beyond the line. I think there is a difference between tough and indecent.

I would be they are rather long. And I am bound by common decency. I don't think I have said anything that goes beyond the line. I think there is a difference between tough and indecent.

Meant no offense to you, my intent was directed at him.

Two things to remember if the Bud is close. First and foremost do not turn your back to him. Second make sure that the man child is at home in bed.