Can the Orange get out of September 3-2 ? | Syracusefan.com

Can the Orange get out of September 3-2 ?

CaliCuse

All American
It would be a wildly successful month if they can pull that off. Needing only three more the rest of the way. I don't think there is anyone thinking we can pull one out in NJ against the Trojans. It would be memorable for damn sure. Monumental maybe even. I'm figuring mybe we catch North western by surprise in the Dome and Stoney brook not a real challenge then its a game at Minnesota which is tough but winnable. We can do it if the right team shows up on the field. You know the one which doesn't lose the game in the first half.

Well no but only because we only play 4 games in September.

3-1 sounds about right though. We're going to be better this year Cali, have faith!
Yeah,got the number of games dyslexic in viewing. Not the first or last time. I do think we they will be better. I'm thinking a big season for Ryan behind center. Sales maybe his magic man for the whole season. Its going to be someone in the WR corp to jump out and surprise. Whether its Sales Lemon or Hale, I don't know . We will also need a RB to shine .Devante or Geoge would be great. I'd laugh a ton if it was AAM considering the negative views on him. I don't care who it is. Just as long as someone steps up wearing orange.

Yeah,got the number of games dyslexic in viewing. Not the first or last time. I do think we they will be better. I'm thinking a big season for Ryan behind center. Sales maybe his magic man for the whole season. Its going to be someone in the WR corp to jump out and surprise. Whether its Sales Lemon or Hale, I don't know . We will also need a RB to shine .Devante or Geoge would be great. I'd laugh a ton if it was AAM considering the negative views on him. I don't care who it is. Just as long as someone steps up wearing orange.

What about the two starting running backs, Jerome Smith and Prince-Tyson Gulley? It's doubtful anyone you just listed gets more than 3 or 4 carries per game.

Cuse 31 NW 24 Cuse 48 USC 13 Cuse 47 Stony B 10 Cuse 24 Minny 21

I'm not sold that we will lose to USC but they'll score more than 13 points on us. The thing that will surprise most folks, is that we will score a fair amount against them as well.

What about the two starting running backs, Jerome Smith and Prince-Tyson Gulley? It's doubtful anyone you just listed gets more than 3 or 4 carries per game.

I agree but it's certainly possible at the running back position for a true frosh to come in and earn the starting spot.

I like the optimism, I just don't see a way we hang around all day with USC right now. I like the chances against each Big Ten school, though.

From the sound/look of Smith this spring, I'd be shocked if he didn't match Bailey's numbers.

I love that USC is early as we have no depth and will still be fresh. Who knows it is a very long shot but anything could happen in that game. The two big ten games are complete toss ups meaning i think we split. SB we should kill regardless of what everyone says we should beat them by 20 or more. 2-2 is my guess but it could be anything from 4-0 to 1-3

I agree but it's certainly possible at the running back position for a true frosh to come in and earn the starting spot.
I think there's less than a 5% chance of that happening. Jerome was fantastic in the Pitt game and all through the spring. He's going to have a great season for us. PTG was very good as a change of pace back until his injury. I think a full offseason under his belt with no off the field issues will do wonders. I think Morris would be the only guy that has a shot to play besides those two and I don't think he could unseat either.

While RB is the easiest position (besides maybe WR/CB) for a freshman to step in and play, I think pass protection in our system is very important and we saw AAM struggle greatly with this which cemented him to the bench. For a true frosh to come in and pick up the blocking schemes as well as the offense will take more time. Morris/McFarlane should redshirt IMO.

I like the optimism, I just don't see a way we hang around all day with USC right now. I like the chances against each Big Ten school, though.

What's the U$C defense look like? Their offense is loaded obviously but that's a log trip cross country for them.

I think there's less than a 5% chance of that happening. Jerome was fantastic in the Pitt game and all through the spring. He's going to have a great season for us. PTG was very good as a change of pace back until his injury. I think a full offseason under his belt with no off the field issues will do wonders. I think Morris would be the only guy that has a shot to play besides those two and I don't think he could unseat either.

While RB is the easiest position (besides maybe WR/CB) for a freshman to step in and play, I think pass protection in our system is very important and we saw AAM struggle greatly with this which cemented him to the bench. For a true frosh to come in and pick up the blocking schemes as well as the offense will take more time. Morris/McFarlane should redshirt IMO.

I said I agreed with you but if there's a position that a freshman could step in this year it's at RB. Either of those kids have the ability to come in and run wild. As incoming prospects they both look better than the 3 ahead of them did at the same stage. If that were to happen - that they came into camp and ran wild, then it would obviously boil down to blocking and mastery of the playbook.

Do I believe either of them will start at any point during the year? no I don't but I do believe one of them is going to play. Probably in the mold of Ali Culpepper who got carries as a true freshman playing behind Dee Brown, Kyle McIntosh and Rob Konrad. The 3/4 backs in front of Morris/McFarlene aren't so good that they've got a lock on who plays either.

Minnesota and Northwestern are the swing games--and might determine the fate of our season / bowl eligibility. If we can win those two, we are positioned well. Stub our toe in either, and the road gets a lot tougher. Lose both...

i just want to get out of that game healthy and not be embarrassed by the game or attendance

Minnesota and Northwestern are the swing games--and might determine the fate of our season / bowl eligibility. If we can win those two, we are positioned well. Stub our toe in either, and the road gets a lot tougher. Lose both...
Not to be over dramatic but the Northwestern game could be one of the biggest in the Marrone era. A loss in the first game means team would have to beat Minn on the road and probably win four BE games to make a bowl.

Not to be over dramatic but the Northwestern game could be one of the biggest in the Marrone era. A loss in the first game means team would have to beat Minn on the road and probably win four BE games to make a bowl.

I agree. I hate thinking that so much hinges on one game, but it would not only put is on our heels going into the USC game, it would mean that the losing streak continues, which isn't the headline we want to be reading about when we need to get to a bowl game this year.

I'm hoping we can beat NW and then just keep it close for USC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom