Can we finally all admit Hackett is not the answer. | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Can we finally all admit Hackett is not the answer.

I don't mean to be flippant - really.

But tell us more about your football background - upon what credentials do you rely in describing our coaches as "s" in terms of their player personnel decisions.

And while you're at it, tells us the last time we had a player even remotely in the talent category of Percy Harvin.

What are your credentials? Can I have your background? This team just snapped a 9 game losing streak to Div 1 opponents are you serious that we as fans and observes cant see when things simply arent working.

They offered him a chance to succeed regardless of money... Therefore, if Syracuse wants a big hire or the hot coordinator they will have to pay more than the next guy because we are sverely limited in many areas. Facilities, recruiting territory, rigid standards with administration. Holgorsen had a bit of checkered past so not the best example.

Coaches don't want to come to Syracuse, those with options that is. Dana was haired as an oc hciw for over a million I believe1.2?
Recruiting territory is pure BS! Once we go to the ACC the facilities will be markedly upgraded.

What are your credentials? Can I have your background? This team just snapped a 9 game losing streak to Div 1 opponents are you serious that we as fans and observes cant see when things simply arent working.
We were putting up 4-600 yds/game for the first 3 games so as fans we did see a lot of improvement.

I think maybe we should concentrate on getting big, strong and very fast WRs and breakaway RBs and some additional OL and a QB who is athletic and can make the defense pay for rushing with abandon.

Maybe I'm wrong but your posts seem intent on focusing attention on play calling and yet you - and I - have no basis for knowing why a certain play was called in a certain situation.

You - and I - do not watch film, have never coached major college football, have never developed or even read a game plan and do not see or understand what is actually happening during the game - at least from a professional knowledge base.

Do you think that since NW or USC teams have studied Ryan and now know his strengths and weaknesses? Do you think teams have studied the talent level of our WRs or TEs or RBs?

Enough already with the "play calling" arguments - they really are hackneyed.

Most of that is true but, we have seen with our own eyes what Nassib is good at and not so good at. He's not shown to be good in a game at throwing fade type routes, especially to short receivers. So why put him in that spot? If we had a 6'4 kid that was ready, maybe you throw it up as a jump ball.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Recruiting territory is pure BS! Once we go to the ACC the facilities will be markedly upgraded.

In what way? How long until they are? We heard about a practice facility but that has been scrapped for now. Will SU use its own money? How many years of ACC money before we see changes?

Btw, facilities do not mean auto wins.

We were putting up 4-600 yds/game for the first 3 games so as fans we did see a lot of improvement.

Yes we were and we were taking shots down the field, I think we need to keep taking shots with go routes, deep posts, crosses etc. Even if were not successful we have to keep taking shots down the field it opens up so much more plays.

Most of that is true but, we have seen with our own eyes what Nassib is good at and not so good at. He's not shown to be good in a game at throwing fade type routes, especially to short receivers. So why put him in that spot? If we had a 6'4 kid that was ready, maybe you throw it up as a jump ball.

Ryan has had moments this year throwing what I would consider fade routes but he is not comfortable under pressure and does not throw an easy pass to catch and scares nobody with his feet

Re-read my post.

I acknowledge that I have no expertise.

That's why I don't try to do what you have done.

Looking at a won-loss record is pointless when it comes to something like play calling on a micro basis.

Give Hackett Percy Harvin and a more talented QB and the results will be better.

Stop it with the play calling stuff- it's a waste of time.

Again your dont have to be Norm Chow or Steve Spurrier to question the play calling we have seen at SU over the past three years. IF you watch college football and then watch our offense its clear were missing elements that most succssful teams have that I previously outlined. Yes I am sure USC and other teams have studied our strengths and weaknesses and our talent level. Thats why you make adjustments, show new formations and packages, run different and new plays that aren't on film. Teams have tape of each other, I am pretty sure Texas studied WVU for days on end this week and still gave up nearly 50 points, why didnt they slow them down surely they saw there "weaknesses right".

Why dont you take a gander over at the boneyard and tell them play calling cant be argued.

You don't get it.

Many fans question play calling. No matter who is actually calling the plays. That's what many lay fans do.

And its pointless because fans don't know the football facts.

As far as the rest of your post is concerned see the word "talent" because thst's whst really makes the difference.

We have a mediocre WB and mediocre skill people.

We need more athletes on offense.

Ryan has had moments this year throwing what I would consider fade routes but he is not comfortable under pressure and does not throw an easy pass to catch and scares nobody with his feet

Could you point them out?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom