Can we finally all admit Hackett is not the answer. | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Can we finally all admit Hackett is not the answer.

The problem is Athletic QB's who can run and pass dont grow on trees. You know better then anyone those guys are at a premium and the chances of SU landing a top flight one are pretty slim.
They already have landed one his name is Zach Allen! What world do you live in?

So its complaining to ask why we aren't running different types of plays when we have one offensive touchdowns in 8 quarters. OK good to know.

Yes it is, what else would it be? Are you the coach? Anytimehackett makes a risky play call and it doesn't work you are the first to criticize

I said we had two great QB's coming in but Allen is not a dual threat QB in the mold IB is talking about.

I said we had two great QB's coming in but Allen is not a dual threat QB in the mold IB is talking about.
Yes he is a dual threat QB my friend. Have you seen him play?

You must not visit other message boards much then

I don't. Can't stand people from other teams that do that here, highly annoying.

Hackett is a big asset here, he will be here as long as Marrone. WVu hired the hottest oc in America, it's no surprise what holgorsen has been able to do. Talent plays a role their too but I think people have to be realistic where we are right now and where we were. Nobody cares about 15 years ago

Yes he is a dual threat QB my friend. Have you seen him play?

Yes I have, he is a mobile QB who appears to be one hell of a passer. He's not a dual threat guy like Manuel at FSU, Ohio States QB etc.

I don't. Can't stand people from other teams that do that here, highly annoying.

Hackett is a big asset here, he will be here as long as Marrone. WVu hired the hottest oc in America, it's no surprise what holgorsen has been able to do. Talent plays a role their too

Exactly what way has Hackett been a big asset? Oh you mean WVU hired someone with a track record of success calling plays at the college level, huh weird.

Yes I have, he is a mobile QB who appears to be one hell of a passer. He's not a dual threat guy like Manuel at FSU, Ohio States QB etc.

How is that not a dual threat? He can throw the ball is one. He is mobile that is two. Looks like he may be a dual (2) threat.

How is that not a dual threat? He can throw the ball is one. He is mobile that is two. Looks like he may be a dual (2) threat.

I think he's just saying he doesn't have 4.4 type speed.

Were arguing semantics, kid looks like a hell of a prospect I cant wait to see him on the field this spring to see what hes got in person.

Again, you are out of whack with expectations. Unless Syracuse is willing to pay money you aren't getting a guy like holgorsen.. They went after Kelly and were submarined. You are living in a fantasy world. In addition, with the luggage and reputation that Dana brought Syracuse would never hire him.

A guy like holgorsen is a selector and it won't be Syracuse when the next Holgorsen comes along, coach will take one tour of facilities and say next... We could not even get holtz

So keep dreaming..But Marrone nor hack are going anywhere

Here we go again with the "anointed" one. Can we let the kid get on campus and see what he can do before we say he is "the one"? Want me to go back almost every year to McNabb and remind everyone of the "anointed" one coming in?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Here we go again with the "anointed" one. Can we let the kid get on campus and see what he can do before we say he is "the one"? Want me to go back almost every year to McNabb and remind everyone of the "anointed" one coming in?

I'm fine with Loeb and if a young qb beats him out I'll be thrilled because I know he'll be a heck of a player but I agree, the expectations seems a bit high.

Again, you are out of whack with expectations. Unless Syracuse is willing to pay money you aren't getting a guy like holgorsen.. They went after Kelly and were submarined. You are living in a fantasy world. In addition, with the luggage and reputation that Dana brought Syracuse would never hire him.

So keep dreaming..

You do realize we offered a couple coaches more money than probably 90% of the schools pay. Out of curiosity, what did WVU pay Holgerson?

So keep dreaming..

Who said I wanted Dana? There are dozens of qualified OC's SU could bring in no one is asking SU to spend 2 million on the hottest OC in the country. Syracuse isnt Colgate, we have $ and a reputation/history of college football success to attract coaches here. You act like were Marshall or something, no one is dreaming when they think thay maybe SU should have brought in an OC with some sort of track record versus a coaches son who was never an OC at any level.

You do realize we offered a couple coaches more money than probably 90% of the schools pay. Out of curiosity, what did WVU pay Holgerson?

A still and a personal driver.

There is no telling how this kid is going to turn out. He looks promising and is a possible talent we haven't had at the QB position in years. I am excited to have him and the fact he can throw the ball and may be able to pick up some yards on his own makes me happier.

Ya its a fantasy world to bring in an OC with any background or experience apparently.

Were in year four now, can we finally crack in to that billion dollars of SU money and hire an OC who has a clue how to call a game. What more is it going to take? This offense is right back to 2010 ineptitude.

The NW game was clearly an anomaly as we havent thrown a pass more then 20 yards since USC, have zero idea how to use Brolyd, continue to call run plays in 3rd and long situations that clearly have zero chance of picking up the first down, have completely abandoned the TE position including Stevens who the staff couldnt praise more in the preseason, continue to split carries when Smith is averaging 6-7 yards a carry, cotinue to run sweeps and reverses with posession receivers and not Brolyd or Clark or Gulley, we refuse to run any sort of trick play or mis direction, no WR screens when every other team in America is running a half a dozen a game including every team we play, and until the bye week we had no short yardage package. 8 straight quarters against bad teams and we have 1 legitimate offensive touchdown that wasnt scored in garbage time.

This team will never take the next step with Hackett, you cant win games when every drive has to be a 18 play marathon. Even the most ardent Marrone supporter has to admit this Offense needs new blood, enough is enough.

I think maybe we should concentrate on getting big, strong and very fast WRs and breakaway RBs and some additional OL and a QB who is athletic and can make the defense pay for rushing with abandon.

Maybe I'm wrong but your posts seem intent on focusing attention on play calling and yet you - and I - have no basis for knowing why a certain play was called in a certain situation.

You - and I - do not watch film, have never coached major college football, have never developed or even read a game plan and do not see or understand what is actually happening during the game - at least from a professional knowledge base.

Do you think that since NW or USC teams have studied Ryan and now know his strengths and weaknesses? Do you think teams have studied the talent level of our WRs or TEs or RBs?

Enough already with the "play calling" arguments - they really are hackneyed.

They offered him a chance to succeed regardless of money... Therefore, if Syracuse wants a big hire or the hot coordinator they will have to pay more than the next guy because we are sverely limited in many areas. Facilities, recruiting territory, rigid standards with administration. Holgorsen had a bit of checkered past so not the best example.

Coaches don't want to come to Syracuse, those with options that is. Dana was haired as an oc hciw for over a million I believe1.2?

I will see if I can answer these questions one by one.

Against Minnesota on third and long we ran the ball at least 2 if not 3 times for a minimal game. We also did it once yesterday. Its one thing to call a draw every now and then to catch a D off guard but it was blatant against Minnesota, its was mentioned here by multiple posters as well so I am not alone. I dont have any issues with Nassib scrambling if nothing is open or leaving him a run option, sometimes no one is open and him taking off is a good thing.

Smith and Broyld have nothing to do with one another. Broyld is not a RB, he shouldnt be playing RB and we look ed giving our best athletic player inside handoffs and having him play RB when he has never played that position in his career. Broyld should be playing in the slot as his regular position and utilized the way Florida used Percy Harvin, constantly in motion and lining up all over the place ie slot, behind the TE, in the backfield, out wide, as the QB etc. Theres zero reason he and Smith cant both be on the field at the same time. Broyld is not a RB.

I don't mean to be flippant - really.

But tell us more about your football background - upon what credentials do you rely in describing our coaches as "s" in terms of their player personnel decisions.

And while you're at it, tells us the last time we had a player even remotely in the talent category of Percy Harvin.

Thats not completly true. Looking back on the MN and SB games i think that it is clear that we should have run the tank formation. I think that Hack has had a major problem with play calling in the tight red zone going back to last year. I also think that he is having a difficult time properly using his players. Ash needs to be on the field. Not sure why we stopped using Wales... All in all he is growing but i think it is very fair to say we could have hired an OC with more experiance and been ahead of where we are now.

I think maybe we should concentrate on getting big, strong and very fast WRs and breakaway RBs and some additional OL and a QB who is athletic and can make the defense pay for rushing with abandon.

Maybe I'm wrong but your posts seem intent on focusing attention on play calling and yet you - and I - have no basis for knowing why a certain play was called in a certain situation.

You - and I - do not watch film, have never coached major college football, have never developed or even read a game plan and do not see or understand what is actually happening during the game - at least from a professional knowledge base.

Do you think that since NW or USC teams have studied Ryan and now know his strengths and weaknesses? Do you think teams have studied the talent level of our WRs or TEs or RBs?

Enough already with the "play calling" arguments - they really are hackneyed.

Again your dont have to be Norm Chow or Steve Spurrier to question the play calling we have seen at SU over the past three years. IF you watch college football and then watch our offense its clear were missing elements that most succssful teams have that I previously outlined. Yes I am sure USC and other teams have studied our strengths and weaknesses and our talent level. Thats why you make adjustments, show new formations and packages, run different and new plays that aren't on film. Teams have tape of each other, I am pretty sure Texas studied WVU for days on end this week and still gave up nearly 50 points, why didnt they slow them down surely they saw there "weaknesses right".

Why dont you take a gander over at the boneyard and tell them play calling cant be argued.

I agree with that but you can't deny that the kid is an amazingly accurate passer and he's mobile. I never anoint players but this kid looks incredibly talented. The best recruit I've seen on film since DC2. I think he has the potential to be an NFL QB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom