Can we finally all admit Hackett is not the answer. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Can we finally all admit Hackett is not the answer.

If he is not the qb then I can see him being in the backfield and in the slot.

Still don't understand the love affair with Broyld, he's either a qb, a te, or a linebacker. Percy Harvin? Hack is fine, IMO. The limitations and inconsistencies are at the qb spot. Get an athletic qb who can pass and run and things will open up

The staff created the love affair with Broyld. They rushed him on the field and talked him up in preseason interviews. So if something great isn't there, then what was the point? Did we waste all that time installing that part of the offense? Time we could have used on the short yardage package?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

So did hogue and smith when they were freshman

Different kind of players, if they wanted to actually play they knew defense was there only chance and you could see especially in Hogue how a transition to LB would likely be a good one for him. Broyld's potential on O is to much to move him to LB I would be shocked if it ever happened.

Here we go with the press coverage!! Three weeks ago we had the best bunch of receivers in 15 years. This board kills me. Between Lemon, Sales, and West, we have above average wide receivers. The biggest issue I have is take right now we need to run the ball more.

It's press coverage!!!

Our WRs are not above average. There isn't a single skill player on our O that's above average. If there were then we'd actually be scoring points.

That's the problem.

I watched a good deal of CFB yesterday, and not once when watching a good team did I think that our RBs and WRs were better.

Different kind of players, if they wanted to actually play they knew defense was there only chance and you could see especially in Hogue how a transition to LB would likely be a good one for him. Broyld's potential on O is to much to move him to LB I would be shocked if it ever happened.

Just disagree, Hogue was an elite athlete with great speed as well. Better top end speed and straight ahead speed than , obviously less wiggle. My point is you need a position, he has none right now

Our WRs are not above average. There isn't a single skill player on our O that's above average. If there were then we'd actually be scoring points.

That's the problem.

Disagree with you there...plenty of teams score points with average talent

Just disagree, Hogue was an elite athlete with great speed as well. Better top end speed and straight ahead speed than , obviously less wiggle. My point is you need a position, he has none right now

I dont disagree about Hogue but he also played LB in highschool and it was clear thats where he should be playing. When I see Broyld I dont see a LB, hes either a WR or TE.

I dont disagree about Hogue but he also played LB in highschool and it was clear thats where he should be playing. When I see Broyld I dont see a LB, hes either a WR or TE.

Te would be a great spot for him, would be a much up nightmare. Issue is we have two very promising frost at te as well

Yup agree 100%, its about utilizing your talent correctly and play calling.

Yes, they do. So then you're saying the fault lies with the staff? Because if we have at least average talent, why is this O a train wreck again?

Te would be a great spot for him, would be a much up nightmare. Issue is we have two very promising frost at te as well

True but no reason he cant line up at several positions and be used as a hybrid type of player. The Slot, Te, split out wide, in the backfield, taking some wildcat snaps etc.

Yes, they do. So then you're saying the fault lies with the staff? Because if we have at least average talent, why is this O a train wreck again?

You just answered your own question.

FWIW, I do think this board greatly overrates our skill position talent.

To me it comes down to wild inconsistency at o line and qb play.. They have had two very good games, two very bad games, and one very mediocre vanilla game. That said, let's see how it plays out but that is where I think the problem lies

Then thats on the staff, its year four we should have skill postion players with above average talent.
Personally I think Sales and Lemon are great possession WR's. Put Lemon and Sales on a top 25 team with a couple speed WR's surrounding them and they would be unstoppable. Next year people are really going to miss those two guys.

Including the qb spot and if broyld was that special he would be on the field, must be he can't beat press coverage,

Then thats on the staff, its year four we should have skill postion players with above average talent.
Personally I think Sales and Lemon are great possession WR's. Put Lemon and Sales on a top 25 team with a couple speed WR's surrounding them and they would be unstoppable. Next year people are really going to miss those two guys.

Agree sales and Lemon may not be lighting fast but both are above average college receivers

To me it comes down to wild inconsistency at o line and qb play.. They have had two very good games, two very bad games, and one very mediocre vanilla game. That said, let's see how it plays out but that is where I think the problem lies

I think the O line has been pretty good outside of Alexander. Have they been great, no but they have been above average in my opinion. The problem is there is zero creativity in the play calling. What happened to all the deep throws we called the first two weeks with a lot of sucess? Where are the WR/Bubble/Junk screens? Where are the misdirection plays? Where are the trick plays? WVU's whole offense is pretty much misdirection and multiple fakes every play. Why not fake that stupid reverse to Sales and look for Lemon/West deep down the middle. How about a fake pitch to Gulley and looking for Sales on a deep route.

There isn't an OC in football that you guys wouldn't find fault with his play calling. Of course, it's worse when you are losing, but you guys would pick apart any plays that didn't work. I also love the criticism of the utilization of personnel. Not a one of you has all the information, yet you deem who is, and who is not worthy of PT. I don't agree with a lot of what I have seen, either, but I don't remember many instances when different players played and got very different results. The play calling will always be open to criticism when it doesn't work but most it is opinion of the staff based on things they see everyday and we don't.

At the end of the day, you can blame almost everything on the staff. I get that especially in year 4 but to me if Syracuse ever wants to really build a consistent winner again, they will need to pay for it.. Money needs to be spent everywhere... Sure smaller programs can have a good season or two but consistent success will need to be paid for Marrone or not. Facilities, coaches salaries, etc etc. Game has changed but right now we are duke, wake, etc etc

A lot of the criticism of Marrone is chicken stuff... I will judge him on his record at the end of the year, not if he waves pom poms on the sideline or snaps the ball with 19 or 20 seconds or goes for it on 4th down or not

I think the O line has been pretty good outside of Alexander. Have they been great, no but they have been above average in my opinion. The problem is there is zero creativity in the play calling. What happened to all the deep throws we called the first two weeks with a lot of sucess? Where are the WR/Bubble/Junk screens? Where are the misdirection plays? Where are the trick plays? WVU's whole offense is pretty much misdirection and multiple fakes every play. Why not fake that stupid reverse to Sales and look for Lemon/West deep down the middle. How
about a fake pitch to Gulley and looking for Sales on a deep route.

And when those things don't work you will still be complaining. I get it

At the end of the day, you can blame almost everything on the staff. I get that especially in year 4 but to me if Syracuse ever wants to really build a consistent winner again, they will need to pay for it.. Money needs to be spent everywhere... Sure smaller programs can have a good season or two but consistent success will need to be paid for Marrone or not. Facilities, coaches salaries, etc etc. Game has changed but right now we are duke, wake, etc etc

A lot of the criticism of Marrone is chicken **** stuff... I will judge him on his record at the end of the year, not if he waves pom poms on the sideline or snaps the ball with 19 or 20 seconds or goes for it on 4th down or not

Well there has been an infusion of money into the program and an effort by Gross to really upgrade SU's ancient failities so I agree with you $$ is needed. and is starting to be funneled into the program. However, for recruiting purposes that still is all BS, Cincy's facilities are far from great they seem to land skill position players just fine.

And when those things don't work you will still be complaining. I get it

So its complaining to ask why we aren't running different types of plays when we have one offensive touchdowns in 8 quarters. OK good to know.

Well there has been an infusion of money into the program and an effort by Gross to really upgrade SU's ancient failities so I agree with you $$ is needed. and is starting to be funneled into the program. However, for recruiting purposes that still is all BS, Cincy's facilities are far from great they seem to land skill position players just fine.

Ever been to Cincinnati and seen their athletic complex? Sure their stadium is small and they lack a practice facility but I think people would be amazed as to what is out there. They are also in ohio...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom