Can we get Noel too? ... PLEASE | Syracusefan.com

Can we get Noel too? ... PLEASE

O

Orange&Blue44

I'm happy as all Hell DC2 chose SU:) But, I'm never satisfied I want Noel too !!!:DHope there will be room at the Inn...

we will make room. Yes, Syracuse thinks they can get both.

I stood next to him after the conclusion of Midnight Madness - I was not sure it was him at the time but seeing photos of him after the fact confirmed it. He is very tall indeed and rail thin. Let's hope he starts pounding down the food and gets a hankering for Dinosaur and Varsity pizza. Let's Go Orange!

...not sure its Noel in the manger...but it is Christmas time and Noel is always close by

I think that if you're a big man that is highly likely to get drafted into the NBA, coming to Syracuse is a great idea. Practice against your peers, share the load on the court to save your body for when you're collecting checks.

So, yeah, Noel can make a lot of sense.

Gut feeling is that UConn gets Noel after Drummond leaves after one year.

Not a chance. Why would Noel want to play in the BE/CUSA/MWC hybrid conference?

Noel and Coleman seem to be such different types of players that I see no reason they couldn't play together.

Noel can back up Christmas at the 4. Or he could back up Melo at the 5. Or would that be Coleman at the 5?

Getting Fab Melo did not stop us from landing Coleman, and landing Coleman will not stop us from signing Noel.

We may not sign Noel, but if we don't it wont be because of Coleman, they are very different players and there is room for both.

I stood next to him after the conclusion of Midnight Madness - I was not sure it was him at the time but seeing photos of him after the fact confirmed it. He is very tall indeed and rail thin. Let's hope he starts pounding down the food and gets a hankering for Dinosaur and Varsity pizza. Let's Go Orange!
Don't be ridiculous. If he's joining the Syracuse basketball team, it'll be Chipotle or nothing at all.

We dont know if the new NBA CBA (if one is ever agreed to) will allow for one and dones. There is talk of players having to play two years if they go to college

We dont know if the new NBA CBA (if one is ever agreed to) will allow for one and dones. There is talk of players having to play two years if they go to college
Some thoughts:
1) That was great! Dasher writing about Christmas and Noel;
2) I believe the new 2 year rule has nothing to do with 2 years at college ... but rather must wait 2 years beyond their graduating high school class. Right now it is one year beyond high school graduation ergo all the 1 and dones we have had. Please correct me if I am wrong on the new ruling being considered. I know there is a counter proposal by the Players' Association.
3) They are also considering,I believe, a 20 year rule ... that is a player must have reached his 20th birthday prior to being drafted;
4) Noel is still set for 2013. That could be bad news because upon leaving Tilton he would be 1 year beyond his high school graduating class ... in other words under the present rule he would be eligible for the NBA right away after graduation from Tilton. If he came out this year (2012) he would have to wait 1 year before being eligible and would either a) sit, b) go to Europe for 1 year, or c) play college ball;
5) I know that UConn and UK are absolutely drooling over Noel since we have a Coleman commitment ... believing that Noel wouldn't want to come here and "compete" with Coleman. That says that we seem to be in a very favorable position for Noel and the other schools feel that we have been knocked out of Noel lottery b/c of Coleman. Of course they are deluding themselves b/c they can play 2 very different positions - Coleman the 5 and Noel the 4. That is also assuming that Coleman is still here. Without the 2 year rule Coleman would be 20 coming to Syracuse and after he completes 1 year at SU he would be eligible for the NBA draft. At this time he is projected as a #7 lottery pick and at 20 - 21 years old why would he stay? That would leave the opening for Noel ... if he didn't enter the lottery; and
6) Even if Drummond goes, which he probably will after 1, why would any really good recruit want to go to UConn after this year? Really. WVA s going to the Big 12. The demise of the Big East is inevitable!! And noone wants UConn b/c of academics and other reasons. Add to that that they will likely be eliminated from post-season play on 2013. Yeah ... I'm a big time recruit and I want to go to a school that can't play in the post-season especially if I am a likely one-and-done. I predict a JC retirement and a sharp downhill curve for UConn athletics.

Thanks for your kind attention and feel free to correct me if I am incorrect here. I won't take it harshly as long as the corrections are expressed nicely :)

I'm happy as all Hell DC2 chose SU:) But, I'm never satisfied I want Noel too !!!:DHope there will be room at the Inn...

I don't think Melo is here in 2012-3. Either he plays his way into the NBA, or some sort of movement occurs there. Rak, DJC, and Noel could co-exist without any problems, although staff may be assuming that DJC is gone after 1 year.

Some thoughts:
1) That was great! Dasher writing about Christmas and Noel;
2) I believe the new 2 year rule has nothing to do with 2 years at college ... but rather must wait 2 years beyond their graduating high school class. Right now it is one year beyond high school graduation ergo all the 1 and dones we have had. Please correct me if I am wrong on the new ruling being considered. I know there is a counter proposal by the Players' Association.
3) They are also considering,I believe, a 20 year rule ... that is a player must have reached his 20th birthday prior to being drafted;
4) Noel is still set for 2013. That could be bad news because upon leaving Tilton he would be 1 year beyond his high school graduating class ... in other words under the present rule he would be eligible for the NBA right away after graduation from Tilton. If he came out this year (2012) he would have to wait 1 year before being eligible and would either a) sit, b) go to Europe for 1 year, or c) play college ball;
5) I know that UConn and UK are absolutely drooling over Noel since we have a Coleman commitment ... believing that Noel wouldn't want to come here and "compete" with Coleman. That says that we seem to be in a very favorable position for Noel and the other schools feel that we have been knocked out of Noel lottery b/c of Coleman. Of course they are deluding themselves b/c they can play 2 very different positions - Coleman the 5 and Noel the 4. That is also assuming that Coleman is still here. Without the 2 year rule Coleman would be 20 coming to Syracuse and after he completes 1 year at SU he would be eligible for the NBA draft. At this time he is projected as a #7 lottery pick and at 20 - 21 years old why would he stay? That would leave the opening for Noel ... if he didn't enter the lottery; and
6) Even if Drummond goes, which he probably will after 1, why would any really good recruit want to go to UConn after this year? Really. WVA s going to the Big 12. The demise of the Big East is inevitable!! And noone wants UConn b/c of academics and other reasons. Add to that that they will likely be eliminated from post-season play on 2013. Yeah ... I'm a big time recruit and I want to go to a school that can't play in the post-season especially if I am a likely one-and-done. I predict a JC retirement and a sharp downhill curve for UConn athletics.

Thanks for your kind attention and feel free to correct me if I am incorrect here. I won't take it harshly as long as the corrections are expressed nicely :)
Note to Cal. Please come fishing in our back yard again. We like wasting your time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom