Can we gut one out next week? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Can we gut one out next week?

Again, and you know this how? The reason I ask is because people throw B.S. all over this board.
I post what im told by people i know and trust. Id say im batting 750. Nobody is ever going to be 100% but many of the posters are connected to the program and are willing to share. Im one of them.

Last point you should realize that nobody on this board who provides information is going to share how they got the information.

Asking people for the source of their supposed inside info is rude? Okay...

1) it’s not important where I got the info from…

2) you also said “And you know this show? Is your wife working for the trainers?”….Which is more than what’s your source…its a rude comment, designed to be rude and condescending

3) If someone releases info on here and is pretty confident in it, chances are they won’t tell you the source because they probably were told in confidence about it from someone pretty closely connected and they don’t want to get them or anyone in trouble

Which is why I just said, I wouldn’t hold my breath on him playing this week…that’s pretty open knowledge…

If Bleich can play I’d move Ellis to RG and kick Dakota out to RT, which might be the best group they have played all year. If not Josh should be adequate at center.

Health at safety is a concern.
As others have mentioned, I'm not expecting Bleich. (I mean, ya never know). Dakota's a road grader that won't have the Feet at RT. Last 2 games, most of the power blocking has been coming to the right side (Serv/Dak/Vett). Bleich is a loss, fingers crossed that he returns. We need Dak at RG. (centerpiece of that combo)

Not having Serv at C isn't ideal. The Bleich/Serv/Dak combo was excellent. Serv and Berg also offered assistance to the guy next to them.

A D Coordinator will be going after the new guys. (duhh) I'm hoping that's built into the game plan, this week. They performed decent against Wake, but I imagine there is film to exploit. IF that's successful? I might consider moving Serv back to C. Not opposed to giving Cruz some run at RT.

As others have mentioned, I'm not expecting Bleich. (I mean, ya never know). Dakota's a road grader that won't have the Feet at RT. Last 2 games, most of the power blocking has been coming to the right side (Serv/Dak/Vett). Bleich is a loss, fingers crossed that he returns. We need Dak at RG. (centerpiece of that combo)

Not having Serv at C isn't ideal. The Bleich/Serv/Dak combo was excellent. Serv and Berg also offered assistance to the guy next to them.

A D Coordinator will be going after the new guys. (duhh) I'm hoping that's built into the game plan, this week. They performed decent against Wake, but I imagine there is film to exploit. IF that's successful? I might consider moving Serv back to C. Not opposed to giving Cruz some run at RT.
imo figure out how to put your five best out there, and Ellis is one of those, even without the injuries

Because telling who your source often results s in not having that source anymore. Not that hard to understand.
You don't have to identify sources by name, social security number, and relationship to the team, coaches and players. However, if you want to have any credibility, you have to offer some information that suggests that the source has privileged access. Otherwise, it's just B.S. being thrown around.

People crushed Vet for years and this year to. Who would've thought that he'd actually get better with age/experience (sarcasm) and now we're going to miss him. I think llaoa is capable at center but I don't believe Servais is even average at RT. Are we better with this lineup or keeping Serv at Center and asking a Tackle to step up? It's too bad Red or Bradford hasn't been able to make the leap.

I don't think the BC DLine is murderers row though. This is as good a game as any to have this problem. lloaa played fine against Clemson or whatever game it was that he played so much.

Last edited:
1) it’s not important where I got the info from…

2) you also said “And you know this show? Is your wife working for the trainers?”….Which is more than what’s your source…its a rude comment, designed to be rude and condescending

3) If someone releases info on here and is pretty confident in it, chances are they won’t tell you the source because they probably were told in confidence about it from someone pretty closely connected and they don’t want to get them or anyone in trouble

Which is why I just said, I wouldn’t hold my breath on him playing this week…that’s pretty open knowledge…
I would probably defer to keeping “insider” injury information off of the board.

Actually, it's not really "open knowledge". At least not yet.

Only a handful of posters know what's going on with Bleich.

The vast majority of the public doesn't know. It's not their fault.

People crushed Vet for years and this year to. Whudda thought that he'd actually get better with age/experience and now we're going to miss him. I think llaoa is capable at center but I don't believe Servais is even average at RT. Are we better with this lineup or keeping Serv at Center and asking a Tackle to step up. It's too bad Red or Bradford hasn't been able to make the leap.

I don't think the BC DLine is murderers row though. This is as good a game as any to have this problem. lloaa played fine against Clemson was it?

Good post.

The OL has improved IMMENSELY over the previous two years. Combination of health / better depth / new coach. But we've also basically fielded 4 really solid pieces, with the 5th starter being the weak link.

The position in question has usually been either center or RT, depending on where Servais is lining up. Will be interesting to see how they get through this week -- playing Servais out wide at RT and having a slightly not as good Ialoa at C might be the lesser of two evils, if no other RT depth is capable of stepping up.

Might that be Bradford? Maybe Cruz? Or do we just go with the experienced group and shift Ialoa into the starting lineup?

All hands on deck -- need a win this weekend.

Haven't seen any of the backups at tackle play, but if I had to speculate on who might step in there to allow Servais to stay at center, it would also be Cruz. He can do things the other guys can't and it appears the new OL coach places more of a premium on ability than on experience. It was a great call to go with Ellis at OG, who is doing really well as a true frosh.

People crushed Vet for years and this year to. Whudda thought that he'd actually get better with age/experience and now we're going to miss him. I think llaoa is capable at center but I don't believe Servais is even average at RT. Are we better with this lineup or keeping Serv at Center and asking a Tackle to step up. It's too bad Red or Bradford hasn't been able to make the leap.

I don't think the BC DLine is murderers row though. This is as good a game as any to have this problem. lloaa played fine against Clemson was it?

4 games left, do they see if Cruz can pull off a Bergeron 2019?

I love watching Ellis move people in a pile. But watching him downfield on that one screen pass was pretty funny.

Last year, 3 injuries to OL regulars would have forced us to fold the season. This year, we get 2 TD drives in Blacksburg in 5 minutes. You can't predict college football, Suzyn.

You don't have to identify sources by name, social security number, and relationship to the team, coaches and players. However, if you want to have any credibility, you have to offer some information that suggests that the source has privileged access. Otherwise, it's just B.S. being thrown around.
You’ve been around here how long? I’d have thought you’d have learned something along the way… ‍♂️

@admins please do the rest of us a favor and shush this guy for a bit.

4 games left, do they see if Cruz can pull off a Bergeron 2019?

I love watching Ellis move people in a pile. But watching him downfield on that one screen pass was pretty funny.

Last year, 3 injuries to OL regulars would have forced us to fold the season. This year, we get 2 TD drives in Blacksburg in 5 minutes. You can't predict college football, Suzyn.
Speaking of 4 games left and Cruz...

Would he be in jeopardy of losing a RS year if he played the last four and the bowl game?

I know, first world problems, but I can't remember if bowl participation counts against the 4 freebies.

Last edited:

I guess it’s BS then!

I think only a handful of people know what’s actually wrong with Bleich…

The writing is on the wall that he won’t be playing this week….

Either way, I hope something changes for the kid, I really like him and think that he is a great addition on the OL

I hope he starts to feel better quickly

Also, im the type of guy that if I posted something that seems to be information that isn’t out there and then ends up wrong….

I’ll eat the crow and admit it

but yeah, thanks for the snarky post…we’re all fans here

I just hope the team does well and we get to a bowl

LETS GO ORANGE

Well, its not like the source(s) are quiet about it either

the school has people reading these boards. how do you kinda reveal a source without getting them in trouble? putting stuff on a message board with great detail is not always the best thing and its often hard to not reveal info that people want answers to but really shouldnt be out in public. Take what you get from the board and learn who you trust over time. if its bad info dont trust them as much the next time.. Do we really need to know why a player is out or when they are out before a game starts, or do we like just having the info a bit earlier than the rest of the world?

the school has people reading these boards. how do you kinda reveal a source without getting them in trouble? putting stuff on a message board with great detail is not always the best thing and its often hard to not reveal info that people want answers to but really shouldnt be out in public. Take what you get from the board and learn who you trust over time. if its bad info dont trust them as much the next time.. Do we really need to know why a player is out or when they are out before a game starts, or do we like just having the info a bit earlier than the rest of the world?

This, 100%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom