Can we gut one out next week? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Can we gut one out next week?

If Bleich can play I’d move Ellis to RG and kick Dakota out to RT, which might be the best group they have played all year. If not Josh should be adequate at center.

Health at safety is a concern.
dakota at RT is a horrible idea

4 games left, do they see if Cruz can pull off a Bergeron 2019?

I love watching Ellis move people in a pile. But watching him downfield on that one screen pass was pretty funny.

Last year, 3 injuries to OL regulars would have forced us to fold the season. This year, we get 2 TD drives in Blacksburg in 5 minutes. You can't predict college football, Suzyn.
Have to think our finishing lineup will be our starting lineup. It will be interesting if Serv needs to slide back to C, or if its by design.

I'm guessing Rhino plays.

People crushed Vet for years and this year to. Who would've thought that he'd actually get better with age/experience (sarcasm) and now we're going to miss him. I think llaoa is capable at center but I don't believe Servais is even average at RT. Are we better with this lineup or keeping Serv at Center and asking a Tackle to step up? It's too bad Red or Bradford hasn't been able to make the leap.

I don't think the BC DLine is murderers row though. This is as good a game as any to have this problem. lloaa played fine against Clemson or whatever game it was that he played so much.
Aye, big difference this year is those defensive linemen can’t just tee off , have to constantly be aware of 16 and 34 taking off. Has to make the pass blocking easier.

Also, im the type of guy that if I posted something that seems to be information that isn’t out there and then ends up wrong….

I’ll eat the crow and admit it

but yeah, thanks for the snarky post…we’re all fans here

I just hope the team does well and we get to a bowl

LETS GO ORANGE
more importantly is the question of has the modern day father of football Walter Camp and JRHEETER ever been seen in the same room?!
1635179328471.png

any injured this week probably sits with the bye comingup
Garrett was injured vs. Clemson, but I heard he was out in the Va Tech warmups with Bleich. Even though neither played, just hoping we get 'em both back vs. BC

dakota at RT is a horrible idea
Looking at the game winning pass play to Alford, Dakota let the Va Tech DL guy unimpeded to smash Schrader. Dakota has done a lot of real good work this year, but that one play, SMH...

Looking at the game winning pass play to Alford, Dakota let the Va Tech DL guy unimpeded to smash Schrader. Dakota has done a lot of real good work this year, but that one play, SMH...
not just that one play:

That all said your larger point remains legit, kids been good most everywhere else, but geeze......and where he's erroring is OL 101, gonna get his qb nailed one time too many!

Last edited:
Garrett was injured vs. Clemson, but I heard he was out in the Va Tech warmups with Bleich. Even though neither played, just hoping we get 'em both back vs. BC
if its close they probably try to get thru the game without them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom