CANCELLED: All My Away Game Tix/Tailgates | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

CANCELLED: All My Away Game Tix/Tailgates

I thought they called it Taylor ham. I loved them
Depending on where you live in Jersey, this is a serious question.
1599866567041.png

What about the peameal bacon?
Not sure why I missed this...this sounds great for a Fine Mess Tailgate. Maybe for a later season one before a nooner? Can you get this in Prescott?

We have a griddle plate and super nice spatulas (bought for Maryland game) at someones house.

Last edited:
It was the one good thing about last years Maryland game... the tailgate. We made a ton of pork roll/Taylor ham, egg and cheese sandwiches.
That was the best thing about that day...a pretty awesome, free tailgate spot and those pork rolls. Linda was a super help that morning.
Hopefully, someone has used the griddle rack some more to season it. Did you or Mark C. keep it? Love to do this again.

Yessir. Just remind me. I’d be more than happy to get some. Maybe it would entice Roger N to attend

Figure out a cost per sandwich...If we have a limited number of fans allowed for a game in late October or November...maybe an option this year. Border scheduled to open in a few weeks, right?

If a bridge too far this year... we'll keep this in the hopper for a future game.

I'd like to get some Pork Rolls up for a Fine Mess game too. JSOrange97 will hopefully take lead on it. They are game day labor intensive (peameal or pork rolls) so we'll need 3-4 vols to run an assembly line and only do a set number to limit the expense and time commitment.

Last edited:
Figure out a cost per sandwich...If we have a limited number of fans allowed for a game in late October or November...maybe an option this year. Border scheduled to open in a few weeks, right?

If a bridge too far this year... we'll keep this in the hopper for a future game.

I'd like to get some Pork Rolls up for a Fine Mess game too. JSOrange97 will hopefully take lead on it. They are game day labor intensive (peameal or pork rolls) so we'll need 3-4 vols to run an assembly line and only do a set number to limit the expense and time commitment.
A bridge too far...even though I can see it from my deck, lol! They keep pushing the border opening back every month. Honestly, I don’t think it will open until next spring or summer

They don’t want us over there...at all

Even when (note I did not say if ;-)) limited attendance is allowed there will be no tailgating allowed this year.

The griddle is likely stored with the rest of the equipment. I suspect weedsportwarriors has it unless JeremyCuse grabbed it. The only thing I keep is the 50-50 $$$!

I want a food not a quirky euphemism ;)
Honestly, I don't even care. I still consider myself a central New Yorker not a central New Jerseyean, even though I'd lived here now for 20 years. I've never even had it before. I was just going by the map.

Honestly, I don't even care. I still consider myself a central New Yorker not a central New Jerseyean, even though I'd lived here now for 20 years. I've never even had it before. I was just going by the map.

Ha. Same. Boston native, the fascination escapes me. I live in Middlesex (wait, I can't spell my county name?) which is still pork roll country, although you start getting a few Taylor Hams peppered in. My thing is, as someone not born into it, the name Taylor Hame just sounds so much more appetizing.

I agree Freak, PorkRoll sounds like it is from Appalachia.

Sucks about no tailgates this year...I guess I knew that but Mark C. reminded me.

That was the best thing about that day...a pretty awesome, free tailgate spot and those pork rolls. Linda was a super help that morning.
Hopefully, someone has used the griddle rack some more to season it. Did you or Mark C. keep it? Love to do this again.
I think there are two of them and a set of spatulas. I bought one for myself to use at home (used it to “home tailgate “ for game 1)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom