Can't see us getting in if we lose Wednesday | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Can't see us getting in if we lose Wednesday

Ohio st has fallen apart that win loses value by the day.

Of course, that's also another team fighting for a spot in the tournament, so it kinda works both ways.

We're the third 9 seed on Bracketmatrix prior to the Clemson loss. So I agree with what you just said but I don't think it applies to our situation if we were to lose to BC/Pitt on Weds.

There are 13 teams behind us. A lot would have to go wrong. Bama was the last team in, they're about to lose to Arkansas. St Johns already lost today. So did Texas (granted, to TCU, who is also behind us). Florida also (that was at Kentucky, so no big deal, but still a loss).

If I knew for a fact (which obviously I don't) that we were ahead of 13 teams, I wouldn't be worried at all.

We're the third 9 seed on Bracketmatrix prior to the Clemson loss. So I agree with what you just said but I don't think it applies to our situation if we were to lose to BC/Pitt on Weds.

We definetely will. I would say with another loss, we are probably heading to somewhere between 4th last in and seventh last in, which has almost always been a safe zone.

That being said I openly admit there has been committee judgment that has hurt teams or outright error so I respect your caution. It (that judgment) is probably what has downgraded from that 98% (number out of my butt probability) to about 90%.

That being said I openly admit there has been committee judgment that has hurt teams or outright error.

^^^ This is precisely what I've been trying to argue for the last couple weeks on here. ^^^

We are within the margin of error of committee subjectivity. That's simply all I'm saying. Some posters interpret this as I'm saying their wife and kids are ugly. It's so bizarre.

When MSOrange posts aggressively about something it makes me laugh as that is what I am suppose to do not somebody nice like him.

Brian piece of advice don’t worry about the bubble. If we don’t make
The tournament it may make JB make some changes to the program.
However we are making it.
Winning 5 road games and a win at Cameron Indoor Stadium which is a Platinum valuable win.
We are going to make it. No need to worry about it.
The offense and stuff like that is worthy of the debate but not bubble talk.

Also, Oklahoma and Baylor, who were 2 spots ahead of us, have either lost today or are about to.

^^^ This is precisely what I've been trying to argue for the last couple weeks on here. ^^^

We are within the margin of error of committee subjectivity. That's simply all I'm saying. Some posters interpret this as I'm saying their wife and kids are ugly. It's so bizarre.

I am not sure though if we are that going to get to that margin line -- the bid stealers will determine that. I think we are outside of the margins of that error (even at 4th last in). I will do a history of the matrix to see who the largest misses have been.

Something like 110 out of 130 of those bracketmatrix guys has us out last year.

Usually!!

We were also the last team in the field. Would imagine the teams seeded 9 or even 10 a week before the tournament have a good % of making it in

Also: I don't take issue with anything you've said, really. its more the "we dont deserve it" or "we need to do x" with no context comments

If there’s one thing the 2016 election taught me is that it’s very easy to convince yourself that somethings “in the bag” when it’s the outcome you desperately want to happen.

Something like 110 out of 130 of those bracketmatrix guys has us out last year.

I will say part of the problem with your argument. It;s the thread is in.

Your point that there should be some doubt is valid. But your argument is under a post that shows we are out with a loss.

If there’s one thing the 2016 election taught me is that it’s very easy to convince yourself that somethings “in the bag” when it’s the outcome you desperately want to happen.
If Indiana gets in over us will we have to talk about the B1G influencing the Selection for the next 4 years?

I am not sure though if we are that going to get to that margin line -- the bid stealers will determine that. I think we are outside of the margins of that error (even at 4th last in). I will do a history of the matrix to see who the largest misses have been.
I remember last year it was you and I who were really shocked how our resume was undervalued.
Lunardi having the ESPN platform pollutes the minds of other matrix brackets I am sure.
We were undervalued last year.
The Buffalo and Maryland wins and road wins at Georgetown, Miami, and Louisville were undervalued.
That is why with 5 road wins this year and the win at Duke I am confident we are in.

Or the 07 team. I don't get why people are so confident.

If we lose and there are some upsets we might be out.

When MSOrange posts aggressively about something it makes me laugh as that is what I am suppose to do not somebody nice like him.

Brian piece of advice don’t worry about the bubble. If we don’t make
The tournament it may make JB make some changes to the program.
However we are making it.
Winning 5 road games and a win at Cameron Indoor Stadium which is a Platinum valuable win.
We are going to make it. No need to worry about it.
The offense and stuff like that is worthy of the debate but not bubble talk.

I'm hoping based on JB's interview on Thurs changes are coming regardless if we make the tourney or not. Have to find ways to improve on offense every year

No You are not correct

Actually he is - 23 of 179 had us in.

That being said the two teams that got in below the line (Arizona St and Syracuse) replaced the two lowest teams on the matrix (USC and St. Mary's)

The doubt only exists within a segment of the fan base. ESPN, CBS and USA Today posted Bubble Watch articles this morning and we weren't listed on any of them. Palm and Lunardi have us comfortably in. The metrics say we're in.

Just because some fans insist we're on the bubble, doesn't mean we are.
Just checked ESPN; has us in the "should be in" department currently. So apparently that's a "lock" to some in this fanbase. That's not even with a potential loss in first round of ACCT...

Actually he is - 23 of 179 had us in.

That being said the two teams that got in below the line (Arizona St and Syracuse) replaced the two lowest teams on the matrix (USC and St. Mary's)
Now that you bring USC and St. Mary’s up I specifically remember destroying their resumes last year in depth and saying ours was better.
You and I were more bullish that the matrix last year.

Now that you bring USC and St. Mary’s up I specifically remember destroying their resumes last year in depth and saying ours was better.
You and I were more bullish that the matrix last year.

You were moreso than me.. it was probably you and ChrisM who tends to come around this time of year. I think I predicted us out, only because of the sheer number of teams that were contending.

I remember going on rants because ESPN was calling Notre Dame in.

Just checked ESPN; has us in the "should be in" department currently. So apparently that's a "lock" to some in this fanbase. That's not even with a potential loss in first round of ACCT...

Those classifications are based on the assumption that you will not win any more games.

We are clearly in as of today, what downgrades it to should be in would be another bad loss.

Those classifications are based on the assumption that you will not win any more games.

We are clearly in as of today, what downgrades it to should be in would be another bad loss.
Exactly. There are posters arguing we are in no matter what happens...

Glad I’ve been on the other side of earth for the season without access to Sports. Sounds like it’s been a rough one.
no interwebs? where the were you?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom