Can't watch anymore of this. | Syracusefan.com

Can't watch anymore of this.

Crusty

Living Legend
I knew it would be tough with Gadsen out but this is getting to be GRobesgue.
I reluctantly come to the conclusion that we are not ACC quality and Dino just cannot get it done. Nothing to lose by blowing it up and starting over.
Really sad.

An honorable man would resign. He lost the team. There is nothing left for him.

He still has years left on his contract, right? What’s left for him is the money remaining on that contract, which is why he’ll hang on until he’s fired so he can take his bag.

That’s not a knock - I’d do the same and would think anyone who wouldn’t was insane.

He still has years left on his contract, right? What’s left for him is the money remaining on that contract, which is why he’ll hang on until he’s fired so he can take his bag.

That’s not a knock - I’d do the same and would think anyone who wouldn’t was insane.
That's what makes it honorable. Walking away from something. It's not honorable if you walk away with zero to lose.

I think he is signed through next year from what I can tell

We had defensive players jogging off the field with their heads down 5 min into the game - didn’t we just come off a bye week ?

This could be the most poorly prepared and coached team in the country . And they have no talent - our receivers can’t get open everyone is locking us down and we are getting completely destroyed at the line of scrimmage .

We can’t set the edge on defense with our dense or ends we are exhausted … blah blah blah

This is as bad as I’ve seen it since grob

We have no offensive line. Shrader can't throw because we don't block. Watching Petry, what a joke, you might as well let the defensive man through the way he and other offensive linemen move- what a waste. Terrible. Until we get some decent talent on our offensive line we'll have more of the same.

When he said after the Fla St game that the players were going to go home the next weekend and see their families when we had to play on a Thursday after that weekend, I knew it was over. They practiced Sunday, Monday, Tues, then traveled Wednesday. Three practices? It's certainly showing tonight.

I've given him the benefit of the doubt his entire career, but after this I'm out. I think he needs to go.

Lately, I can't get the story that Dino tells about his near death car accident experience out of my head. I've had a half dozen near death experiences myself, may be why. But Dino thinks that God has some purpose for him as the reason why. I simply thought I was really lucky. I have no idea if Dino is right or wrong, but if he's right, It's for damn sure football isn't the reason why!

Dino loves to say "faith is belief without evidence." Well, I don't believe anything without evidence. And the evidence is in! I've played football from Pop Warner through college and spent 5 years as a coach before returning to graduate school at Syracuse, my home town. What Dino did with his team this open week is inexcusable. After getting a shallacking for three weeks in a row, he had an off week to fix some things with his team. Instead, he sends his team back to their families to get some "home cooking." I wasn't aware home cooking was the cause for the terrible showing this team had. I believed, and still do, that Dino is the problem.

If Dino has any self respect, he would resign tout de suite! It's half time and I can't watch anymore.

For the first time in my Syracuse fandom, I don’t know if I’ll attend or watch another game this season. I’ve sat in the stands until the final whistle of lost seasons time and time again, but man this season feels different. This feels like absolute rock bottom. Our HC is in year 8 and we look as bad as we ever have, what is there to look forward to as long as Dino is still at the helm? I love this team and this university with all my heart, been in my family for generations, but I think I have to step out the rest of the way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom