Can't watch anymore of this. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Can't watch anymore of this.

I got nothing, I would get rid of everyone including Matt Park
Same here. We've had multiple threads on this forum if things the AD needs to fix including the HC and FB marketing/game day experience team.

I’m honestly considering not making the trip to Syracuse next weekend. I’ve got stuff to do around my house, which would be time better spent over watching breathtaking incompetency in person at the Dome.
I just came back to the board after turning off the game in the first quarter. I played computer games until about 11:00 and I was sure the game was over. At least under GRob they tried

We are really bad. I mean GRob bad

I got nothing, I would get rid of everyone including Matt Park
Parks does suck. I can’t listen to him. I never can follow the game listening to him. WAER all the way

I just came back to the board after turning off the game in the first quarter. I played computer games until about 11:00 and I was sure the game was over. At least under GRob they tried

We are really bad. I mean GRob bad
Here is the crazy thing Roger, believe it or not they really are trying and not quitting. The line talent on both sides of the ball is just so historically bad (injuries, portal, lack of recruiting, all of it) our skill guys are lacking, The program in general just doesn’t have money to compete in the New World and paradigm of college football, it is what it is man.

I reached this point with my alma mater several years ago with the realization that the factors that are faced are insurmountable to ever getting good again, as result it has been good for the sanity coming to that realization. I still go, still follow to a degree and for years and years hoped, and helped in every which way possible to get the program back on track, but it was just not enough and will never be. Same here.

Here is the crazy thing Roger, believe it or not they really are trying and not quitting. The line talent on both sides of the ball is just so historically bad (injuries, portal, lack of recruiting, all of it) our skill guys are lacking, The program in general just doesn’t have money to compete in the New World and paradigm of college football, it is what it is man.

I reached this point with my alma mater several years ago with the realization that the factors that are faced are insurmountable to ever getting good again, as result it has been good for the sanity coming to that realization. I still go, still follow to a degree and for years and years hoped, and helped in every which way possible to get the program back on track, but it was just not enough and will never be. Same here.
i hear you. but punting on 4th and 6 from the opponents side of the field when down 3 scores in the 4th quarter speaks about more than the talent of the PLAYERS. Thats an ineptitude/lack of a spine from the coach.

I don't want to pile on as I am not so emotionally attached to the football team as a lot of you are. However, I still watch every game. It's like the Bills. I root for them but it's not like when I watch my Giants. Anyways, you can see the talent discrepancy, even against a middling team like VT. It's possible they don't win another game this season, then the BOT might have a discussion. But I don't think people should stop supporting the program.
What program? This is not a program.

He should be fired before the weekend ends. I’ve never ever said that about a coach, but that game was such a complete and total embarrassment.

He’s stealing the school’s money at this point. Let some rando assistant finish the year as HC and start the search on Monday.

i actually fear for this team. it appears that they cannot protect themselves. forget the absurd penalties that have been around for several years. i think they are so out muscled all the time and getting hurt. i am not being critical now i actually am concerned for their well being.

This is true, but my counter would be Clawson at Wake. I think that’s what we can pray for. Someone like him.
duke is in the top 20-25. wake and duke have three things
;good, great academics, better weather.

i actually fear for this team. it appears that they cannot protect themselves. forget the absurd penalties that have been around for several years. i think they are so out muscled all the time and getting hurt. i am not being critical now i actually am concerned for their well being.

Which is funny because we’ve been told recruiting is so much better and we are bigger, faster, stronger than we’ve ever been. I guess the recruiting rankings that don’t mean anything are at least a better gauge

I normally agree with all your takes….

But when I see players laughing and joking on the sidelines, not hustling to make plays, walking on the field….

I have a hard time buying that they are trying.

And I can’t blame them, because their coaches aren’t trying either

Last edited:
I know agree with all your takes….

But when I see players laughing and joking on the sidelines, not hustling to make plays, walking on the field….

Are they trying? Yes. Are they focused and motivated? No. That is on Dino. There is no accountability, which breeds what we are seeing. He has created a culture where it is ok to fail.

I know agree with all your takes….

It might just be one of the stages of grief, the final one...acceptence.

Are they trying? Yes. Are they focused and motivated? No. That is on Dino. There is no accountability, which breeds what we are seeing. He has created a culture where it is ok to fail.

It’s killer to me to be on instagram seeing these guys share their “highlight reels” from last nights game….

Hate that aspect

Which is funny because we’ve been told recruiting is so much better and we are bigger, faster, stronger than we’ve ever been. I guess the recruiting rankings that don’t mean anything are at least a better gauge

The last four weeks, our guys legit look like they are running in molasses compared to their opponents. It's frighteningly bad. At least in the past, we've been small but fast. Now we're just small and slow - the worst possible combo. Just getting abused at almost every position across the field on offense and defense.

It’s killer to me to be on instagram seeing these guys share their “highlight reels” from last nights game….

Hate that aspect
Seriously? Unreal.

The last four weeks, our guys legit look like they are running in molasses compared to their opponents. It's frighteningly bad. At least in the past, we've been small but fast. Now we're just small and slow - the worst possible combo. Just getting abused at almost every position across the field on offense and defense.

Yeah and honestly it’s weird b/c I don’t think we have a roster full of amazing players but I don’t think we’re as bad as we look.

I don't know - effort didn't look maximized last night. Missed tackles and pass pro energy is a sign to me that people were not into it. Don't blame the players as they feed off the coaches and Long and Beck joined Dino last night in taking the evening off.

Yep, the boss is about to be fired and sending out their resumes.

In all honesty, I'd be shocked if Allen comes back to SU.
you have to assume anyone worth anything is gone. That's a given. The team will be completely stripped down next year and the next cast of characters are on other teams.

Allen, Gadsen, Wax, etc etc. Gonzo. This won't look the same at all and I think next year could be a 1-2 win season if it's stripped down completely. That's ok if we're rebuilding it to be a more stout operation that can withstand the changing of the leaves