Cards Better Not Sleep On The Shockers | Syracusefan.com

Cards Better Not Sleep On The Shockers

anomander

Living Legend
Follow the MVC pretty closely, and have been a fan of Marshall's ever since he was at Winthrop. He is a master motivator (some evidence in his pre game pep talks), and he will have this team feeling so slighted by game time they will come out swinging. Other then being a little smaller in the front court they match up fairly well. They aren't going to get out "toughed" by Louisville, and that should say something in it's own right. Tykelle Cotton is one of the better overall defenders in college ball. He has devastated whoever he has covered this whole tournament. I can see him checking either Siva, or Smith and if not take them out of the game, definitely slow them down a bit. Hall is a beast in the paint. He is one of the main reason they are one of the better rebounding teams in the tournament. This team isn't a fluke. They have dominated every game this tournament, besides the 2nd half against Ohio St. People are already talking like this game is over, but I am not discounting this team. Louisville has been rolling as of late, but this team has also shown that it can struggle to score at times, specifically not being able to knock down shots. Wichita St will easily be the best defensive team they have faced all tournament, and have the guards to handle their press. You also have to remember Kevin Ware was the 3rd guard they used and was a great on ball defender in the full court. Being able to rotate him, Smith, and Ware allowed L'ville to keep their guards fresh in the full court. He will be a pretty big loss. As for Syracuse I like our match up with Michigan, but if we can get by them our toughest match up of the tournament will be in either 1 of these 2 remaining teams.

Do the middle-aged women who are Shocker fans understand what the shocker hand sign means. I laugh my ass off in games when I see them sweating out free throws flashing the ole shocker.

I think it's possible they could hang with 'Ville, but not very likely. Cards too big, strong, fast...
Louisville 80
WSU 68

Do the middle-aged women who are Shocker fans understand what the shocker hand sign means. I laugh my ass off in games when I see them sweating out free throws flashing the ole shocker.
They don't like that?

Even their female cheerleaders do it.

I actually think Wichita st. might drop some pressure on Lville. Losing a third guard is a bigger issue than you might think...I'm not discounting Wichita st. The shockers have decent depth.

against the ville's pressure that baker kid can be lights out if he gets open looks too.

I actually think Wichita st. might drop some pressure on Lville. Losing a third guard is a bigger issue than you might think...I'm not discounting Wichita st. The shockers have decent depth.

i doubt losing ware will mean much on saturday but it will be huge in the championship game, especially against us. siva and smith struggle against our zone, theyre too little. i remember the 1st half of the BET championship smith was forcing alot and couldnt get any clean looks. ware was a huge factor in 2nd half. hate what happened to ware but it will be an advantage for us if we play them.

So do the cheerleaders, but I'm 100% sure they know what it means

Now, Mr. Rocklloyd, do you think "middle aged ladies" came into the world middle aged? You young whippersnappers are all alike!

This is even more awesome.
Laugh laugh laugh! The sad thing is, I'm defending middle aged women, and I'm not even middle aged any more. But I am young at heart, and I remember......

Laugh laugh laugh! The sad thing is, I'm defending middle aged women, and I'm not even middle aged any more. But I am young at heart, and I remember......

so whats the hand sign mean??? :cool:

so whats the hand sign mean??? :cool:
"Two in the pink, one in the stink," and they all know what it means even if they're 80. The difference is that the WSU fans extend their thumbs which creates a kind of W. The name "Shockers" is short for "Wheat shockers," whatever they are.

"Two in the pink, one in the stink," and they all know what it means even if they're 80. The difference is that the WSU fans extend their thumbs which creates a kind of W. The name "Shockers" is short for "Wheat shockers," whatever they are.
Took the words right out of my mouth!

thumb is up for self use:E-
those shockers play a mean game of naked twister

thumb is up for self use:E-
those shockers play a mean game of naked twister

Yes if done correctly you can use the thumb to rub the "little man in the boat"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics