Carey needs to start | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Carey needs to start

Status
Not open for further replies.
If not for Doley we're not even playing for the chance to be in the Elite 8. He, Battle and OB were far more important to SU's run in the tourney last year. You could make the case PC was a bigger contributor as well.

Context is impt here. The quote was Howard led us on our Sweet 16 run. He did contribute on defense but his overall play was well behind the others mentioned above.

frank was very key in the first 4 game. 12/3/2 vs marek 5/5/3 and pc 5/9/0

frank was very key vs msu. 13/2/1 vs marek 6/6/0 and pc 1/2/0

All 5 guys got it done.

And yes, Marek was the key to shredding Duke in the first half. That 8 minute stretch to end the half when he was out with 3 fouls(2 of them were “what the...” fouls), is where we lost the game. We were beating them the first 12 minutes soundly, and we beat them in the second half.

Not blaming Marek...just pointing out he was the key to our attack that game, and he went out of the game with fouls for the 8 minute stretch that cost us.

Frank was a role player as was Chukwu. I was happy with both of them last March. They did what they could.

Ya gotta admit MD had a very solid NCAAT and in fact had 13 in that Duke game. Like I said we're not even playing in the Duke game without his contributions.

You can go back to the WF win in the ACCT where he had a monster game with 20 points. A case could be made we don't make the Dance if we lose that game. He was a major factor in our resurgence at the end.

frank was very key in the first 4 game. 12/3/2 vs marek 5/5/3 and pc 5/9/0

frank was very key vs msu. 13/2/1 vs marek 6/6/0 and pc 1/2/0

I haven’t been the biggest Frank fan in his career, but I wouldn’t even think of denying him his role in last year’s tourney run.

He did his job and helped us win 3 games. He’ll always have that.

Hope he can get it together and do it again.

Ya gotta admit MD had a very solid NCAAT and in fact had 13 in that Duke game. Like I said we're not even playing in the Duke game without his contributions.

You can go back to the WF win in the ACCT where he had a monster game with 20 points. A case could be made we don't make the Dance if we lose that game. He was a major factor in our resurgence at the end.

Like I said...all 5 guys did their jobs.

Thankfully. Because by March we only had 5 guys. Plus that walk-on who came in and played D and got on that loose ball.

Thankfully. Because by March we only had 5 guys. Plus that walk-on who came in and played D and got on that loose ball.

my god i completely forgot we played a walk on vs MSU!!! What!! how did we win that game??

god i love being a cuse fan

I agree. Once again remember the context in terms of what I was responding to.

I hope so. The last “true point guard” we had was Tyler Ennis and he was a Top 25 recruit. While he was a good player, our offense averaged 62 ppg in the ACC that season and we flamed out in the 1st round. Gbinije led us to a Final Four and Howard led us to a Sweet 16 run. Michael Carter Williams led us to a FF run in 2013.
I tend to have a problem with using NCAAt results to represent things, but does this mean we'd be better off with Franklin Howard than Tyler Ennis?

Moans about cherry picking and then goes on to cherry pick certain stats when I used stats from the entire tournament. Then again you're the same guy that characterized his play this year as "solid". lol

You used fg %. But neglected points and steals as if they don’t matter. That’s absurd. He absolutely “led” us as the pg and with his defense. Howard has been “solid” in Acc play until the last two games.

my god i completely forgot we played a walk on vs MSU!!! What!! how did we win that game??

god i love being a cuse fan

this has been making its rounds today. just in case you havent seen it.

every time you want to complain about boeheim - just remember - i am 33 years old. THIRTY THREE. i have had 1 mutha fukin coach.

that is as special as it gets.

i've watched this video 10x today. ive also teared up 10x today. you do the math.

I tend to have a problem with using NCAAt results to represent things, but does this mean we'd be better off with Franklin Howard than Tyler Ennis?

Not sure but our offense was worse with Ennis

You used fg %. But neglected points and steals as if they don’t matter. That’s absurd. He absolutely “led” us as the pg and with his defense. Howard has been “solid” in Acc play until the last two games.

So if a guy scores 15 points on 6-23 shooting, is that impressive? I'd say FG % does matter.

this has been making its rounds today. just in case you havent seen it.

every time you want to complain about boeheim - just remember - i am 33 years old. THIRTY THREE. i have had 1 mutha fukin coach.

that is as special as it gets.

i've watched this video 10x today. ive also teared up 10x today. you do the math.
I'm 51. I have had 1 MF'in face.
Not so special. Longevity isn't everything.

So if a guy scores 15 points on 6-23 shooting, is that impressive? I'd say FG % does matter.

If he gets 3-4 steals and plays great defense then yes and doesn’t turn the ball over and we win then yes. Does he hit a big shot when we need it? Then yes.

If he gets 3-4 steals and plays great defense then yes and doesn’t turn the ball over and we win then yes. Does he hit a big shot when we need it? Then yes.

11 assists and eight turnovers. 13-40 from the field. He did his part and we won. But don't get carried away.

Not sure but our offense was worse with Ennis
That was a 25-0 team. Ennis was only one part of that offense. You don't think this current team would be better, and the 13-14 team worse if the players were swapped?

I'm 51. I have had 1 MF'in face.
Not so special. Longevity isn't everything.

it is when you are a random private school with nearly 0 tradition to have a coach for 1400+ games, creating tradition, winning a national champ. he was your coach from like 9 or 10 until 59 - he is nearly your entire memory, maybe every legit cuse memory you have.

if that isnt special to you. honestly - go root for someone else.

I need about 1 nanosecond to make that call. It confirms what I already suspected that you're struggling with that question.

Let us all know then. We averaged 62 ppg in Acc play with Ennis. Lost to Dayton in round 1.

it is when you are a random private school with nearly 0 tradition to have a coach for 1400+ games, creating tradition, winning a national champ. he was your coach from like 9 or 10 until 59 - he is nearly your entire memory, maybe every legit cuse memory you have.

if that isnt special to you. honestly - go root for someone else.
"go root for someone else" — priceless. Hallmark of a brilliant mind. Whatever. Reread my post. It was actually self-deprecating joke and said nothing about JB unless you just have to get your panties in a wad about the possibility of a JB slight.

That was a 25-0 team. Ennis was only one part of that offense. You don't think this current team would be better, and the 13-14 team worse if the players were swapped?

That 25-0 wasn’t very good. Ended the season terribly and we couldn’t score. Like I said, I’m not sure. Maybe. That team had Fair and Grant and Rak and Gbinije and Roberson.

Let us all know then. We averaged 62 ppg in Acc play with Ennis. Lost to Dayton in round 1.

And we won 28 games that year.

I wonder if there is any one else on this board that would take FH over Ennis?

But lately they've gone in very different directions. And if you look at Effective Field Goal Percentage (which factors in the value of made 3-point shots), Buddy still has an edge for the season after a very slow start.
View attachment 152570
based on this table, the real scandal is why the elf isn't braswell starting over oshae! i mean, come on! even an old fossil like bowheem should be able to see that

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors