Carey needs to start | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Carey needs to start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your first conclusion misses the mark just a leeeetle bit.
Your second and third statements aren't even English.
Your last statement makes complete sense, given what you were working with.

Go Cuse Zelda

And so therefore he had a better freshman year? You're hilarious. Are u here all week?

Who said that?
Your approach is highly simplistic. A lot of NCAAT results are about match-ups. ASU shouldn't have even been invited, they lost nearly every game they played down the stretch. That Dayton team we lost to was pretty damn good. They were one win away from the Final 4. And we lost by two points.

So? We beat Michigan State.

Well, the offense Ennis led was awful. Would you agree? His team flamed out. While the offense wasn’t great last year, it was better I believe. And Frank’s team made a decent run to the sweet 16. I think that’s better than winning 28 games and losing in the first round of the NCAA tournament.
I'm going to duck out of this, because it seems pointless, but seriously, can you not imagine how one player might affect things differently in a different context? Ennis was not wholely responsible for that offense. But, either way, that offense was good enough to go 25-0 and finish second in the ACC. A Howard-led offense has been mid-pack. Whatever. Wiki says the Ennis team won a game before losing to Dayton in the third round.

I really just don't understand the need to judge an entire season based on the last game, and further, to have each individual assessed based on a collective effort... again, in the last game. Maybe you could answer my Longley/Barkley (or substitute Ewing, if you need to be absolutely like-for-like) analogy. Which is the better player? Longley, because he's got rings?

Well, the offense Ennis led was awful. Would you agree? His team flamed out. While the offense wasn’t great last year, it was better I believe. And Frank’s team made a decent run to the sweet 16. I think that’s better than winning 28 games and losing in the first round of the NCAA tournament.
That offense was slow and deliberate. Maybe that was because JB tailored it to Ennis' strengths and freshmanness expectations, or maybe it did well with that scheme and JB continued it because it continued to win. I dunno. I just know that Ennis played with a different set of teammates than Howard, and Ennis alone was a far more efficient/effective player than Howard.

my god i completely forgot we played a walk on vs MSU!!! What!! how did we win that game??

god i love being a cuse fan

Lol. From what I remember we were holding the ball for 25 seconds and then passing the ball only to Battle for like the last 5 minutes of the game.

I'm going to duck out of this, because it seems pointless, but seriously, can you not imagine how one player might affect things differently in a different context? Ennis was not wholely responsible for that offense. But, either way, that offense was good enough to go 25-0 and finish second in the ACC. A Howard-led offense has been mid-pack. Whatever. Wiki says the Ennis team won a game before losing to Dayton in the third round.

I really just don't understand the need to judge an entire season based on the last game, and further, to have each individual assessed based on a collective effort... again, in the last game. Maybe you could answer my Longley/Barkley (or substitute Ewing, if you need to be absolutely like-for-like) analogy. Which is the better player? Longley, because he's got rings?

You’re right we won a game that year in the NCAAT.

Sorry man but 25-0 doesn’t mean much when you go 3-6 and flameout. The offense was terrible as well. My overall point was when we had a “true pg” we didn’t have a better offense than we do now. And Ennis was a Too 25 player. He didn’t run either.

this has been making its rounds today. just in case you havent seen it.

every time you want to complain about boeheim - just remember - i am 33 years old. THIRTY THREE. i have had 1 mutha fukin coach.

that is as special as it gets.

i've watched this video 10x today. ive also teared up 10x today. you do the math.

I can’t even fathom a Syracuse team coached by anyone other than Boeheim.

Hopkins is the only one I can kinda fathom. Because he was #2 for 15 years and coached 9 games.

A complete regime change? Gonna be a tough day.

That offense was slow and deliberate. Maybe that was because JB tailored it to Ennis' strengths and freshmanness expectations, or maybe it did well with that scheme and JB continued it because it continued to win. I dunno. I just know that Ennis played with a different set of teammates than Howard, and Ennis alone was a far more efficient/effective player than Howard.

I’d argue Ennis had a lot more talent to work with too. Right?

You’re right we won a game that year in the NCAAT.

Sorry man but 25-0 doesn’t mean much when you go 3-6 and flameout. The offense was terrible as well. My overall point was when we had a “true pg” we didn’t have a better offense than we do now. And Ennis was a Too 25 player. He didn’t run either.

We ran into a buzz saw in that Dayton team. They were one win away from the F4.

That 25-0 wasn’t very good. Ended the season terribly and we couldn’t score. Like I said, I’m not sure. Maybe. That team had Fair and Grant and Rak and Gbinije and Roberson.

Not enough shooting. Wasn’t the point guard and wasn’t the slashers/inside players.

We had Cooney running around like a nut for 25 seconds and putting up an off balance 3. Fair could make them if he was wide open and had 15 seconds to get them off. Gbinije wasn’t the Gbinije we remember, yet.

Not enough shooting. Wasn’t the point guard and wasn’t the slashers/inside players.

We had Cooney running around like a nut for 25 seconds and putting up an off balance 3. Fair could make them if he was wide open and had 15 seconds to get them off. Gbinije wasn’t the Gbinije we remember, yet.

That’s true and Rak was not SR Rak, but Grant and Fair were pretty good.

Last edited:
I'm gonna cry UNCLE. Enough for one night. You're one of a kind.

Thanks buddy. You missed the entire point of my initial post by the way, but that’s ok.

That’s true and Rak was not SR Rak, but Grant and Fair were pretty good.

IMO- very good PG, very good Forwards(neither of whom could really shoot the 3 - CJ was a 17 footer guy), decent SG, decent C, not enough off the bench.

That’s if we’re going by position.

We didn’t have enough outside shooting, ultimately. Put Southerland on that team and we’re probably a strong final four team.

Last edited:
I get your point but I wouldn't say 0 tradition. We went to the Final 4 the year prior to JB becoming the HC.

The prior coach left to go to Tulane.

Your point?

boeheim made the tradition at syracuse. sure there wasnt zero tradition but on a scale of 1-100 we were like a 20-25. and now we are a 98.

I get your point but I wouldn't say 0 tradition. We went to the Final 4 the year prior to JB becoming the HC.
Danforth coached another season after the Final Four run before leaving for Tulane.

Battle at point is looking good, Frank has shown in the past to be able to somewhat handle pressure. But we're going to need big improvement from JC and someone else for this not to be a problem next year as well.

One of the other curious things about this for me is that I could envision a scenario where Jalen just eviscerates Frank in practice every day. The lights are off, less pressure, and Frank is just doing his hand the ball to Tyus routine, and playing in slo-mo, and JC is running circles around him at times.

Which may be the first time where I've thought that, while also still feeling like you can't really play him.

As I said in the other Jalen thread, I do NOT envy JB on this one with this rotation of guards we have and how to best distribute the minutes. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom