Carmelo Anthony debate | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Carmelo Anthony debate

Is the criticism of Carmelo Anthony warranted?

• Yes

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • No

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters
The Knicks would also beat those caliber teams. The Bulls have maxed out at their potential.

Ok, but if that potential is best record in the east and eastern conference finals, well, that's pretty far ahead of where the Knicks are. They aren't as good as Miami, but no one in the East is. They're the second best team in the east, by far. I think the Knicks are a ways from them. (I'm assuming Rose comes back like the old Rose. If he doesn't, certainly disregard this.)

The big problem with Melo being a #2 guy is he is maxed out, which makes it harder to get a #1. (It's basically impossible for the Knicks and their cap situation)

The big problem with Melo being a #2 guy is he is maxed out, which makes it harder to get a #1. (It's basically impossible for the Knicks and their cap situation)
I think we can win a championship with Melo...but not with Melo AND Amare. Assuming this is what Amare is going to be, a square peg in a round hole who gets injured every playoffs and is incapable of playing defense (why should I think any different). I would literally give him away to clear the cap space at this point. That being said, I am intrigued by the possibiity of signing Nash to run the point. We have the "Big 3 frontcourt" under contract for what, 3 more years? I think Nash can play at a high level for at least 2 of those years. Nash running PnR with Amare and Chandler with Melo as the go to guy and secondary iso option off the pick n roll. That offense could be unstoppable.

I think we can win a championship with Melo...but not with Melo AND Amare. Assuming this is what Amare is going to be, a square peg in a round hole who gets injured every playoffs and is incapable of playing defense (why should I think any different). I would literally give him away to clear the cap space at this point. That being said, I am intrigued by the possibiity of signing Nash to run the point. We have the "Big 3 frontcourt" under contract for what, 3 more years? I think Nash can play at a high level for at least 2 of those years. Nash running PnR with Amare and Chandler with Melo as the go to guy and secondary iso option off the pick n roll. That offense could be unstoppable.

Yep, this is now consecutive years that Amare's been out for the playoffs.
Maybe bringing in Nash to mentor Lin and run the offense, will get the best out of Amare till his contract runs out.

Yep, totally understand that. No question that it's a huge part of the problem. He'll have to take number 2 money to win a championship IMO.

44cuse

I dont think Melo getting a max contract is a problem. Amare getting the max is the issue. If Amare was dumped this offseason the Knicks would still have $$$ for say D-Will.

I dont think Melo getting a max contract is a problem. Amare getting the max is the issue. If Amare was dumped this offseason the Knicks would still have $$$ for say D-Will.

It just makes it harder, generally speaking. It's not a huge deal, of course. The larger issue is definitely Amare, who is getting paid essentially the same amount of money and giving less production than Melo.

Melo looks awesome today. Just start sticking those elbow jumpers and he could get 40 today. His time to shine.

I tuned into the Playoffs and got a Free Throw shooting contest...how exciting!? The NBA sucks now, no hard fouls, no fighting, ticky tack everything. I used to love Playoff intensity but the refs have completely taken that away.

The refs started making a few bad calls and made it worse by continuing to make awful calls the last 8 mins of the quarter. This game is terrible. I really don't think the Heat are that good. No interior presence. These guys have no shot at beating OKC, the LAL or SA.

Melo looks awesome today. Just start sticking those elbow jumpers and he could get 40 today. His time to shine.

Melo buries his 40th point from three to put the knicks up with 40.9 left.

Well then...If Melo and Amare can play together like that then im all in on keeping these guys together!

Candy from a baby... now just take the next 3 in a row. If Melo and Amare play like they did today...they can do it. Mike Bibby just needs to step into a time machine.

Melo led the Knicks...and he is our best NBA player...cudos to him...now the Heat will win the series...will be at game with Knick back and Heat front shirt...

At times I watch Landry Fields and feel like my dream of playing in the NBA is still alive. :)
I really like Landry and he does so many good things that if he didnt shoot mortar at the rim he would be a good player. I literally cant believe how bad he shoots.

Melo led the Knicks...and he is our best NBA player...cudos to him...now the Heat will win the series...will be at game with Knick back and Heat front shirt...
Well since Miami has such a horrendous fanbase you should get heckled by the 60% of Heat fans behind you and the 40% of Knicks fans in front of you lol.

Great performance by Melo, aside from the Lebron-esque FT shooting down the stretch.

At least his performance gave the Knicks their first playoff win in forever.

Healthy lin shumpert and jeffries and this series wouldve gone 7, sucks but it is what it is. This team will be a top 4 seed next year if healthy and finally win a series or two.

One of the biggest plays of the game was when Anthony dove for the ball off a trap and rebound late. I think it was againt Wade he didn't get it but forced the heat into transition which forced a steal and a bucket the other way.

Anthony doesn't play any defense bullcrap that was the biggest defensive play of any knick in the 4th quarter.

One of the biggest plays of the game was when Anthony dove for the ball off a trap and rebound late. I think it was againt Wade he didn't get it but forced the heat into transition which forced a steal and a bucket the other way.

Anthony doesn't play any defense bullcrap that was the biggest defensive play of any knick in the 4th quarter.
When he wants to, Melo plays LEGIT defense. He gave Lebron fits when he covered him.

The knock on him is not that he is incapable of playing defense. It's that he doesn't consistently bring the effort on that end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom