Carmelo having a stellar game | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Carmelo having a stellar game

Melo just proved again why he is someone you'd rather have on your team than Lebron. He just makes it happen when it counts the most. Guy is just so clutch and makes others better, rather than being a selfish like Lebron.
Think we could trade Fields for Lebron straight up?

ive been on carmelo like white on rice all year.

However, I'll be the 1st to say - he has turned it around. His last 8 games (6-2) have been spectacular and last night proved he could/should be considered an nba elite superstar.

now its on him to prove it night in and night out.

Think we could trade Fields for Lebron straight up?

I wouldn't trade Shumpert for Lebron, straight up..if I were the Knicks. Lebron isn't a difference maker like Shump on the defensive end. You can have Fields though...he's a bum.

I wouldn't trade Shumpert for Lebron, straight up..if I were the Knicks. Lebron isn't a difference maker like Shump on the defensive end. You can have Fields though...he's a bum.

ha

Any chance the Knicks grab the 6th seed? They're 4 games back of ORL with a favorable schedule ahead:

NYK schedule:
@ CHI
@MIL
WAS
MIA
BOS
@ NJ
@CLE
@ ATL
LAC
@ CHA

Magic schedule:
DET
@ WAS
ATL
@ CLE
PHI
@ BOS
@ UTA
@ DEN
CHA
@MEM

I think it's too much to catch Orlando at th is point. More likely they would catch Boston. Most likely is they catch neither.

seriously what is Fields good for?
I dont understand how he is still starting. With Melo at the PF it basically comes down to double him or he will score. I would love to start Novak for spacing,, especially if Woodson shocks the world and brings Amare off the bench. JR Amare and Fields is a nasty bench. Baron Shumpert Novak Melo Chandler is a nightmare to defend.

If Amare does start then I have to believe Fields goes to the bench. Amare disrupts spacing enough,we dont need another player who is incapable of shooting from deep and misses free throws at a Shaq clip.

Am I the only one that's not impressed with ORL at all?

seriously what is Fields good for?

i was laughing at "i wouldnt trade shumpert for lebron s/u"

There isn't a person in the league, not 1 that i wouldnt trade for lebron s/u.

Question for you guys. If we get Amare back would you rather start him or bring him off the bench?

Im torn but leaning towards off the bench. We are the #1 defensive team under Woodson and have had no issues scoring really. Melo is beasting at the 4. Amare would come in to give Melo and Chandler rest. We know Amare could easily get hurt again and off the bench he would play the 10-15 min a game Melo rests and the 10-15 min a game Chandler rests allowing one of Melo Amare Chandler to be on the court at all times. Also this would allow Amare to be the focal point on offense when Melo is resting.

Any chance the Knicks grab the 6th seed? They're 4 games back of ORL with a favorable schedule ahead

I know the Celtics have been hot lately, but all the Knicks need to do is catch them and hold Philly off and they can secure a top 4 seed.

Any chance the Knicks grab the 6th seed? They're 4 games back of ORL with a favorable schedule ahead:

NYK schedule:
@ CHI
@MIL
WAS
MIA
BOS
@ NJ
@CLE
@ ATL
LAC
@ CHA

Magic schedule:
DET
@ WAS
ATL
@ CLE
PHI
@ BOS
@ UTA
@ DEN
CHA
@MEM

the magic are basically a lame duck team at this point. but their schedule is easier than the knicks. 4 games is a lot.

the knicks need to worry about making the playoffs first. it is a 3 team race that 2 teams make.

I know the Celtics have been hot lately, but all the Knicks need to do is catch them and hold Philly off and they can secure a top 4 seed.
I could definately see the Magic collapsing down the stretch especially if Howards back is an issue and were only 4 behind them. The Celtics are playing great but we do get a shot at them so we only need to make up 2 games on them. Getting out of the 7/8 spot is soooo huge. Our one weakness is pg and we could get Lin back if we get out of the first round. If we dont pleaseee give me Chicago over Miami.

NYK schedule:
@ CHI
@MIL
WAS
MIA
BOS
@ NJ
@CLE
@ ATL
LAC
@ CHA

Magic schedule:
DET
@ WAS
ATL
@ CLE
PHI
@ BOS
@ UTA
@ DEN
CHA
@MEM
Right now Howard's back is a mess and they are without Turkoglu and Anderson. They have some easy games coming up but maybe they drop one of DET @WAS @CLE and lose to ATL. After that there schedule is a monster. PHI @BOS @UTA @DEN CHA @MEM. They could drop a bunch towards the end.

Question for you guys. If we get Amare back would you rather start him or bring him off the bench?

Im torn but leaning towards off the bench. We are the #1 defensive team under Woodson and have had no issues scoring really. Melo is beasting at the 4. Amare would come in to give Melo and Chandler rest. We know Amare could easily get hurt again and off the bench he would play the 10-15 min a game Melo rests and the 10-15 min a game Chandler rests allowing one of Melo Amare Chandler to be on the court at all times. Also this would allow Amare to be the focal point on offense when Melo is resting.

I think Amare should come off the bench. Not sure if he will. I think we aren't going to see "good" Amare the rest of this year. I think he is going to settle for those elbow jumpers that are insanely frustrating to watch.

But the flip side to this is that we can't win four series in a row with Melo at the 4. Even if we get five minutes to start the game with Amare at the 4, it might be a help in the 4th quarter.

Either way, Novak and JR are going to have to hit way, way more shots than they did yesterday for the Knicks to have any shot at a deep playoff run.

For all the rumors about Phil and Cal about head coach, I really like what Mike Woodson has done. It seems like he has connected and motivated Melo, which is something that I don't think any other NBA coach really did (even Karl).

some realy crazy posts on this thread... Melo is playing better because he is somewhat healthy well at least moreso than he has them.

I think Amare should come off the bench. Not sure if he will. I think we aren't going to see "good" Amare the rest of this year. I think he is going to settle for those elbow jumpers that are insanely frustrating to watch.

But the flip side to this is that we can't win four series in a row with Melo at the 4. Even if we get five minutes to start the game with Amare at the 4, it might be a help in the 4th quarter.

Either way, Novak and JR are going to have to hit way, way more shots than they did yesterday for the Knicks to have any shot at a deep playoff run.

For all the rumors about Phil and Cal about head coach, I really like what Mike Woodson has done. It seems like he has connected and motivated Melo, which is something that I don't think any other NBA coach really did (even Karl).
I think we can win with Melo at the 4. I only worry about Miami because I dont know how Melo/Bosh works. Baron-Chalmers. Shump-Wade. Fields-Lebron. Melo-Bosh. Chandler-Anthony. However, hasnt Miami been going small too with LBJ at the 4? In that case it wouldnt be a problem.

some realy crazy posts on this thread... Melo is playing better because he is somewhat healthy well at least moreso than he has them.
Yes but you honestly dont think the spacing w/out Amare has helped?

i was laughing at "i wouldnt trade shumpert for lebron s/u"

There isn't a person in the league, not 1 that i wouldnt trade for lebron s/u.

Lebron is a great player...but a front-runner. When its a blow-out, he's as good as any who've ever played the game. But when a team punches back and it gets down to crunch time, no question he can't match the Kobe's, MJ's, DWade's, and yes...MELO's of the world.
He ran to Miami to avoid being THE MAN, and the last clutch shot he made was that 30-ft'er in Cleveland.
Until further notice, he is NOT a clutch player.

I could definately see the Magic collapsing down the stretch especially if Howards back is an issue and were only 4 behind them.

4 games back with 10 to play is a TON though. Boston has a tough schedule, they have a 5 game in 6 day stretch coming up, plus we play them. More likely to catch boston, though we still need to worry about making it.

I think I agree, and looking to next year, or whenever Lin comes back, I think you want Lin and Amare to be playing together as much as possible. Melo doesn't need a PG to set him up nearly as much as Stat does. But I don't think we're going to see anything close to a healthy stat this year.

He ran to Miami to avoid being THE MAN, and the last clutch shot he made was that 30-ft'er in Cleveland.
Until further notice, he is NOT a clutch player.

I feel like I can't help myself, but he made aton of clutch shots to close out Chicago last year.

4 games back with 10 to play is a TON though. Boston has a tough schedule, they have a 5 game in 6 day stretch coming up, plus we play them. More likely to catch boston, though we still need to worry about making it..
Howard is out tonight.

If we catch Orlando, it seems likely we catch Boston as well, and get a home series.
Boston is tough though. IMO the East is Miami, Chicago with an outside chance of the NYK or Celtics.. Indiana is solid but im not sold on them. ATL is what it is, they are decent but wont scare anyone. Orlando and Philly are trainwrecks. Milwaukee is playing better than those two.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom