Carmelo is 9-12 from 3pt land | Syracusefan.com

Carmelo is 9-12 from 3pt land

Great game from Melo tonight! They started to double him hard and he smartly moved the ball

He heard Nigeria was going through a drought...So he made it rain!

Not sure i love how he now takes 80% of his shots from 15+ feet...but its working for now!

Not sure i love how he now takes 80% of his shots from 15+ feet...but its working for now!
I just read this stat so I assume it is real, but he tied the Knicks record today with 20 or more points in 29 straight games. I didn't realize he had more than 20 in that Garnett game, but he must have.

Adam Zagoria@AdamZagoria
Melo has now scored 20+ points in 29 straight games, tying a #Knicks record.

Well two things with Amare back that pushes Melo even further from the basket and he gets fouled a lot on his drives so they are not counted as official FG attempts and that distorts the percentages.

Taking 26-29 shos per game, i sure hope he gets atleast 20 pts every night! He is basically option A B and C right now

Great game from Melo and he made a great move at the end for the game winner. He has been disappointing at times with his play at the end of games, like when I went to the Nets game last week but was good to see him make a great move to the basket. He has that ability all day but settles for jumpers too much though he doesn't usually get the calls other superstars do.

i was at the game; it was amazing. The threes came in bunches. He shot 7-8 from 3 between the last 3 minutes of the second qtr and the first 8 minutes of the third; so basically 7 threes in less than a quarter.

Dra-melo needs to cut the shlit and play smart.

that T was dumb, dumb, dumb.

its time to lead and to stop crying over every ticky tack non-call.

or in this instance...CALL. :bang::bang::bang:

Oh Lord

i was at the game; it was amazing. The threes came in bunches. He shot 7-8 from 3 between the last 3 minutes of the second qtr and the first 8 minutes of the third; so basically 7 threes in less than a quarter.
I don't recall seeing a player whose shooting can run as hot and cold in the same game. That was a stunning performance, particularly after he airballed his first 3-point attempt and missed his first four shots, I believe.

I also don't recall seeing a guy become such a proficient volume 3-point shooter in mid-career. He was just okay from out there while in Denver, but it always seemed he was just hoisting them up to keep the defenses honest. But since coming to NY, he's made the shot a legitimate weapon. Provided he can sustain this (and it appears he can), this will help him to remain an elite scorer late into his career.

Dra-melo needs to cut the shlit and play smart.

that T was dumb, dumb, dumb.

its time to lead and to stop crying over every ticky tack non-call.

or in this instance...CALL. :bang::bang::bang:

Oh Lord

The hit was no joke! Amare wears goggles because he took a hit like that and had to have a operation to reattach is retina, the doctors told him if he takes another hit on his eye like that he could be permanently blind in that eye. Plus it burns like hell one of the worse feeling ever!

The hit was no joke! Amare wears goggles because he took a hit like that and had to have a operation to reattach is retina, the doctors told him if he takes another hit on his eye like that he could be permanently blind in that eye. Plus it burns like hell one of the worse feeling ever!
all true, but whatever.

tie ball game, 1:51 left. you cant take a T there.

hes going to end up missing a game in april and/or the playoffs at this pace.

all true, but whatever.

tie ball game, 1:51 left. you cant take a T there.

hes going to end up missing a game in april and/or the playoffs at this pace.

He is an emotional dude sometime you have to take the good with the bad.

I just read this stat so I assume it is real, but he tied the Knicks record today with 20 or more points in 29 straight games. I didn't realize he had more than 20 in that Garnett game, but he must have.

Adam Zagoria@AdamZagoria
Melo has now scored 20+ points in 29 straight games, tying a #Knicks record.
Broke the record tonight.

I don't recall seeing a player whose shooting can run as hot and cold in the same game. That was a stunning performance, particularly after he airballed his first 3-point attempt and missed his first four shots, I believe.

I also don't recall seeing a guy become such a proficient volume 3-point shooter in mid-career. He was just okay from out there while in Denver, but it always seemed he was just hoisting them up to keep the defenses honest. But since coming to NY, he's made the shot a legitimate weapon. Provided he can sustain this (and it appears he can), this will help him to remain an elite scorer late into his career.

He seems to be following Vince Carter's trajectory. Where he stopped attacking the basket with abandon mid career and turned himself into a volume jump shooter. Melo is obviously 10x the player Vince was.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom