Carter-Williams | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Carter-Williams

Meh, there were a number of posters who found it sporting to attack people in one of those threads earlier in the week. It was out of line - purely personal attacks directed at a couple new posters who were sharing information that no one on this board seemed to have.

Granted, there were some personal attacks as you describe, but they weren't coming from CTO, which is what Cuse_MN is contending.

And I'm with you that attacking new posters is out of line. These days, however, it's probably a good idea to be wary about any information provided by a new poster who suddenly appears during times of trouble.

Granted, there were some personal attacks as you describe, but they weren't coming from CTO, which is what Cuse_MN is contending.

And I'm with you that attacking new posters is out of line. These days, however, it's probably a good idea to be wary about any information provided by a new poster who suddenly appears during times of trouble.

Yeah, I don't know who said what - I'd rather look away from the names when threads get ugly like that. In this case, the new messengers seemed easy to believe; they didn't show off any of the traits associated with pot-stirrers.

It turns out myself and the other 'new poster' turned out to be right. The truth will set you free

Mantonio, you think so? The average shoplifter doesn't get caught the first time. The store has overhead for security cameras and hiring 6'10" security personnel. Shrinkage is a huge problem...and it isn't just stealing. It is bad parents letting their brats destroy merchandise all the time in stores. I have no problem with them charging this...

They could at least donate a good percentage of the money to a nice charity in a show of good faith.

I was just pointing out contradictions. One moderator was adamant Spruill get kicked off the football team for non-criminal charges before any details came out and doesn't make a peep about MCW getting punished. Another moderator called someone truthfully reporting what happened a teenage mall rat to indict their credibility (feel free to keep arguing it wasn't done in a derogatory manner). I could point out many more people that were out of line, but the inconsistencies and contradictions from those expected to moderate are what I find ironic.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

I was just pointing out contradictions. One moderator was adamant Spruill get kicked off the football team for non-criminal charges before any details came out and doesn't make a peep about MCW getting punished. Another moderator called someone truthfully reporting what happened a teenage mall rat to indict their credibility (feel free to keep arguing it wasn't done in a derogatory manner). I could point out many more people that were out of line, but the inconsistencies and contradictions from those expected to moderate are what I find ironic.

What exactly are you expecting from the "moderators"... impartiality and no opinion? They aren't paid for being moderators, yet provide a service that helps enable this place to exist for the rest of us. They are fans and posters the same as you or me...maybe even a bit more fanatical than us.

As someone else said earlier in this thread, you should drop it. You are off base and barking up the wrong tree attacking CTO.

What exactly are you expecting from the "moderators"... impartiality and no opinion? They aren't paid for being moderators, yet provide a service that helps enable this place to exist for the rest of us. They are fans and posters the same as you or me...maybe even a bit more fanatical than us.

As someone else said earlier in this thread, you should drop it. You are off base and barking up the wrong tree attacking CTO.

Where were all these people defending one's right to have an opinion or make a statement on this board when the personal attacks were being doled out to those telling the truth of what they saw or had heard about MCW?

Consider it dropped.

Where were all these people defending one's right to have an opinion or make a statement on this board when the personal attacks were being doled out to those telling the truth of what they saw or had heard about MCW?

Consider it dropped.

Opinions are fine. Personal attacks aren't.

I have found this thread, diplomatically speaking, entertaining/interesting to say the least. I guess, in the end, some of us pre-schoolers apparently got the picture correct while connecting the dots...

I have found this thread, diplomatically speaking, entertaining to say the least. I guess, in the end, some of us pre-schoolers apparently got the picture correct while connecting the dots...

Congratulations. Here's a cookie.

He was going to go back to L&T and pay for the stuff after he went to Foot Locker... not sure what the big deal is here gang. Just a misunderstanding...

No problem with JB playing MCW.

MCW handled this privately with L&T. He paid $500, signed something, and from that point on, everything should stay between MCW and L&T.

No police were involved, no reports filed. At the end of the day, no harm no foul.

JB has no official report that he stole, and there should be no official report that he stole. Without any official report, JB has no business getting involved.

JB and MCW should talk, and I'm sure they have. Whatever JB decides to do should, and probably will, stay within the confines of the team. Without a public record of misbehaving, JB has no room for public punishment.

Any punishment is for an act that was committed. Not if the legal system did anything or not. He committed a crime. Doesn't matter what the legal system did or didn't do. Paying $500 to L&T doesn't wash away the fact he did it. It just means hr settled up with L&T, not JB.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

People will step up to defend CTO. Accusers of our own (e.g. MCW, BF), not so much.

A-L5H3QCIAEy4Vu.jpg:large

Did you actually pay attention to the words on my post?

I am not saying the money was not justifiably taken from Michael, I am saying the company should not have profited to the degree they did, because they didn't actually produce a product worth $500. At least a large portion of that money should have been given to a charity to show the appearance that this company wasn't doing an impropriety.

I am also not satisfied with governments using all of their traffic fine money on their own government budget. This type of money collection only invites corruption, causing the police to make illegal stops & charge people with crimes they didn't necessarily commit, only so they can collect more cash for the government coffers.
They also banned him from entering the store for 2 years. The nerve of them. How unfair. MCW should sue on the grounds that he was a good customer. If I read your post correctly, MCW is a profit center for the store. Lord and Taylor should invite everyone to shoplift so that the greedy capitalist owners can make unfair proifts and exploit the middle class. Shoplifting is just a capitalist comspiracy to mask an unfair profit center, Pure profit. Costs for security guards, surveillance and lost sales are of no consequence compared to excessive revenue earned by greedy capitalist pigs. How dare them think it is legitimate to charge shoplifters for more than the cost of the pilfered goods. Furthermore, the nerve of them to keep the fine. Kill the pigs. MCW was just exercising his right to redistribution - for each according to his needs. MCW is as deserving as any other human being. If he needs gloves and Lord and Taylor has gloves, what is the harm? No need for a fine. Redistribution is nothing more than social justice. Lord and Taylor is part of the evil 1%, that does not pay its fair share. We are all entitled to a share of their profits. Our taxes paid for the road that goes to their store.

They also banned him from entering the store for 2 years. The nerve of them. How unfair. MCW should sue on the grounds that he was a good customer. If I read your post correctly, MCW is a profit center for the store. Lord and Taylor should invite everyone to shoplift so that the greedy capitalist owners can make unfair proifts and exploit the middle class. Shoplifting is just a capitalist comspiracy to mask an unfair profit center, Pure profit. Costs for security guards, surveillance and lost sales are of no consequence compared to excessive revenue earned by greedy capitalist pigs. How dare them think it is legitimate to charge shoplifters for more than the cost of the pilfered goods. Furthermore, the nerve of them to keep the fine. Kill the pigs. MCW was just exercising his right to redistribution - for each according to his needs. MCW is as deserving as any other human being. If he needs gloves and Lord and Taylor has gloves, what is the harm? No need for a fine. Redistribution is nothing more than social justice. Lord and Taylor is part of the evil 1%, that does not pay its fair share. We are all entitled to a share of their profits. Our taxes paid for the road that goes to their store.

AGAIN, I am not absolving MCW of any wrong doing. He did wrong, & paid the price. However, business needs to make an honest profit, not take all the money & provide much less service for the profit. You are completely misunderstanding the issue here. Where did I say Michael should be let off without punishment?

I also have a problem with government collecting truckloads of traffic fines for their coffers, making far too much in fees for the service they provide. There is no accountability for our leadership in these areas.

Your rant about redistribution of wealth is preaching to the choir. Go convert a communist, you'll get better mileage out of your speech...

If the LP staff did a better job of stopping loss, they wouldn't have to charge $500 to cover the cost of surveillance & merch loss... Maybe Lord & Taylor needs to train their people better.

If the LP staff did a better job of stopping loss, they wouldn't have to charge $500 to cover the cost of surveillance & merch loss... Maybe Lord & Taylor needs to train their people better.

And if people did a better job living by society's rules, then we wouldn't need security, prices would fall across the board, and the world would be all lollypops and rainbows. Jeesh.

I don't think you have any idea how many people try to steal items from a department store on an hourly basis.

Remember that thread on the football board about how bad the basketball board is?

This thread is more or less exhibit A, unfortunately (and I say that as someone who has participated in this thread).

Dude, L&T got what the law said they are entitled to. If you think its wrong, take it up with the NYS legislature. The lack of undsertanding how stuff works
amazes me
Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

And if people did a better job living by society's rules, then we wouldn't need security, prices would fall across the board, and the world would be all lollypops and rainbows. Jeesh.
I think his post was sarcastic. There's no way someone can really feel to way.