Carter-Williams | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Carter-Williams

I think L&T charging $500 hush money is a crime in itself. They should at least donate ALL the money to a charity, especially since this fine is 100% pure profit.
Mantonio, you think so? The average shoplifter doesn't get caught the first time. The store has overhead for security cameras and hiring 6'10" security personnel. Shrinkage is a huge problem...and it isn't just stealing. It is bad parents letting their brats destroy merchandise all the time in stores. I have no problem with them charging this...

WWAD? in mayberry opie would sit it out for a week. sends a message. i'll lose a little respect for JB if mcw suits up.

Someone with a sharp memory tell me - when was the last time JB suspended a player at his own discretion without the NCAA or judicial board getting involved?

Definition of "mallrat" via Urban Dictionary:

A mallrat is a person who spends a long time in a mall (or 'shopping centre' for the British). Especially if the primary intention is not actually shopping. This tends to be young teenagers/preteens, mooching in groups/cliques. Retired people sometimes do this too (in a different way) since they have nothing else to do. Equivalents of this exist for the high street (streetrats?), the park and other places where people 'hang'. This behaviour is caused by:
1. A lack of other things to do in a boring town.
2. A lack of funds, preventing actual activity (like films), but a wide and active social circle.
3. A broken or otherwise annoying home that must be escaped from.
4. School holidays devoid of actual vacationing/activity/homework, creating a sudden excess of free time.
5. Apathy; a lack of motivation, education, employment, a need for distraction in these circumstances.
6. Simply the desire to meet friends in a convenient place.

Also defined as:

One who goes to a mall with no shopping agenda
Mallrats usually know everything that's going around in the mall (I,e: when the Easter bunny stand comes up) and knows about everything about the mall (what stores going where how long a store has been there and what store was there before that store)

So basically, CTO is saying this is someone who hangs out at the mall. The nerve!

Right, it was a kind, gentle comment, just a silly little joke. I won't spend the time finding it, but it was an attempt to discredit a person and an attempt to call people who believed the woman stupid. I saw the picture and immediately thought it was MCW. If I cared to take the time, I think he had the exact same outfit w/ backpack on in a picture from the PS from a recruiting trip is why I thought it was him for sure. But sure I'm dumb for believing it was him and the woman telling the truth of what she saw must have "a lack of education" to use your absurd post. Defend all you want, it was an unjustified comment simply done to defend an athlete of the program. Many people on this board were flat out wrong. People attacked mike waters and his professionalism. Even in hindsight I don't get how some of the comments were justified. Again, I'm not in a place to be a hypocrite and judge MCW, I've done lots of bad things and learned. Maybe thats why I don't judge other people and call others stupid for believing what a woman in the mall actually saw. By all appearances, MCW was caught stealing then lied to the press, his coach and his parents. History has shown the coverups are worse than the crimes. The kid will learn, but the attempt by some here to coverup his actions by attempting to discredit people now makes their credibility and integrity questionable.

Someone with a sharp memory tell me - when was the last time JB suspended a player at his own discretion without the NCAA or judicial board getting involved?

Chairgate?

WWAD? in mayberry opie would sit it out for a week. sends a message. i'll lose a little respect for JB if mcw suits up.
I think the punishment will be seeing MCW in Orange next year .

Right, it was a kind, gentle comment, just a silly little joke. I won't spend the time finding it, but it was an attempt to discredit a person and an attempt to call people who believed the woman stupid.

1) A large number of folks think it is a good idea for 7-year-olds to run unsupervised around the Dome floor during a game.

2) Some "radio personality" named Mike Lindsley thinks it's a legitimate news story because 50 people re-tweet what an anonymous teenaged mall rat says she saw (with no corroboration from anyone else).

Some days I almost yearn for the return of Bernie Fine .... Not really, but those two threads were just mind-boggling.

Pretty freaking vicious! Oh Lord

Right, it was a kind, gentle comment, just a silly little joke.

No, it wasn't - go back and read what you wrote.

I won't spend the time finding it, but it was an attempt to discredit a person and an attempt to call people who believed the woman stupid. I saw the picture and immediately thought it was MCW. If I cared to take the time, I think he had the exact same outfit w/ backpack on in a picture from the PS from a recruiting trip is why I thought it was him for sure. But sure I'm dumb for believing it was him and the woman telling the truth of what she saw must have "a lack of education" to use your absurd post. Defend all you want, it was an unjustified comment simply done to defend an athlete of the program.

You are now the arbiter of what is justified and what is not. oooooooookay

Many people on this board were flat out wrong. People attacked mike waters and his professionalism. Even in hindsight I don't get how some of the comments were justified. Again, I'm not in a place to be a hypocrite and judge MCW, I've done lots of bad things and learned. Maybe thats why I don't judge other people and call others stupid for believing what a woman in the mall actually saw. By all appearances, MCW was caught stealing then lied to the press, his coach and his parents. History has shown the coverups are worse than the crimes. The kid will learn, but the attempt by some here to coverup his actions by attempting to discredit people now makes their credibility and integrity questionable.

For the last time, mall rat is not a bad thing. What is attempting to discredit someone is calling CTO 'a dumb arss moderator'. Stay classy.
Take a brief vacation,dude. You're on an island here.

I hate when the cops catch me speeding and get a couple hundred bucks free and clear. Stinking thieves.

Trying to steal and getting caught and then NOT being punished (like, you know, via fine) will never dissuade someone from trying again. After all, if they don't make you pay (in this case literally) for your actions, how will you ever learn that you probably shouldn't do it?

Did you actually pay attention to the words on my post?

I am not saying the money was not justifiably taken from Michael, I am saying the company should not have profited to the degree they did, because they didn't actually produce a product worth $500. At least a large portion of that money should have been given to a charity to show the appearance that this company wasn't doing an impropriety.

I am also not satisfied with governments using all of their traffic fine money on their own government budget. This type of money collection only invites corruption, causing the police to make illegal stops & charge people with crimes they didn't necessarily commit, only so they can collect more cash for the government coffers.

Did you actually pay attention to the words on my post?

I am not saying the money was not justifiably taken from Michael, I am saying the company should not have profited to the degree they did, because they didn't actually produce a product worth $500. At least a large portion of that money should have been given to a charity to show the appearance that this company wasn't doing an impropriety.

I am also not satisfied with governments using all of their traffic fine money on their own government budget. This type of money collection only invites corruption, causing the police to make illegal stops & charge people with crimes they didn't necessarily commit, only so they can collect more cash for the government coffers.
Then the whole thing should of been hush money and there wouldn't be any threads about this stupid act .

Maybe it wasnt mcw maybe it was his twin from spain Miguel Cartier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MCW - " I was a victim of circumstance"

ngbbs509949cfc0968.jpg

No problem with JB playing MCW.

MCW handled this privately with L&T. He paid $500, signed something, and from that point on, everything should stay between MCW and L&T.

No police were involved, no reports filed. At the end of the day, no harm no foul.

JB has no official report that he stole, and there should be no official report that he stole. Without any official report, JB has no business getting involved.

JB and MCW should talk, and I'm sure they have. Whatever JB decides to do should, and probably will, stay within the confines of the team. Without a public record of misbehaving, JB has no room for public punishment.

And yet many on this board wanted spruill kicked off football team for something far less serious criminally. Hypocrisy is rampant here. Personally, i hate hypocrites. MCW stole some shtt, it was obvious from day one, yet we had one dumb arss moderator call the girl talking about FACTS a "mall rat.". That person should apologize as she is lower than a mall rat in my mind to call people out for the truth. This board is like history, only the people that control what is said get their side to stay a part of history over time and yet the moderators here are either hypocrites or so completely out of touch with reality they call people that happen to be in a mall and see a crime "rats:". Sham, shame, shame. Imagine this post gets deleted but some of the people sitting in the ivory tower deciding what can be posted here need to look in a mirror. Frankly, its sad.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

The difference in the board response to this and the Spruill story is remarkable. I don't know how to account for it. Mixed opinions and "we've all done dumb things" for Mike; Spruill, on the other hand, got pilloried for an offense whose details seemed hazy (at best).

I don't recall making up fantasies that it wasn't him, and even if one assumed it was him, the facts about the situation certainly weren't clear at the time (and still aren't entirely clear). I really don't understand your anger or what you're trying to accomplish here.

Meh, there were a number of posters who found it sporting to attack people in one of those threads earlier in the week. It was out of line - purely personal attacks directed at a couple new posters who were sharing information that no one on this board seemed to have.

I think JB has most always taken the view that he's not going to hold guys accountable for the things that they do that don't directly impact there athletic performance. He's never been big on dishing out discipline that involves missing games. Whether he does something behind the scenes or just feels that MCW's payment of the $500 penalty and public outing at a petty thief is punishment enough I couldn't say. On the flip side maybe there is the possibility that JB ain't going to let anything interfere with the games that have to be played. I seem to remember Andre Hawkins playing in and starting every game in his college career.

You're right.

Boeheim once defended his decision not to punish a very visible member of the 1987 team who committed a serious offense by saying that a.) the only punishment he could mete out would be a reduction in playing time; b.) a reduction in playing time would make it more difficult for the rest of the team to win games; and c.) it would not be fair to the rest of the team to effectively punish them for another player's misdeed.

This logic is so similar to that quote we read in the Waters piece yesterday that I laughed out loud when I saw it. He's consistent.

Can someone explain to me what could possibly be the "misunderstanding" MCW is referring to? And if this was your kid and he said, "Oh, total misunderstanding." You'd be cool with that? I wish all of you were my parents.

I'm not going to vilify MCW for making a mistake. What I am going to suggest is that the vast amount of people who literally want to call this a "misunderstanding" despite the fact that it looks like a pretty cut and dry case of shop-lifting/saving your a$$ after getting caught are exactly why so many kids have zero accountability.

Seriously? How a single person here would have a problem with this kid being in street clothes vs. Alcorn State and Detroit is beyond me. He's not a hardened criminal. It's not the biggest deal in the world. There might even be some sort of justification somehow for it. But ultimately it was a horrible decision and when you make horrible decisions, you generally need to live with the fact that there will be some consequences.

And I defend JB on almost everything and question him on almost nothing. His comment and logic is absolutely pitiful in this instance. It's frankly insulting.
No guys, it really was a misunderstanding. It makes perfect sense that MCW brought a big robe and gloves into a dressing room, because it's not like you can try those on anywhere. While he was in there the items accidently fell in his backpack, got shoved in and zippered shut. Duh.

I'm stumped.

Mike Edwards and his hammer attack of someone's Jeep?