Cashman comparing Martin to Munson? | Syracusefan.com

Cashman comparing Martin to Munson?

CaliCuse

All American
OK same body type and both are faster than average catcher but Thurmond could hit the ball to right field like old Lou Pinella. Just reach out and place the ball in the hole over the infielder's head Munson had the audacity to kill himself on my birthday. After a dinner with friends coming home to that news was a mood killer for damn sure. Number 15 was one of my favorites for sure and my wife's as well. His ego got him killed by trying to fly a plane way over his skill level against all kinds of warnings about the plane.:(

Martin plays hard every play like Munson. Other than that Thurm was HOF. Martin is more like Girardi without the fancy education.

ummm no
No what His ego killed him as sure as that plane couldn't fly after he was told that particular plane was extremely temperamental and difficult to control. He was a great player but he was only human and his self confidence in that part of his life was lethal.ASsk his wife Diane. She knows that Thurmond was over his head in that that jet.Everyone knew except Thurmond himself.

No what His ego killed him as sure as that plane couldn't fly after he was told that particular plane was extremely temperamental and difficult to control. He was a great player but he was only human and his self confidence in that part of his life was lethal.ASsk his wife Diane. She knows that Thurmond was over his head in that that jet.Everyone knew except Thurmond himself.

ummm no - though I like him, Martin is no Munson.

Thurman didn't know either.

Hard to believe he's been gone for more than 30 years already...... @$%%@#, I'm getting old.

Hard to believe he's been gone for more than 30 years already...... @$%%@#, I'm getting old.
you're getting old? i went to college with thurm, although he was older -- by a year.

i'm admittedly a bit biased, but i believe thurm, his career-shortened stats aside, is cooperstown worthy. he was a bad mothafugger.