Cater sentenced | Syracusefan.com

Cater sentenced

sad... kid had a great chance to be a player for us...

The defense lawyer said it was unlikely Cater would ever seek to apply to return to SU. But he said a number of colleges - primarily in the south - are looking at Cater as a football prospect once he's out of prison.

A little prison time is a prerequisite to play in the SEC.

i am wondering what southern teams are looking at him?

i cant imagine it would be any d1 schools but who knows

These stories of kids from bad backgrounds who make bad decisions and totally %&$* up their lives always capture my attention. On one hand, it's sickening that a kid was given a shot at a very valuable (and free) education tosses it away for no good reason. On the other, you want to believe that a kid can be given help to see the error of his ways, and put on the right path. (Historical results seem to contradict that possibility, however.) And then I think about kids like Cody Catalina. Good football player. Gets and education, and receives absolutely a horrible break. But Saturday, there he was on the sideline, doing what he must love, helping others learn, and likely carving out a career for himself coaching football.

I am still pissed off about this. Talk about a completely wasted opportunity. DAMN...

I'm just unmoved by someone who f's up a free meal.

Like Judge Smails said, ""Well, the world needs ditchdiggers, too!"

I guess I still had him checked off on my recruiting Hotlist from Another Place, as I got an e-mail about it. Figures that they'd use this to post some SU-related content on home page.

The real loser in all this is his child.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom