Cater sentenced | Syracusefan.com

Cater sentenced

sad... kid had a great chance to be a player for us...

The defense lawyer said it was unlikely Cater would ever seek to apply to return to SU. But he said a number of colleges - primarily in the south - are looking at Cater as a football prospect once he's out of prison.

A little prison time is a prerequisite to play in the SEC.

i am wondering what southern teams are looking at him?

i cant imagine it would be any d1 schools but who knows

These stories of kids from bad backgrounds who make bad decisions and totally %&$* up their lives always capture my attention. On one hand, it's sickening that a kid was given a shot at a very valuable (and free) education tosses it away for no good reason. On the other, you want to believe that a kid can be given help to see the error of his ways, and put on the right path. (Historical results seem to contradict that possibility, however.) And then I think about kids like Cody Catalina. Good football player. Gets and education, and receives absolutely a horrible break. But Saturday, there he was on the sideline, doing what he must love, helping others learn, and likely carving out a career for himself coaching football.

I am still pissed off about this. Talk about a completely wasted opportunity. DAMN...

I'm just unmoved by someone who f's up a free meal.

Like Judge Smails said, ""Well, the world needs ditchdiggers, too!"

I guess I still had him checked off on my recruiting Hotlist from Another Place, as I got an e-mail about it. Figures that they'd use this to post some SU-related content on home page.

The real loser in all this is his child.