Cause for Concern | Syracusefan.com

Cause for Concern

Crusty

Living Legend
So far this season we have not played a complete game on both sides of the ball. Moreover, both have had what can only be called horrible outings.
While our offense is dangerous and can strike quickly, they have been mostly unimpressive.
The OLine seems hopeless. No push, no consistent protection and lots of very bad play.
The passing game is still not clicking after 5 games, 2 of which were against less than stellar opponents.
The play calling seems less than inspired and predictable for long stretches.
The only bright spot has been our ability to throw the long ball.
The defense is inconsistent and has turned in a remarkable head scratching clunker against a unremarkable Maryland team.

Are we better than we have shown so far or are we just a very average team. Wish I knew.

One thing seems certain, if TD is injured, we are in big trouble. Hopefully, there is nothing serious and the bye week provides enough time to heal.

The Holy Cross game leaves us with more questions than answers and a great many concerns.

We look like a bottom feeder in the ACC at this point. That Maryland loss could be chalked up to a fluke IF we played better in the other games but we haven’t especially the OL. The offensive line play is bottom P5 bad and I think the coaching and player development should be rightly questioned at this point. This is just gonna be a killer the rest of the way. Let’s hope that heckel and bear are the second coming.

It feels like on both sides of the ball we look to hit a HR every play. The prior three years are similar. That will give you big plays but you will never be consistent that way. Can’t hit the HR every play. Also you’ll strike out quite a bit.

The most concerning thing for me today was the lack of a run game vs a team that couldn’t stop the run .
Absolutely no consistent push from the offensive line against a weak FCS program. Also way and I mean way too much pressure on the quarterback also. I hate to say it but the offensive line is not getting any better. Not a good sign.

Yes

So far this season we have not played a complete game on both sides of the ball. Moreover, both have had what can only be called horrible outings.
While our offense is dangerous and can strike quickly, they have been mostly unimpressive.
The OLine seems hopeless. No push, no consistent protection and lots of very bad play.
The passing game is still not clicking after 5 games, 2 of which were against less than stellar opponents.
The play calling seems less than inspired and predictable for long stretches.
The only bright spot has been our ability to throw the long ball.
The defense is inconsistent and has turned in a remarkable head scratching clunker against a unremarkable Maryland team.

Are we better than we have shown so far or are we just a very average team. Wish I knew.

One thing seems certain, if TD is injured, we are in big trouble. Hopefully, there is nothing serious and the bye week provides enough time to heal.

The Holy Cross game leaves us with more questions than answers and a great many concerns.

The most concerning thing for me today was the lack of a run game vs a team that couldn’t stop the run .
It’s almost as if the line is instructed NOT to get a push. As if it’s part of some unorthodox blocking scheme. It’s unreal.

After today’s performance I am actually dropping my expectations for the rest of the season. Coming into this week I still saw enough glimmers, and have enough hope that getting injured guys back would fill some holes. but after watching this OL struggle again, I am just hoping that we sneak into a bowl . I did think with how horrible our conference is and remaining schedule being so weak. I thought we could still get 8, maybe even 9. Not any longer. Something just seems off with this team . Hopefully the bye week helps a great season is still achievable .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom