Class of 2017 - CB Aapri Washington (NC) Committed Buffalo | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 CB Aapri Washington (NC) Committed Buffalo

Really? Running back? That's interesting, I've never considered that. I'm not sure he's big enough to play RB at the D1 level, I mean I get nervous when Erv plays RB and he's bigger than Aapri. I really want a shut down corner, I think he fits the bill.

Shut down corners are great but in the Tampa 2 defense we are going to run it requires tall rangy DB's and Aapri is about 5'7" or 5'8" from the measurables I have seen.

Notice they are offering all DB's over 6'.

Coach McCloud was by MIC this week and I was told he was pleasantly surprised by Aapri's size. It will be interesting to see if an offer from the new staff is soon to follow.

Shut down corners are great but in the Tampa 2 defense we are going to run it requires tall rangy DB's and Aapri is about 5'7" or 5'8" from the measurables I have seen.

Notice they are offering all DB's over 6'.

They offered Harrison Hand and he is only listed at 5'11

I listed myself as having a 4.2 40 yard dash.

I think I put more faith in the fact that kids do keep growing. ;)

Edit: And to make it more interesting he is listed on the MICs roster at 5'10

Last edited:
I think I put more faith in the fact that kids do keep growing. ;)

Edit: And to make it more interesting he is listed on the MICs roster at 5'10

Just saying that you can't believe everything. If he was really that height and these sources and sites had actually measured instead of relying on how tall people think he is or what he says he is, they would all be the same and correct.

I remember when Donte Greene was listed at 7' and at the NBA combine he was really 6.9".

Just saying that you can't believe everything. If he was really that height and these sources and sites had actually measured instead of relying on how tall people think he is or what he says he is, they would all be the same and correct.

I remember when Donte Greene was listed at 7' and at the NBA combine he was really 6.9".
OK. How about the eye test? Eason was listed at 5'7. Aapri looks taller to me and this was last year. Eason measured at Nike camp at 5'8 without shoes.

I would take Washington before I would Hand. Appri is known for his speed "4.39 " and he is a cover corner. Check out their offer sheets.

I would take Washington before I would Hand. Appri is known for his speed "4.39 " and he is a cover corner. Check out their offer sheets.
It's always good to have hand.

OK. How about the eye test? Eason was listed at 5'7. Aapri looks taller to me and this was last year. Eason measured at Nike camp at 5'8 without shoes.

Just for the sake of argument, I am 5'11" and 1/4 inch but when I put on my Nike Air Cross Trainers I am a hair shy of 6'1".

I wouldn't mind getting him at all just saying, everything from any of these sites has to be taken with a grain of salt.

One of the greatest cornerbacks in the history of football Darrell Green was only 5-8 in bare feet and 184 lbs Washington Redskins. In the Hall of Fame. Best 40 was 4.43. Art Monk said he was glad to only have to go up against him in practice and not before a live audience. He was a relative unknown coming from Div 2 Texas AM Kingsville.
Height helps. It helps hide coverage weaknesses. When you are short you cannot make any mistakes and you better have some ups like crazy. With Green it was all about timing and technique. By his 5th year he knew after 2 or 3 steps what route the receiver was running......

One of the greatest cornerbacks in the history of football Darrell Green was only 5-8 in bare feet and 184 lbs Washington Redskins. In the Hall of Fame. Best 40 was 4.43. Art Monk said he was glad to only have to go up against him in practice and not before a live audience. He was a relative unknown coming from Div 2 Texas AM Kingsville.
Height helps. It helps hide coverage weaknesses. When you are short you cannot make any mistakes and you better have some ups like crazy. With Green it was all about timing and technique. By his 5th year he knew after 2 or 3 steps what route the receiver was running...
Green ran 4.43 when he was 50 years old! In his prime he was in the high 4.2 range and was considered the fastest man in the NFL. He won the NFLs fastest man competition 3 times. He beat Olympic sprinters like James Jett, Ron Brown and Willie Gault in some of those events.

Height helps. It helps hide coverage weaknesses. When you are short you cannot make any mistakes and you better have some ups like crazy. With Green it was all about timing and technique. By his 5th year he knew after 2 or 3 steps what route the receiver was running...

Always makes me think of this.

tt32udnflfastestman.jpg