That would give us

Cordy
Washington
Dawson
Dowels
Praeter
Howard
Hudson

That stands at 7, and I feel like I am missing somebody else. Is the staff seeing a flip of one of ours is possible and is trying to negate that? Or do we actually bring in 7 + DBs?

I'm still curious if we won't end up seeing Nas @ RB. The guy has the goods to be a very good RB if the coaches decide to go that way.

Would we honestly take both?

That would give us

Cordy
Washington
Dawson
Dowels
Praeter
Howard
Hudson

That stands at 7, and I feel like I am missing somebody else. Is the staff seeing a flip of one of ours is possible and is trying to negate that? Or do we actually bring in 7 + DBs?

Well our last years roster (2013/2014) has:

2 safeties - 1 sr and 1 jr
7 CB's - 3 sr and 1 jr
7 DB's - 2 jr and 4 walk ons

Not to mention that Dawson may need some recovery time and that leaves you with yes, I believe we would take 7 without any flips.

I'm still curious if we won't end up seeing Nas @ RB. The guy has the goods to be a very good RB if the coaches decide to go that way.

This. With only Erv committed and his qualifying status very iffy keeping Howard at RB would be a really really good idea.

we'll take as many DB;s as we need.

Lets not forget about Whighams' future status either. I don't care what he may have tweeted.

agreed, between Dawson's and Whigham's health situations, Dowels being a bit up in the air academically, and the possibility of Howard going back to RB, they can take both kids

BeiXL-GCEAACfdZ.jpg:large

Antwan Cordy ‏@CORDYKID1 33m
After graduation I'm out to a whole new lifestyle new home new everything new people collegeBound D1✈✈ ima miss everybody tho
Antwan Cordy ‏@CORDYKID1 33m
S/O to Syracuse tho

Sounds like we might be securing that package deal after all...

anybody know how many spots we have left to fill. I mean official slots, so not counting a guy like Ishmael who by all accounts is ours, but isn't yet official. Can't imagine its more than 5-6 slots

Ishmael
Cordy
Washington
Ward
Thomas/Watson (both? if we get the breaks?)

That seems to be our top targets for the remaining slots.

DB's speed are always good for special teams for a couple years while the depth chart figures itself out.
STs are often forgotten until kick and punt coverage breaks down. I always admire the gunners getting down there and keeping things under control early in the play rather than back up field.

anybody know how many spots we have left to fill. I mean official slots, so not counting a guy like Ishmael who by all accounts is ours, but isn't yet official. Can't imagine its more than 5-6 slots

Ishmael
Cordy
Washington
Ward

I've heard of "package deals" but I don't recall ever seeing one materialize in actuality. I think its a myth.

Ishmael
Cordy
Washington
Ward

Washington is not a 'top target'. Major backup plan

CaliCuse said:
I've heard of "package deals" but I don't recall ever seeing one materialize in actuality. I think its a myth.

Shamarko was a part of a package deal, I think.

Respectfully, I'll disagree. I'll take a first team All-State player from Florida.
Yes, not a top target, but not a B lister either. Cordy's been in our recruiting picture for awhile now, but he too, has never been a top target of ours. If Washington and Cordy are part of a major backup plan, neither are bad alternative options. As far as Washington, he had a steller sr season. Earning first team Fla all-state at his class level is probably well deserved. However, he's only rated a two star prospect by both Ryvels and Skowt, a clear example of how flawed these services are. I'd rather trust the opinions of the Fla HS coaches and beat reporters who determine the state's best players up close and personally.

whoops, had demetrius johnson on my mind and somehow got that confused with washington. i'll take a lap.

Ok, I was going to say, all the chatter around Washington/Cordy the last few days makes me think they are near the tippy top of our list as time winds down.