Class of 2014 - CB Antwan Cordy (FL) Offered | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 CB Antwan Cordy (FL) Offered

Sounds like we might be securing that package deal after all...

anybody know how many spots we have left to fill. I mean official slots, so not counting a guy like Ishmael who by all accounts is ours, but isn't yet official. Can't imagine its more than 5-6 slots

Ishmael
Cordy
Washington
Ward
Thomas/Watson (both? if we get the breaks?)

That seems to be our top targets for the remaining slots.

If Wilbon visits on 1/31 he'd be on that list. Or do they take more than 25 knowing 2-3 won't make it? AJ, Corey, and Wayne can all be backdated as well.

If Wilbon visits on 1/31 he'd be on that list. Or do they take more than 25 knowing 2-3 won't make it? AJ, Corey, and Wayne can all be backdated as well.

backdated sure, but still can't have more than 85. Based on what I understood, if we take more than 21 we are in serious danger of breaching that number if everbody makes it, and we don't send more guys packing from this years team.

backdated sure, but still can't have more than 85. Based on what I understood, if we take more than 21 we are in serious danger of breaching that number if everbody makes it, and we don't send more guys packing from this years team.

That's how I understand it. So if we do take more than 21 someone else is leaving the team or the staff will be grayshirting some kids at prep because you can't go over 85 schollies.

That's how I understand it. So if we do take more than 21 someone else is leaving the team or the staff will be grayshirting some kids at prep because you can't go over 85 schollies.

At this point I don't think we have anybody else leaving voluntarily (transfer or graduation or whatever) unless we have another random arrest that causes kids to get kicked off the squad (can that really be predicted?) I think if we take more than 21, it's because we expect multiple guys not to qualify.

This stuff always works itself out. The coaches know how many they need.

You know how that goes. Every year we have some unexpected attrition [like every other program]. A player or two might graduate and decide to hang 'em up. A player or two might unexpectedly decide to transfer in search of more PT. A player or two might encounter academic difficulties... or get injured... or get in trouble and get the boot [a la MPB]. A recruit or two might need to go to prep school to qualify. Etc.

I wouldn't remotely be surprised to see us take as many as 25 or possibly one or two more, because the numbers always seem to work themselves out in the end. My guess is that if we have a kid we like and we're at 23 in the class [for example], they won't hesitate to bring in an extra player or two that the staff really likes because of the above.

You know how that goes. Every year we have some unexpected attrition [like every other program]. A player or two might graduate and decide to hang 'em up. A player or two might unexpectedly decide to transfer in search of more PT. A player or two might encounter academic difficulties... or get injured... or get in trouble and get the boot [a la MPB]. A recruit or two might need to go to prep school to qualify. Etc.

I wouldn't remotely be surprised to see us take as many as 25 or possibly one or two more, because the numbers always seem to work themselves out in the end. My guess is that if we have a kid we like and we're at 23 in the class [for example], they won't hesitate to bring in an extra player or two that the staff really likes because of the above.

I agree. I was just clarifying that even if some of the kids are backdated there is still that hard number of 85 that can't be breached. I also keep hearing that we take 24-25 total. Maybe it's just my perception but I wonder if this staff seems to be more willing to actively recruit kids that they know will probably have to grayshirt. Stockpiling for next year...somewhat like what K State does with Jucos.

I

I can think of 2 or 3 upper classmen that perhaps should move on and take their degree, or transfer, if PT is their goal. They just will never see the field for meaningful PT. That said, if a kid likes it here, realizes and accepts his role, he's still part of the team. I don't expect anyone to be asked to move on, unless transfer is a consideration, or they want to move on with their life, as was the case with Phillips last yr. Also, if we go the grey shirt route with anything but B list options, it won't sit well with most of the kids we have in play. I think we have 3-4 academic question marks. That's where some of the attrition will come from. The 'Cooper Plan' is not a bad future investment plan if the kid is loyal to the program.

I think if Dawson has a condition,which I hope he doesn't, to keep him from playing,I think his aid package does not count then until fully cleared..

CuseLegacy said:

There is one more that is probably leaving.

This is ignorant. He is still a top 3 returning receiver, and we likely arent sniffing Long and Williams without him.

Wow, someone's got their panties in a bunch. Just because I have a different opinion than you doesn't make it ignorant.

Wow, someone's got their panties in a bunch. Just because I have a different opinion than you doesn't make it ignorant.

Of course it doesn't. You are certainly entitled to your opinion(s). However, the one where you so willingly jettison West is quite simply ignorant. Statistically, he was our second best receiver last year, the third best the year prior, and he is the programs connection to Long and Williams. He isnt a gamebreaker, but if Broyld and Estime continue to develop, he will be a very valuable, experienced, third option. You dont just hope that kind of player is cast aside or quits.

Of course it doesn't. You are certainly entitled to your opinion(s). However, the one where you so willingly jettison West is quite simply ignorant. Statistically, he was our second best receiver last year, the third best the year prior, and he is the programs connection to Long and Williams. He isnt a gamebreaker, but if Broyld and Estime continue to develop, he will be a very valuable, experienced, third option. You dont just hope that kind of player is cast aside or quits.

I didn't say I would "willingly jettison" him, only that if a member of the 2 deep were not to return, I'd be fine if it were him. If he were to move on before next year I don't see how, at this juncture, that impacts Long or Williams. I agree, he's not a game breaker. He had too many drops in the red zone in '12 and not many chances in '13. Who on the 2 deep would you feel more comfortable losing?

I didn't say I would "willingly jettison" him, only that if a member of the 2 deep were not to return, I'd be fine if it were him. If he were to move on before next year I don't see how, at this juncture, that impacts Long or Williams. I agree, he's not a game breaker. He had too many drops in the red zone in '12 and not many chances in '13. Who on the 2 deep would you feel more comfortable losing?
West isn't leaving so let's move on.

Broyld. I'd rather that someone else was catching those quick outs, someone more explosive who can get 10 yards downfield faster. And I'd much rather have West running routes that are 10+ yards than Broyld.

Ok well lets keep this thread on topic please... I dont think this thread has to do with West

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom