Class of 2020 - CB Clarence Lewis (NJ) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/16/24) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 CB Clarence Lewis (NJ) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/16/24)

Thanks, CL. Remember, the staff missed out on some other corner targets earlier this winter. I think they’d like another experienced corner on the roster.

CL does not just post randomly I have been told by others on this board. My guess something to pay attention to. Don’t mind me, I will just be over here, keeping an eye out for a commit.

IMG_0548.gif

I'm posting this thread because it was pointed out to me, cuse45 , that Coach Brown liked this tweet about Lewis entering the portal. Also, fwiw, there is some following with Mannicci.
CLARENCE LEWIS GRAD TRANSFER FROM NOTRE DAME IN PORTAL/ 124 TACKLES, 4 TFL, 3 FF'S 18 PBU'S DURING PLAYING TIME IN S. BEND / FROM EDISON NJ
# 6 CB / 4.45 40/ 33" VJ/ 4.11 SH
images (78).jpg

>A product of Edison, N.J., Lewis has three career interceptions, including a 33-yard touchdown return against FCS-level Tennessee State last season. He also blocked a punt at Syracuse in 2022 as part of Notre Dame’s program record-tying total of seven blocked punts that year.<

Tyler James • InsideNDSports
Publisher
@TJamesND

After four seasons at Notre Dame, cornerback
Clarence Lewis
will look into other options for his fifth and final season of eligibility.

The 6-foot, 202-pound senior entered the transfer portal Friday as a graduate transfer, Inside ND Sports confirmed with multiple sources. Because Lewis is scheduled to graduate in May, he doesn't have to wait for the April 16-30 transfer portal window to open.
Lewis played in 50 games with 23 starts during his Notre Dame career. He tallied 124 tackles, four tackles for loss, three interceptions, 18 pass breakups, three forced fumbles and one sack in an Irish uniform.
A product of Edison, N.J., Lewis has three career interceptions, including a 33-yard touchdown return against FCS-level Tennessee State last season. He also blocked a punt at Syracuse in 2022 as part of Notre Dame’s program record-tying total of seven blocked punts that year.

UPDATED 3/14/2024

THE IMPORTANCE OFTHE 40 YARD DASH

It is primarily run to evaluate the speed and acceleration of American football players by coaches and scouts particularly for the NFL Draft but also for collegiate recruiting. A player's recorded time for every position can have a heavy impact on his prospects in college or professional football.

OK = 5.0 - 5.99

OK! = 4.9 - 4.99

FAIR = 4.8 - 4.89

GOOD = 4.7 - 4.79

FAST = 4.6 - 4.69

FAST! = 4.5 - 4.59

>>>>VERY FAST = 4.4 - 4.49 <<<< (4.45) WHERE EVERY RB, WR, AND ALL DB’S WANT THEIR TIME TO BE AT A GAME TIME OR AT THE COMBINE

ELITE = 4.0 - 4.39 > TRANSFER ZEED HAYNES 4.39 IS HERE NOW, MALACHI JAMES 4.39, IS A FEB. SIGNEE< MARCELLUS BARNES 4.39 IS A DEC SIGNEE

This guy logged 23 starts for one of the best defenses in the country the last four years. If he did come to Syracuse, it’s to compete for a starting job.
Agreed. I’m sure he’s been told he can compete for and earn immediate starting time. He’ll be going against a true freshman and others who have never started. Opportunity to start is definitely there. Could be a good bridge guy for a year for Barnes.

give me as many guys possible that have the ability to get drafted. Dunno if this is that type of player but these 1 year guys are great bc when they get announced at draft they will say Syracuse instead of notre dame. I’m all for that wit Fran

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom